Author Topic: Anyone Familiar With Psychology? Off Topic  (Read 6426 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Anyone Familiar With Psychology? Off Topic
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »
I'm starting to believe that my problem is that I have low or no self esteem?

I read that having no shame is a symptom?  The only thing that motivates me in life is looking good, or smart, or important to others, and experiencing good physical feelings.

Wtf...

What's my problem?  Low self esteem?  This never occurred to me until I started researching.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Anyone Familiar With Psychology? Off Topic
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:26:06 PM »
I can only be myself around about six people I know well.  Around others I'm always acting, not being me.  Why?

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:26:37 PM »
Narcissist. Text book my man.

Oh and def low self esteem.

Hey, we are all fucked up in one way or another :P

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
I'd like to know how it is that you know you have something that isn't even real. Shame.... esteem.... these are labels you've put on what are called feelings. Feelings are all the same. Just feelings. Some feel better or worse than others so we judge and put labels on them as to what they are.... but you must understand they're all the same. Words to describe feelings help us think that they're seperate. Shame guilt love self esteem... the whole game is all the same thing. If you feel something... it's just a feeling!

Imagine you see yourself standing in the middle of a room. Ask what do you see? Do you see shame? self esteem? No. These are just concepts developed by your mind. We have a tendency to build concepts of who we are and who others are. It's done mostly by constant judging. Better worse, tall, fat, handsome, ugly, and whatever else you may use to judge everything. When you judge others all the time, you'll come to assume everyone is judging you all the time. What you see in yourself is what you will see in other people. It's by your own understanding of yourself that you have low self esteem. Any fool will see his own foolishness. When you come to see yourself as nothing, you will realize everyone is that same nothing. And out of this nothignness you may become anything. Nothing is more ripe for creation than empty space. If you're stuck believing that you're a person that has low self esteem, you'll be that person all the time.

Your goal should be to live formless. Clear your mind and let it all come to you. If you feel nervous that's fine. Be nervous. It will pass. Your very effort to control your feelings and rise out of this low self esteem creates low self esteem. The more you want power, the more you can't have it. Why is that? If you had it you wouldn't want it. To want something abstract is to chase your own tail.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »

I read that having no shame is a symptom?  The only thing that motivates me in life is looking good, or smart, or important to others, and experiencing good physical feelings.

Wtf...

What's my problem?  Low self esteem?  This never occurred to me until I started researching.
Don't waste your time with that Psychology bullshit! It will get you nowhere - Psychiatry has actually killed more humans than all the world wars put together - this is true - Psychology can only lead you astray, it is a sponsored government pseudo science use to control and manipulate populations.

Self Esteem is POP Psychology BS anyway - it is based on what somebody thinks about themselves - and since must people are delusional, their self esteem is based on non reality - this is why people are easily shattered when reality interferes with their false perceptions of themselves.

Better to develop character and a good attitude - these qualities aren't based on delusional beliefs about oneself.!
V

AlphaM

• Getbig III
  • 6'6 262
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:04:37 PM »
I'd like to know how it is that you know you have something that isn't even real. Shame.... esteem.... these are labels you've put on what are called feelings. Feelings are all the same. Just feelings. Some feel better or worse than others so we judge and put labels on them as to what they are.... but you must understand they're all the same. Words to describe feelings help us think that they're seperate. Shame guilt love self esteem... the whole game is all the same thing. If you feel something... it's just a feeling!

Imagine you see yourself standing in the middle of a room. Ask what do you see? Do you see shame? self esteem? No. These are just concepts developed by your mind. We have a tendency to build concepts of who we are and who others are. It's done mostly by constant judging. Better worse, tall, fat, handsome, ugly, and whatever else you may use to judge everything. When you judge others all the time, you'll come to assume everyone is judging you all the time. What you see in yourself is what you will see in other people. It's by your own understanding of yourself that you have low self esteem. Any fool will see his own foolishness. When you come to see yourself as nothing, you will realize everyone is that same nothing. And out of this nothignness you may become anything. Nothing is more ripe for creation than empty space. If you're stuck believing that you're a person that has low self esteem, you'll be that person all the time.

Your goal should be to live formless. Clear your mind and let it all come to you. If you feel nervous that's fine. Be nervous. It will pass. Your very effort to control your feelings and rise out of this low self esteem creates low self esteem. The more you want power, the more you can't have it. Why is that? If you had it you wouldn't want it. To want something abstract is to chase your own tail.

^^^ this, also accept your feelings, thoughts let them pass thru you, do not be scared of anything, for ex. some people I know would act fake all the time and it looks very sad... I see how they suffer deep inside, see how their souls are almost dead for ex. in question "are you tired? you look so tired and sad today" - most will answer "no, no I'm GOOD!! everything is perfect!!! What's up?" instead of being self and saying "yes I'm a bit sad and tired" just look straight into their eyes and say it how you feel. There's nothing wrong in that, you are saying truth, not complaining.

It's hard in the beginning but if you sorta practice that you will see how you change into better, "full/whole" individual. It is important to know that you are perfect already there's nothing wrong with you - you are who you are, and if you exist means there's a reason for that. you share your thoughts with others just like others share their thoughts with you, also you breath the same air that we all breath.

Just be yourself all the time and you will see how things will change into positive direction.

accept everything: people colors, behavior, gender, nationality, race, manners, looks, style, sex, interests, everything should be accepted by you because they exist for a reason just like you.

most important one - love yourself and share that love with others.

and there's one book which will open your mind it's called ""the book of Mirdad" it's the best book in the world so be careful ;)
g2g

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »

This is New Age Bullshit! Only the lost souls and women believe this shit!

V

AlphaM

• Getbig III
  • 6'6 262
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »
This is New Age Bullshit! Only the lost souls and women believe this shit!

there're lots of lost souls in this world, LOTS! and this is not bullshit ;)
g2g

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 10:18:15 PM »
there're lots of lost souls in this world, LOTS! and this is not bullshit ;)
Well to all the Lost Souls out there:
Just live your fucking life for fuck sake! don't listen to all these new age wankers with their airy fairy "just let life flow through you" bullshit -
Its not hard - if you aren't feeling too good about yourself, remind yourself of times you have been competent - nobody is either all good or all bad - we are mixtures of both - not feeling good about yourself means you are paying too much attention on the stuff you aren't very good at, you need to focus on the stuff you do well or have done well in the past.  On the other hand, if your ego gets out of check, and you become arrogant and boastful you will need to remind yourself of the times you have failed or not done well.  It's all about coming back to the middle ground - When NASA sent the Space Shuttle to the moon - they had an intended course, although the shuttle never actually followed that course, the job of the NASA engineers was to bring the Shuttle back closer to the intended course - but the entire trip is about bringing your shuttle closer to the middle path (or intended course)
this is all we can do - set course - stay on course via adjustments - avoid going way off course!
V

AlphaM

• Getbig III
  • 6'6 262
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »
Just live your fucking life for fuck sake! don't listen to all these new age wankers with their airy fairy "just let life flow through you" bullshit -
Its not hard - if you aren't feeling too good about yourself, remind yourself of times you have been competent - nobody is either all good or all bad - we are mixtures of both - not feeling good about yourself means you are paying too much attention on the stuff you aren't very good at, you need to focus on the stuff you do well or have done well in the past.  On the other hand, if your ego gets out of check, and you become arrogant and boastful you will need to remind yourself of the times you have failed or not done well.  It's all about coming back to the middle ground - When NASA sent the Space Shuttle to the moon - they had an intended course, although the shuttle never actually followed that course, the job of the NASA engineers was to bring the Shuttle back closer to the intended course - but the entire trip is about bringing your shuttle closer to the middle path (or intended course)
this is all we can do - set course - stay on course via adjustments - avoid going way off course!

agree, and well said about the ego thing and "being in the middle" in other words never exaggerate/overreact whatever happens good or bad it's all about serenity. Life will always put you down if you rise too high and will bring you up if you fall down too deep it will balance you out one just needs to let it go and  let life do its thing

just some people need help... lots of people are on meds even on this board I see lots of them take anti depressants, sleep meds, anti anxiety...

oh well...  :P

g2g

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »
bump

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 10:29:50 PM »
agree, and well said about the ego thing and "being in the middle" in other words never exaggerate/overreact whatever happens good or bad it's all about serenity. Life will always put you in the middle, will balance you out just let it go.

just some people need help... lots of people are on meds even on this board I see lots of them take anti depressants, sleep meds, anti anxiety...

oh well...  :P

Yes, a lot of people don't realise that being unrealistically over confident, boastful, arrogant etc  are just as bad as being depressed, self critical, self loathing -  these are all signs we are out of balance - the reason balance is so important, is because it is only from a balanced mindset can we make the best and most reasonable analysis of our life and life around us.  A Balanced mind gives one the ability to see life clearly and without impediment - Gandhi said - There is No path to peace - PEACE IS THE PATH!

Oh and for anybody on psych meds (anti depressants - ant anxiety's etc....) get away from our psychiatrist, stop the meds - I know I will be criticised worse than Tom Cruise - but it is these things that will keep you miserable - Your Government has no interest in you being happy, as a matter of fact it profits handsomely from your misery! Do not believe the hype - sadness and anxiety are not mental illnesses, they are part of the human condition, and do not believe any doctor when he tells you that you need anti depressants - it is Bullshit and these are very dangerous drugs!  If you want to remain in your misery keep taking that shit!
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »

I read that having no shame is a symptom?  The only thing that motivates me in life is looking good, or smart, or important to others, and experiencing good physical feelings.

Wtf...

What's my problem?  Low self esteem?  This never occurred to me until I started researching.

Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.

AlphaM

• Getbig III
  • 6'6 262
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »
Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.

you fuk :D you bumped this thread for what? :D

E-Kul agree on the last post very true! I'll add more on this tomorrow as I hope people who need some guidance will read it and change their life into positive not medicated journey.
g2g

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »

Wtf...

what maks you think you have a problem?

is there something about yourself that you dont feel great about ?

do you have something to live for ?

I can only be myself around about six people I know well.  Around others I'm always acting, not being me.  Why?
Maybe you dont like yourself. maybe you know of a better alternative personality that feels good because people like it. or maybe your just focusing on the situation your in instead of focusing on yourself. or. you tell me.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:48 PM »

Life does flow through you. Life is a current we're all stuck in. It provides feeling and experience. If we go against these feelings and experiences by creating our own by naming them and having them as we have them in our minds, we miss reality. This is to live in the ego - To assert your own reality is to miss the true nature of things. To deny reality is also to miss the true nature of things. When the universe flows without your judging of it, you can truly see how it is, and get comfortable with it. Or the alternative you may create your own reality and swim againt the current of what is.

You might ask how it is "life flows through you." An example - Trees are not made of wood, They are wood. The sun isn't busy shining, it just is. This is the true nature of being. Humans aren't trying to be being made of energy and light, they just are. When we begin to assert the reality that we're anything at all we begin to live as the ego. When we begin to live as the ego we clash against the flow of what is and this is where suffering is born.

The directions you give are for the person seeking to live in the comfortable ego (there really is no such thing). I say we move forward and just let the ego go. Or we can go ahead and weaken ourselves. It's your choice.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
Life does flow through you. Life is a current we're all stuck in. It provides feeling and experience. If we go against these feelings and experiences by creating our own by naming them and having them as we have them in our minds, we miss reality. This is to live in the ego - To assert your own reality is to miss the true nature of things. To deny reality is also to miss the true nature of things. When the universe flows without your judging of it, you can truly see how it is, and get comfortable with it. Or the alternative you may create your own reality and swim againt the current of what is.

You might ask how it is "life flows through you." An example - Trees are not made of wood, They are wood. The sun isn't busy shining, it just is. This is the true nature of being. Humans aren't trying to be being made of energy and light, they just are. When we begin to assert the reality that we're anything at all we begin to live as the ego. When we begin to live as the ego we clash against the flow of what is and this is where suffering is born.

The directions you give are for the person seeking to live in the comfortable ego (there really is no such thing). I say we move forward and just let the ego go. Or we can go ahead and weaken ourselves. It's your choice.
Once again New Age Bullshit!
Live is pretty shitty man! so Just live practically, learn practical skills, be kind and most of all never ever let anybody get your spirit down! Our Spirit is ours to protect, do not let intruders stamp on yours!
V

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »
haha i'll just leave one last quote and be gone "If you wish to see the truth, hold no opinions for or against anything" Apply that to your opnions on how you feel about life or how you feel about falcon. it's just an opinion. all words are pretty much opinions of what is. And all that is just is. words are nto truth they just describe it. All of your thoughts are not truth. None of them are. your thoughts never existed and never will. So why hold should they hold any signifigance at all? There is no path to happiness. There is no path to anytrhing in the mind. If you want to feel good. Feel good when you naturally feel good. Any other time it will not happen. A catterpillar cannot rip away it's caterpillarness. It just happens. Deal with it. Im stoned. Fuck off.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 11:50:08 PM »
haha i'll just leave one last quote and be gone "If you wish to see the truth, hold no opinions for or against anything"
well technically thats an opinion, so by the very suggestion of the passage, it is invalid - same as saying "my opinion is to have no opinions" - it is also similar to the saying "All Generalisations are dangerous, including this one!"

There are no rules, you can only prepare for "WHAT MAY" Happen based on your current circumstances  - overcome fear and the circumstances you find yourself in wont matter!
V

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »
99 bananas makes some very good points i think he just words it in a way that encourages misinterpretation of his intended message.

"have no opinions"

was supposed to be more like

"know that you cant prove anything, and that without proof nothing is certain, so dont feel certain of anything but have only have ideas about what is true based on what youve experienced and what seems to be true"

that got a little bit wordy, but its 99 bananas message not mine  ;D 

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 04:22:35 AM »
Familiar with psychology!? Pffft. Getbig's got a residency of shrinks that would make Viennese psychiatrists look like pikers.   ::)

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 05:38:45 AM »
Don't waste your time with that Psychology bullshit! It will get you nowhere - Psychiatry has actually killed more humans than all the world wars put together - this is true - Psychology can only lead you astray, it is a sponsored government pseudo science use to control and manipulate populations.

Self Esteem is POP Psychology BS anyway - it is based on what somebody thinks about themselves - and since must people are delusional, their self esteem is based on non reality - this is why people are easily shattered when reality interferes with their false perceptions of themselves.

Better to develop character and a good attitude - these qualities aren't based on delusional beliefs about oneself.!

You are seriously out of your depth here, please refrain from posting anymore of this drivel, it will only make you look like a bigger baffoon. HTH.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 05:40:45 AM »
The minute you stop trying to please others in life,is the minute you become free.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 05:41:56 AM »
The minute you stop trying to please others in life,is the minute you become free.

thats absolutely true!