Author Topic: two groups that are equally annoying.  (Read 792 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
two groups that are equally annoying.
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »
Celebrities and Law Enforcement.

1.  Celebrities act like they are fucking royalty and yes, we treat them like royalty to the point where there is celebrity dynasties, every kid in the family is given everything they want and we eat it up like they're all really special ::)

2. The Law Enforcement field acting like they have the most fucking dangerous job in America.  They too have taken on this aura of, "we're more important than you" They routinely score around 9th or 10th in the number of fatalities compared to other fields and in that number they include security guards!  If you count up the number of law enforcement across the country, they probably outweigh any other field in the top ten.  These other more dangerous workplaces are regular people just working for their family to provide a service for the people, just like cops.  If a coal miner dies, nobody gives a shit, if a cop dies, oh my fucking god.  I don't mean by this to make light of a cop's death, any work related death is horrible and should not have happened.  It's this perception given that it's a fucking major tragedy that needs justice for a cop while the greater numbers dying in more dangerous jobs just get an obituary in the paper, end of story.  Cops, welcome to the club, you're not better than the public you serve and you're not doing the most dangerous thing in America.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: two groups that are equally annoying.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 09:27:56 PM »

1.  Celebrities act like they are fucking royalty and yes, we treat them like royalty to the point where there is celebrity dynasties, every kid in the family is given everything they want and we eat it up like they're all really special ::)

2. The Law Enforcement field acting like they have the most fucking dangerous job in America.  They too have taken on this aura of, "we're more important than you" They routinely score around 9th or 10th in the number of fatalities compared to other fields and in that number they include security guards!  If you count up the number of law enforcement across the country, they probably outweigh any other field in the top ten.  These other more dangerous workplaces are regular people just working for their family to provide a service for the people, just like cops.  If a coal miner dies, nobody gives a shit, if a cop dies, oh my fucking god.  I don't mean by this to make light of a cop's death, any work related death is horrible and should not have happened.  It's this perception given that it's a fucking major tragedy that needs justice for a cop while the greater numbers dying in more dangerous jobs just get an obituary in the paper, end of story.  Cops, welcome to the club, you're not better than the public you serve and you're not doing the most dangerous thing in America.

Post of the week!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »
Post of the week!
Thanks, just sick of seeing some bust their asses for everyone and never get or expect special credit while others act like they're the most important thing ever to come along.

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 04:28:11 AM »
Just like when Whitney Houston or Andrew Breitbart dies, MSM is OMFG!  But they never run a special on a Soldier or Marine that died in Afghanistan or Iraq that week. 

These wars would be over if MSM would cover the families and lives of Soldiers killed in action every week to show the American people that war does have a huge cost.  But no, they would rather cover contraception issues, or Rush Limbaugh saying slut on the radio.
Live free or die

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 04:52:32 AM »
Just like when Whitney Houston or Andrew Breitbart dies, MSM is OMFG!  But they never run a special on a Soldier or Marine that died in Afghanistan or Iraq that week. 

These wars would be over if MSM would cover the families and lives of Soldiers killed in action every week to show the American people that war does have a huge cost.  But no, they would rather cover contraception issues, or Rush Limbaugh saying slut on the radio.
yup, the local media is the only, wait, forgot, most of the local media has been taken over by the major MSM shitbags so we don't even hear about it there.  I guess you'll have to go check the wall in your local walmart for a new picture ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 05:00:51 AM »
 :).  You mean you are not enlightened by the musings of ben afleck, damon, bruce, baldwin, streisand et al? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 05:24:47 AM »
:).  You mean you are not enlightened by the musings of ben afleck, damon, bruce, baldwin, streisand et al?  
not so much a political thing although that's annoying too.  Just how these fuckers act like they're royalty and the people treat them like royalty.  That's beyond annoying.  They fucking act in shows, plays and movies.  Big deal, that doesn't make them any better than most people working their ass off day to day.  It's not like they are fucking heros but they act like it and we treat them like it. it's sick.

Since you mentioned several on the left, I will mention one on the right, Chuch Norris.  Chuck went on a crybaby rampage several years back talking about how he got screwed in hollywood because they were all liberals. How the hell did Clint Eastwood and others on the right ever get by there lol...  If he got screwed in hollywood, it's because his acting and the films he signed onto were mostly budget crap.  What did he expect, that one day he was going to act in a blockbuster and get an oscar with the type of roles he was taking?  LOL,... that didn't stop him from crying about it on fox like he was screwed over ::)  Yea, most of hollywood is liberal, but sorry Chuck, that's not what screwed you over, you did.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 05:27:13 AM »
Most "celebs" have an artificial sense of self worth due to the money they make.   

We attack corporate CEO's who make 5 million a year and are responsible for billions in equipment and assets, thousands of employees, etc etc

Yet - we applaud movie actors who make 15 million for a few months of work on a movie. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 05:30:52 AM »
3333, I agree on the celeb BS, what about the law enforcement angle of my original post.  Any comments on that?  Again you've put more time into that shit than I.  Am I right on that or wrong in your opinion?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 05:34:16 AM »
3333, I agree on the celeb BS, what about the law enforcement angle of my original post.  Any comments on that?  Again you've put more time into that shit than I.  Am I right on that or wrong in your opinion?

Really?  I am in a good mood right now.   Want to set me off?   I have a few friends who are cops.

Being nice - i will simply say that 99% make the 1% look good and are not much different than a taxpayer financed street gang and enforcement arm for the politicians. 

Protect and Serve my fucking ass. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 05:35:31 AM »
Really?  I am in a good mood right now.   Want to set me off?   I have a few friends who are cops.

Being nice - i will simply say that 99% make the 1% look good and are not much different than a taxpayer financed street gang and enforcement arm for the politicians. 

Protect and Serve my fucking ass. 
LOLOL Fucking OL hahaha

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »

1.  Celebrities act like they are fucking royalty and yes, we treat them like royalty to the point where there is celebrity dynasties, every kid in the family is given everything they want and we eat it up like they're all really special ::)

2. The Law Enforcement field acting like they have the most fucking dangerous job in America.  They too have taken on this aura of, "we're more important than you" They routinely score around 9th or 10th in the number of fatalities compared to other fields and in that number they include security guards!  If you count up the number of law enforcement across the country, they probably outweigh any other field in the top ten.  These other more dangerous workplaces are regular people just working for their family to provide a service for the people, just like cops.  If a coal miner dies, nobody gives a shit, if a cop dies, oh my fucking god.  I don't mean by this to make light of a cop's death, any work related death is horrible and should not have happened.  It's this perception given that it's a fucking major tragedy that needs justice for a cop while the greater numbers dying in more dangerous jobs just get an obituary in the paper, end of story.  Cops, welcome to the club, you're not better than the public you serve and you're not doing the most dangerous thing in America.

Good post.  Being a cop is definitely dangerous, but yeah...no long parades and marches for the coal miners or those fisherman I see on Dangerous Catch (or something like that).

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 03:18:52 PM »

Good post.  Being a cop is definitely dangerous, but yeah...no long parades and marches for the coal miners or those fisherman I see on Dangerous Catch (or something like that).

I became a cop because of the aspects of the job. Part of it was that sometimes it can be dangerous. Far be it from me to complain about one of the very things that attracted me to the job.
I would argue that firemen, police, soldiers are different than crab fishermen in regards that usually, they get killed trying to defend others while crab fishermen are putting a delicacy on the table. I think that is probably why they are honored more when they are killed.

I would add another equally annoying group to the bunch.. People who irrationally hate cops..

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 03:31:04 PM »
I became a cop because of the aspects of the job. Part of it was that sometimes it can be dangerous. Far be it from me to complain about one of the very things that attracted me to the job.
I would argue that firemen, police, soldiers are different than crab fishermen in regards that usually, they get killed trying to defend others while crab fishermen are putting a delicacy on the table. I think that is probably why they are honored more when they are killed.

I would add another equally annoying group to the bunch.. People who irrationally hate cops..

I think that's partially valid in that they are often trying to help others, though I can't think of any big funerals and hubub for airline pilots that are desperately trying to save others.

In fact, the pilots pretty much have to live in order to get any real props, lol.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »

I think that's partially valid in that they are often trying to help others, though I can't think of any big funerals and hubub for airline pilots that are desperately trying to save others.

In fact, the pilots pretty much have to live in order to get any real props, lol.

True. I do see that one pilot who landed in the Hudson doing commercials.. So that is incentive for them to live..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »

PBS shows the names of soldiers killed in Iraq/Afghanistan after the News Hour

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »
I thought this was going to be about the gay and womens rights movements ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »
I thought this was going to be about the gay and womens rights movements ;)
if you want it to be.  It's not an important thread anyway.