Author Topic: Raw video: Deputy beating teen girl!  (Read 7328 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Raw video: Deputy beating teen girl!
« on: March 11, 2012, 06:03:42 PM »

It's not too recent, but its just amazing how professional....professi onal an officer can be inside of a precinct, in a cell.

- Discuss
#

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Raw video: Deputy beating teen girl!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »
Just completely fucking wrong.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:08:53 PM »
we can also see that she peed her pants

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »
brutal overreaction  ::)

SEATTLE — A King County sheriff's deputy kicks a 15-year-old girl, slams her to the floor of a jail cell, strikes her and pulls her hair in violence captured on videotape.

Prosecutors released the surveillance video Friday in the assault case against Deputy Paul Schene, who is accused of using excessive force on the girl. Schene, 31, pleaded not guilty to fourth-degree assault in Superior Court on Thursday.

The incident last November began after the girl was brought in for an auto theft investigation, according to court documents. The footage shows the attack beginning after the girl enters the cell at suburban SeaTac City Hall and kicks off one of her shoes toward the deputy.

"We believe this case is beyond just police misconduct, it's criminal misconduct," King County Prosecutor Daniel Satterberg said. "This is clearly excessive force."

Schene was investigated previously for shooting two people — killing one — in the line of duty in 2002 and 2006. Both times his actions were found to be justified, said Ian Goodhew, prosecutor's deputy chief of staff.

Calls by The Associated Press to Schene's lawyer, Anne Bremner, were not immediately returned Friday. Bremner, however, released a statement to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in which she said the video does not tell the whole story. Bremner had asked Judge Catherine Shaffer not to release the video to the media.

"As we argued to the judge, it will inflame public opinion and will severely impact the deputy's right to a fair trial," Bremner said.

In the video, a deputy kicks the girl, pushing her back toward the wall. The deputy then strongly backs the girl against the wall and slams her to the floor by grabbing her hair. A second deputy enters the holding cell, while the first deputy holds the girl face down to the floor. The first deputy appears to hit the girl with his hands. The girl is then lifted up and led out of the cell while the first deputy holds her hair.

The second officer shown in the video was a trainee at the time and is not under investigation, Goodhew said.

According to court documents, the girl complained of breathing problems after the incident and medics were called to check her. A short time later, she was taken to a youth detention center and booked for investigation of auto theft and third-degree assault, the latter accusation dealing with her conduct toward the deputy. The girl has pleaded not guilty to taking a motor vehicle without permission, Goodhew said Friday, adding she was never formally charged with assault.

Schene told investigators through an e-mail conversation with his lawyer that once he was assaulted by the girl kicking her shoe at him, he entered the cell to "prevent another assault," according to court documents. Schene also said the girl failed to comply with instructions in the holding area.

Prosecutors said Schene did not explain why he struck the girl after he had her in a holding position on the floor.
© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

j_mtl

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »
well done officer    ;D ;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 06:12:32 PM »
cost him his job

Crime & Punishment
Former Deputy Paul Schene Says He Beat Teenage Girl Because He Was Afraid of Her
By Caleb Hannan Tue., Jan. 26 2010 at 11:10 AM
Categories: Crime & Punishment

Pin It

UPDATE: Daily Weekly speaks to one of the Schene jurors. Details after the jump.

It's long past time for Paul Schene to man up. The King County Sheriff's Deputy who lost his job after beating 15-year-old Malika Calhoun in a SeaTac holding cell first said he'd attacked the girl because she injured his shin kicking off her shoe. Then, when video was released showing him accidentally kicking the cell's metal toilet, and thus injuring himself, he wisely shut up. Until yesterday.

That's when he testified for the first time about his version of the events that were caught on tape in November of 2008.

As The Seattle Times reports, Schene defended his actions as appropriate because he said Calhoun had made an "angry face" at him, kicked her shoe deliberately at his groin and because he was "afraid of being injured by her." Schene also said he followed police academy protocol when he kicked Calhoun, grabbed her by the hair, threw her to the ground and punched her multiple times while she was cuffed.

It's unknown what effect Schene's testimony had on jurors. But as a representative of everyone in the world with working retinas, I can say the only effect it had on me was to feel pity for the man who lives his life in fear of teenage girls throwing tantrums.

UPDATE: According to KIRO, the judge's decision came after jurors said they were deadlocked.

Despite the strong evidence against Schene, the mistrial shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Yesterday jurors asked the judge to boot one of their own because she had a 15-year-old daughter, and therefore couldn't be impartial. The judge told them to keep deliberating, but apparently that didn't help matters.

Still trying to figure out who wanted to let Schene go free and why. I'll update when I find out.

UPDATE: According to one of the jurors, Schene got a mistrial because of one person who could not be convinced.

Like a lot of people, I was a little surprised last Friday when Schene's case was declared a mistrial. Maybe I shouldn't have been; our system of justice is, after all, necessarily imperfect, and I was only watching from the outside, not actually in the courtroom charged with making a decision that would drastically affect another human being's future.

So in order to satisfy my curiosity, I decided to call some of the jurors and find out what happened. Thus far, only one has returned my call. And that juror, understandably, does not feel comfortable being identified. But this person (let's call them Juror Number One) was comfortable answering some questions about the case.

Right off the bat, it should be noted that Juror Number One takes the whole idea of serving on a jury very seriously. Logic is important to this person. Ditto for dispassionate reasoning. If it helps you better understand their character, I'd imagine Juror Number One is either a strict vegetarian or has come up will a rational, lengthy explanation for why they eat meat that makes other carnivores feel guilty for not thinking it through.

I don't know if that makes any sense. But what I'm trying to say is that I'd imagine if any of us was ever convicted of a crime, we'd want someone like Juror Number One deciding our fate.

Anyway, as has been reported, Juror Number One confirmed that there was indeed only one holdout who didn't want to convict Schene. This person, who we're also not going to identify, made their position on the case known very quickly.

"Friday morning the individual came in and said I think we should set an order for a hung jury now because I'm not going to change my mind," says Juror Number One. "We said no and tried a few hours more of deliberating, but he just refused. He said 'This is just making me more resolved.'"

According to Juror Number One, the dissenting man couldn't bridge an intellectual gap. He agreed that Schene had used unnecessary force, but thought that by deeming it unlawful, the prosecution was making him and the rest of the jury declare that Schene had intended to harm Calhoun.

"This particular juror felt that we were somehow suggesting that this guy had criminal intent in his head. Like we were getting inside his head," says Juror Number One. "It was so frustrating to explain and explain all day long. And for an individual who was an adult and was seemingly intelligent, either they were acting stupid or they just made a really poor decision. Upon reflection, I feel like the person had to be biased. They stated many times that they were not going to be convinced."

Juror Number One still thinks their time in court was worth it. ("I really enjoyed the experience. It was a good test of character to see if I could remain impartial.") But they say they're worried about the impression the public will get following the Schene mistrial. Especially in light of the case of Christopher Monfort, the alleged Halloween-night cop-killer who apparently was partially motivated by the Schene video.

"I'm afraid for the community because we just had these cop killings and the person used this as part of his motive," says Juror Number One. "It makes me a little sad that the community thinks cops can get away with it. All it takes is one bad juror. I hope people understand that 11 people knew what they were doing."
Tags:
Paul Schene

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 06:14:01 PM »
This is why I smile all day long when I hear of Policemen being shot in the line of duty!  The Police believe it's us against them, and it is!  I will look forward to the next police shooting in the news, and then think back to this girl and how a small piece of real world natural justice is now served.
V

L.L

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 06:15:32 PM »
now , this is  police brutality and fucked up...the black dyke being tackled for resisting at Quisnos was good stuff

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »
This is why I smile all day long when I hear of Policemen being shot in the line of duty!  The Police believe it's us against them, and it is!  I will look forward to the next police shooting in the news, and then think back to this girl and how a small piece of real world natural justice is now served.

man you're pretty warped lol

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 06:17:08 PM »
now , this is  police brutality and fucked up...the black dyke being tackled for resisting at Quisnos was good stuff
Yup,that cacksukker deserved to lose his job.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 07:05:58 PM »
This is why I smile all day long when I hear of Policemen being shot in the line of duty!

Better hope you don't need one, one day.

Please use a rubber so you don't reproduce.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »

YOU SIR OUR AN IDIOT
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »

NAH HE IS A TOUGH GUY ;)

AND YES I HOPE HE DOESN'T REPRODUCE
irongearco.com

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
That might have been excessive but I bet that little shit will think twice before stealing a car and thinking she can just kick shit at a cop. Fucking brats think they can get away with anything.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »

I would never need a cop.  A detective maybe but not a cop.  Cops are only good for harassing people and handing out tickets.  Glorified meter maids is all they are.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 07:51:55 PM »
What a fucking pig. I hope he gets shot.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 08:09:43 PM »
if i had soda in my mouth it woudl have been on my computer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »
Can't believe no one has said it yet....

MELTDOWN!

;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »

YOU SIR OUR AN IDIOT
The low education level of the average getbigger is astonishing! What's more astonishing, offering up a 4th grade grammar level post accusing someone else of being an Idiot!

The question I put to you, and the average American will understand this "Is our children learning?"
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 08:56:39 PM »

I also smile more deeply when my justified and educated hatred of the current Western police Forces upsets do-gooders.  Everyone knows it's the do-gooders who start all the shit!
V

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 08:57:05 PM »
The low education level of the average getbigger is astonishing! What's more astonishing, all the while offering up a 4th grade grammar level post accusing someone else of being an Idiot!

The question I put to you, and the average American will understand this "Is our children learning?"

;D

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »

Rarely is that question asked.. :D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
Rarely is that question asked.. :D
My only response to that is "childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured,"
V

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 11:42:19 PM »
E-Kul sometimes sounds like my Australian Gimmick.

;D

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 11:54:07 PM »
The first thing I would do when I got out of jail was make sure I found out where that cop lived.