Author Topic: HGH and long term blood sugar  (Read 890 times)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
HGH and long term blood sugar
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »
Has anyone on here been on GH for a while, come off and noticed a change in resting blood sugar? I have been on GH for a while(at least a year) not a whole lot though, probably 4iu average daily. Anyway, I had to take a couple weeks off and I noticed I had all the signs of low resting blood sugar. My fasted BS is averaging in the low 60's and when I eat, it doesnt want to come up past the high 70's low 80's. I know those are on the low end of the acceptable range, but I feel like shite all day. Working out is a chore because I am lightheaded constantly and feel weak. I never used slin during this timeframe except maybe a handful of times, so thats not the culprit. I am almost thinking my body was putting out more of its own insulin in response to the blood sugar rise GH gives, and now that the GH is gone my body is still kicking out more insulin even though it is not needed leaving me with lowered blood sugar.

This morning as an example, my fasted glucose waas 65. I ate 4 whole eggs, two big bagels and a glass of pineapple juice, probably around 120 carbs total. I take my blood sugar an hour after eating and it was 76, thats not a big jump at all. So I take 2iu of thanks and check again 30 minutes later and its at 86 and I all of a sudden feel much better. So a 11 point jump from 120 carbs and a 10 point jump from 2iu GH. WTF man, I dont want to have to take GH just to feel like myself, because that is a slippery slope. Any suggestions?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: HGH and long term blood sugar
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
This is a very interesting topic.

I have read several clinical studies showing that a GH injection effects BG levels for a few hours after the shot. I am curious to see how long term GH use changes our sugar requirements.

I have been on GH for a long time and i haven't experienced what you are talking about, but i have only taken a few breaks here and there.

I just checked my BG and it's at 92 after eating a large meal about 45 minutes ago. I've been on 6iu of Novo's for a few months.

I'm going to pull some of those studies and ask my Endo what he thinks. Last time i spoke to him about it he said that he had never seen anyone experience this, but 99% of his patients take 1-2iu per day and he has limited experience with high doses.

8)

GettingBig

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »
You not a lone !

I know someone who used to complain about it and still, after some oats with honey,egg whites, banana his sugar reading is mid 80's.

He felt better when he drank a glass of water with some dextrose!!!

Not sure how many iu's but I'm guessing he was on 3-5ius max a day.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:38:02 PM »
I just started back on AAS like 2 weeks ago and have definitely noticed the lowered blood sugar more since then. Around that same time I came off the GH as well, so I think it may be a combo of the two. But thinking back over the years, I think I've always had a bit of low blood sugar going on. I remember many times being very light headed/shaky working out and I never knew why. This was before GB and the internet, I've been lifting weights for 22 years. Is having lowered blood sugar continually a bad thing really? If you work out a lot wouldnt your body become very efficient with glucose disposal and maybe give you blood sugar that is lower than a sedentary individual? Then add in AAS with GH and your bodies natural abilities are amplified and you really notice the lowered blood sugar. How does that hypothesis sound? Legit or wishful thinking?