Author Topic: A US soldier in Afghanistan has shot dead 15 civilians..Nine children.  (Read 29067 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.

A US soldier in Afghanistan has shot dead 15 civilians and wounded others after entering their homes in Kandahar province, Afghan and Nato sources say.

He reportedly left his base early in the morning to attack village homes. Nine children are among the dead.

The White House said it was "deeply concerned" and Nato-led forces in Afghanistan have begun an inquiry.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has condemned the attack and demanded an explanation from Washington.

BBC correspondents expect there could be a furious backlash when news of the attack reaches the wider public.

In Kandahar's Panjwai district, local people have reportedly gathered near the base to protest about Sunday's killings, and the US embassy is advising against travel to the area.

Anti-US sentiment is already high in Afghanistan after US soldiers burnt copies of the Koran last month.

US officials have apologised repeatedly for the incident at a Nato base in Kabul but they failed to quell a series of protests and attacks that killed at least 30 people and six US troops.
'My family dead'

The soldier has not been named but is thought to be a staff sergeant.
Quenton Sommerville

Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.

BBC's Quentin Sommerville: "This kind of rogue event is almost unknown in Afghanistan"

He is reported to have walked off his base at around 03:00 local time (22:30 GMT Saturday) and headed to nearby villages, moving methodically from house to house.

Early reports spoke of 16 deaths but Afghan officials later said 15 had been confirmed.

"Eleven members of my family are dead," Haji Samad, an elder from Najeeban village, told AFP news agency.

Haji Sayed Jan, from Alkozai village, said: "My home was attacked and I lost four family members".

Photographs from the scene showed bodies, some of them clearly young children, placed in a vehicle under blankets.

Some reports suggested that more than one soldier was involved in the attack, and a statement by the Taliban accused Afghan security forces of playing a role.

A delegation from the provincial governor's office has arrived in the village to determine exactly what happened, a spokesman said.

The soldier - who reportedly suffered a breakdown before the attacks - is said to have handed himself over to the US military authorities after carrying out the killings.
'Intentional murders'

In a statement, Mr Karzai described the deaths in Kandahar as "intentional murders".
Continue reading the main story

"When Afghan people are killed deliberately by US forces this action is murder and terror and an unforgivable action," he said.

President Karzai has been consulting officials in Kandahar by telephone. The region is regarded as the birthplace of the Taliban.

Caitlin Hayden, a spokeswoman for the White House National Security Council, said US President Barack Obama had been briefed on the incident. She added: "We are deeply concerned by the initial reports of this incident, and are monitoring the situation closely."

Gen John R Allen, commander of the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf), said US officials in Afghanistan would work with their Afghan counterparts to investigate what had happened.

"This deeply appalling incident in no way represents the values of Isaf and coalition troops or the abiding respect we feel for the Afghan people, he said in a statement.

General Carsten Jacobson: "A US soldier left his base in Kandahar in the middle of the night, went into the nearby village, and shot at Afghan civilians"

"I am absolutely dedicated to making sure that anyone who is found to have committed wrong-doing is held fully accountable," he added.

This is the first time Afghan civilians have been targeted by foreign soldiers in this way, the BBC's Quentin Sommerville reports from Kabul.

However, a US soldier was convicted last year on three counts of premeditated murder after leading a rogue "kill team" in Afghanistan.

Kandahar is the Taliban's spiritual heartland and is considered strategically important because of its international airport, its agricultural and industrial output and its position as one of the country's main trading hubs.

The province has seen heavy fighting between Nato and Taliban forces over the last five years.
Map

Mr Karzai said earlier he still expected to sign a strategic partnership with the US in the next couple of months.

He said discussions would continue on the precise role the US would play in Afghanistan after Nato handed over security responsibility to Kabul at the end of 2014.

On Friday, Kabul and Washington reached a deal to transfer US-run prisons in the country to Afghan control.

Gracie Rules

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
thats what you get when every wacko can get into the military

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Can you imagine what would happen if a Muslim had walked into homes in new york or London and shot 20 white adults and children last night?

They would have been branded terrorist scum.

Just as well we have one rule for them and another for us  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Response from Government: Nothing to see here folks! Eh, hem, Ah, 9/11 & terrorism and all that, yeah, that's right, they're the bad guys, the're evil - how dare the Iraqis resist our forced occupation leading to 1/4 million civilian deaths - don't these stupid Iraqis know that we are killing them for their own good.  These fucking IRAQIS just don't seem to get it!  Dumb Towelheads, well, I guess will have to kill some more Iraqis until they understand that we are killing for peace, yeah I know its a paradox and complete evil to justify peace with war, but god dammit we love to kill and blow shit up, and who is the rest of the world to say anything.  If they don't like it, they can go live on another planet!
V

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
they been at war for too long, some troops have done 10 tours or more by now, they need to get out of there, wasn't Obama suppose to bring the troops home no more than a year after taking office?

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
hes a terrorist
TEAM Nasser

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
they been at war for too long, some troops have done 10 tours or more by now, they need to get out of there, wasn't Obama suppose to bring the troops home no more than a year after taking office?
I am amazed that people still believe and trust their President - it is testament to the high levels of brain washing created by the curriculum - Very powerful stuff, remove children from their parents, I am always amazed that parents willingly hand over their children to an obvious elitist system, but anyway, people do, but I digress, the government then fills their impressionable minds full of BS so that they grow up and wonder why The President lied for the millionth time and yet do nothing about it!  Amazing stuff Propaganda!
V

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
I am amazed that people still believe and trust their President - it is testament to the high levels of brain washing created by the curriculum - Very powerful stuff, remove children from their parents, I am always amazed that parents willingly hand over their children to an obvious elitist system, but anyway, people do, but I digress, the government then fills their impressionable minds full of BS so that they grow up and wonder why The President lied for the millionth time and yet do nothing about it!  Amazing stuff Propaganda!

I fully agree

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Time to get out of there. Don't give him to the locals though! Fuck that.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
"Scientific societies are as yet in their infancy. . . . It is to be expected that advances in physiology and psychology will give governments much more control over individual mentality than they now have even in totalitarian countries. Fitche laid it down that education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished. . . . Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible. . . .”----Bertrand Russell,1953
V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: A US soldier in Afghanistan has shot dead 15 civilians..Nine children.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 09:03:54 AM »
Obama should remind the Afghans that something like this happens almost every other week in America

This is just a taste of freedom that we enjoy in our country

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 09:05:24 AM »
Sick fuckker!

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:19 AM »
well at least the 9 children wont grow up to be stoned to death for being Emo's.  they can at least thank the US for that.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 09:13:44 AM »
Time to get out of there. Don't give him to the locals though! Fuck that.

why not, give him to the locals, unarmed with just pants and a t shirt, let them handle their business anyway they want to, he is a terrorist of the worst kind.

TEAM Nasser

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »
Invading army of peace.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 09:19:20 AM »
thats what you get when every wacko can get into the military

I was in the military and you couldn't even imagine the number of wackos the military attracts.  Sadder still is a lot of these people seek out positions of authority such as police officer after serving.
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »

I was in the military and you couldn't even imagine the number of wackos the military attracts.  Sadder still is a lot of these people seek out positions of authority such as police officer after serving.

Good thing departments look for that and try an weed them out..

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
Excellent news. Kill more of those greasy bastards and then we can leave that sewer.
a

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:04 AM »
Excellent news. Kill more of those greasy bastards and then we can leave that sewer.

Really? Really? Children? You're talking like a dead man walking. Be careful what you wish for upon others, especially children. Calm down, grow up will ya.
#

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »

what can you expect from animals.

Very sad. Innocent civilians... especially those poor children  :'(

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »
why not, give him to the locals, unarmed with just pants and a t shirt, let them handle their business anyway they want to, he is a terrorist of the worst kind.

I disagree with you on many points, this is not one of them. I am for spreading some democracy, and think us being there is/was a good thing. That being said, he should be tried by the local govt and done whatever they deem necessary to him.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
hes a terrorist

Absolutely.
Killing civilians is always an act to strictly condemn.
Only the biggest cowards get this low.
Fukin' shitpant would cry for his mom if he ever faced a true opponent on real battlefield. Probably would run home if he was ever put in real war.

It's so easy to kill shepherds armed with brutal chinese replica-ak's that these wackos eventually start to believe they are gods !!!  

MikMaq

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »

Lol when you realize that the military is made up of the craziest 10 percent of the pop, and then add years of combat its really no surprise.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »
And....? ???

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »
Situations getting worsen!