Author Topic: Off Topic: Hernia  (Read 5585 times)

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Off Topic: Hernia
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 07:32:59 PM »
Ha! You're right...I never thought of that...I'm sure that's what it was, lol!

I tell you though guys, the gear free lifestyle sucks ass. Well, I guess if I'm technical I'm not gear free, a TRT script is some gear but I mean, come on...you know what I mean. I don't see how any human being over the age of 30 trains hard and heavy day after day without a significant amount of gear. The aches and pains are just ridiculous.

I do know I'll be taking a full wk off from training this wk, I don't have a choice. Tonight doing chest, incline hammer right at the chest/delt tie in it popped on my second set so loud it sounded like a gun shot to me. Was the second exercise after BB incline and it was weight I've done a bazillion times easily, 4 plates per side but the 5th or 6th rep it all went down the toilet, lol!

Been a rough week training wise to say the least.

wow, maybe it's time to hang it up for a while.  Let your body heal.  Might be a good time for surgery for your hernia and let your shoulder heal too.

TEAM Nasser

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 09:01:28 AM »
Arj lol this reminds me of this : it's time to put on a headband, drop the mp3 player, get on some sweats and work the circuit and play some racquetball with some friends.

TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »
wow, maybe it's time to hang it up for a while.  Let your body heal.  Might be a good time for surgery for your hernia and let your shoulder heal too.

I've had a few weight lifting injuries over the years...twisted vertebra, and a small pec tear and my shoulders are covered in bone spurs but that's over the course of about 20yrs in the gym, so that's not too bad. I did also do the stupid drop a 45lb plate right on my big toe once and split that thing wide open, and while it hurt and bled everywhere that one just made me feel stupid, lol!

Even so, this wk has been the roughest I can ever remember...at least those few other things are spread out over the years. I'm definitely going to back off for a bit and heal up as best I can.

"Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum"

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
I've had a few weight lifting injuries over the years...twisted vertebra, and a small pec tear and my shoulders are covered in bone spurs but that's over the course of about 20yrs in the gym, so that's not too bad. I did also do the stupid drop a 45lb plate right on my big toe once and split that thing wide open, and while it hurt and bled everywhere that one just made me feel stupid, lol!

Even so, this wk has been the roughest I can ever remember...at least those few other things are spread out over the years. I'm definitely going to back off for a bit and heal up as best I can.

"Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum"

LOL

and your story about your big toe sounds like it hurt like a bitch, how long did that take to heal up?  I bet it felt terrible in your shoes the days or weeks after, my god that would suck.  Did you get stitches for it?
TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »
LOL

and your story about your big toe sounds like it hurt like a bitch, how long did that take to heal up?  I bet it felt terrible in your shoes the days or weeks after, my god that would suck.  Did you get stitches for it?

You know, I don't remember. I remember it was annoying for a pretty good while. I didn't get stitches....the side of the plate hit right on the nail and split it and half....needless to say I lost by big toe nail...seemed like it took over a year before it ever grew back right...you can't tell now.

I was doing Tbar with my training partner at the time...we were doing a drip set and I was just pulling plates off for him real fast and just dropped one right on my toe...yes, idiot, lol!

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2012, 08:14:37 AM »
You know, I don't remember. I remember it was annoying for a pretty good while. I didn't get stitches....the side of the plate hit right on the nail and split it and half....needless to say I lost by big toe nail...seemed like it took over a year before it ever grew back right...you can't tell now.

I was doing Tbar with my training partner at the time...we were doing a drip set and I was just pulling plates off for him real fast and just dropped one right on my toe...yes, idiot, lol!

That's gotta suck, if you have to wear shoes then the whole day after that it must have been very uncomfortable and hurting.  Sandals or something open footed would be the way to go after that, keep the pressure off it.

TEAM Nasser

Koe007

• Getbig I
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »
Since last year I have a Hiated Hernia, my doctor said only alternatives is surgery or Omeprazole 20mg for the rest of my life. Im currently on the Omeprazole and it has really helped. maybe give it a try.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »
Since last year I have a Hiated Hernia, my doctor said only alternatives is surgery or Omeprazole 20mg for the rest of my life. Im currently on the Omeprazole and it has really helped. maybe give it a try.

how the hell does a drug help with a hernia?

TEAM Nasser

StackedDec

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »
it doesn't, he has indigestion

I have a hernia on my right side, I got it trying to pull a piece of rebar from the ground that was anchored in asphalt as a tent stake for a 100 ft tent.  My uncle, who in his day was a legit 5'11" 240lb best that benched 400lbs as a junior in HS was trying to pull it out, and I though he loosened it a little, with his attempt, which he didn't, and I tried to pull it out sword in the stone style and rip, I tore my vas defrens from my pubic bone.  It's an umbillical hernia that I never got fixed, the good thing is I can still lift heavy and never feel it, but if I flex my abs a certain way my ball tries to jump into my stomach.   I need surgery, but I don't want to not train for 2 months.  Maxing out with 400lbs on deadlift I might feel it only if I failed the lift, any weight I pull, 387lbs last maxout, I felt nothing.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »
it doesn't, he has indigestion

I have a hernia on my right side, I got it trying to pull a piece of rebar from the ground that was anchored in asphalt as a tent stake for a 100 ft tent.  My uncle, who in his day was a legit 5'11" 240lb best that benched 400lbs as a junior in HS was trying to pull it out, and I though he loosened it a little, with his attempt, which he didn't, and I tried to pull it out sword in the stone style and rip, I tore my vas defrens from my pubic bone.  It's an umbillical hernia that I never got fixed, the good thing is I can still lift heavy and never feel it, but if I flex my abs a certain way my ball tries to jump into my stomach.   I need surgery, but I don't want to not train for 2 months.  Maxing out with 400lbs on deadlift I might feel it only if I failed the lift, any weight I pull, 387lbs last maxout, I felt nothing.

oh ok, that sounds about right, because a hernia is a hernia, not something I thought could be fixed by taking a pill lol.

TEAM Nasser