Author Topic: Leg mass without squats?  (Read 9759 times)

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
Re: Leg mass without squats?
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »
15 years no squat or free bar bench. Pics from yesterday. I'm 50 years old. Doing it the GH15 way. 6ft. 238 in the morning.

what did you do? deadlifts mainly?

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 07:53:51 AM »
Squats are one of the best exercises going. Most don't do them and many who do use a very shallow range of motion. Having said that it isn't necessary to feel you have to squat if they are not for you due to structural issues. Just as the flat barbell bench press isn't something that's mandatory in the weight room.

I rarely see this exercise but it's fantastic for the legs. It deep squats holding dumbbells at your sides.  Most would say I use 300 plus when I barbell squat how could I find big enough dumbbells. Let me tell you if you squat upright and deep enough  just to the point where the dumbbells come within an inch of the floor you can't use a lot of weight. Try it. Use straps and hold the bells at your side. Squat upright and really deep. Do a couple of sets of 12.  It's a really hard exercise.  You will really feel this in your legs.

you are right, most will not try db squats like this but they are good.  I go so far as to put the dbs on the floor every rep.  good post.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 07:58:57 AM »

Leg mass without squats  ???

Simple.
Just die and born again as female.

:-\

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 08:20:33 AM »
15 years no squat or free bar bench. Pics from yesterday. I'm 50 years old. Doing it the GH15 way. 6ft. 238 in the morning.
+ a boatload of drugs "at 50".  ::)

lol, anyone can do this jackass. :D

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:39 AM »
Oh Jesus, ease up on the guy. For one, he is fifty. He also isn't coming on here claiming natural and the ability to break the world squat record if he so desired.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 11:46:44 AM »
I superset the Thight Master with your mom....

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »
groink looks better and only on a thimble of tren a week.

Your move now, ergo. Your move...

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 12:57:13 PM »
 I used to love to squat but getting older and having injuries meant I dropped it (along with the deadlift)

My legs are maybe 1/2" smaller but don't really look any worse and I'm not in constant chronic pain all the time like I used to be.

Bill Loguidice

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:35 PM »
Yeah, I had to drop squats too except occasionally very light with a barbell or with dumbbells because my back can't take the compression anymore. Luckily legs are one of my better body parts so they've responded well to alternatives. Honestly, I don't think any exercise is MUST do, and there are always alternatives. It may just mean more or a different type of work...