Author Topic: No pain No gain? Gimme a break...  (Read 6003 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
No pain No gain? Gimme a break...
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »
I saw many douchbags who says like "I am a warrior." or "Train to death" or something like that.
But, lately i talked with Paco, the real hardworkouts are only legs and back. And the training of another bodyparts are not hard at all no matter how hard we train.

We have trained our legs to the failure over 2.5hrs numerous times. Yes its hard. but I have never felt if i die or not like when i was training for swimming competition.

Yes. Diet and cutting water for a competion is very very hard. But, training? I have never felt my life risk in a weight training session like swimming training.

ChevChelios

• Getbig III
Re: No pain No gain? Gimme a break...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 02:06:38 AM »
haha,the result could be seen on him,as he had great legs but nothing else...  ::)
GETBIG!

io856

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 02:10:36 AM »
I agree here but at the end of the day it is what it is... Won't change no matter what the opinion

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »
"every set is to the death" - Brian Dobson.

Boundary Breaker

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:24:26 AM »
i believe in stimulate not annihilate

though i do believe in days where you have go to balls out heavy bench squats and deads, its just engrained in me no matter what

but i dont believe in squatting till you puke or any of that fanatic nonsense and a lot of powerlifter ideology

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:26:05 AM »
During the last 20 years in the gym I have learned an important lesson. That there is nothing more moronic, dangerous or counterproductive than 2 hour hard workouts, going all out etc etc.

Be smart

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 03:27:45 AM »
During the last 20 years in the gym I have learned an important lesson. That there is nothing more moronic, dangerous or counterproductive than 2 hour hard workouts, going all out etc etc.

Be smart

yep and you can back you theory with you physique.  ::)
Boundary Breaker

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 03:52:33 AM »
You wont grow bigger by train harder. U might feel bigger when your muscles are sore for 3-4 days and u can barely move, but after those days, your back to normal.

Screaming and yelling dosent make u bigger either. Medium training with plenty of rest is the shit! U just grow and feel strogn in the gym every session.

Most gymguys "who know how to train" is in steorids and I dont give a fuck what they say. I know they are chickenshit without their drugs.

Training natural u need to rest and not train to heavy to not burn your self out.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 03:59:45 AM »
lol at burning yourself out

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 04:03:42 AM »
lol at burning yourself out

Try the quit the drugs your on and then start train natural! Then U will know what I mean!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 04:03:57 AM »
I saw many douchbags who says like "I am a warrior." or "Train to death" or something like that.
But, lately i talked with Paco, the real hardworkouts are only legs and back. And the training of another bodyparts are not hard at all no matter how hard we train.

We have trained our legs to the failure over 2.5hrs numerous times. Yes its hard. but I have never felt if i die or not like when i was training for swimming competition.

Yes. Diet and cutting water for a competion is very very hard. But, training? I have never felt my life risk in a weight training session like swimming training.
This post has a distinct lack of bushido.    ;D

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »
I've made good progression while feeling that I had done nothing at all.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 07:04:51 AM »

Hahaha, you should tell this to those idiots in Japan, they think they are Samurai when they squat 250kg with an arched back.  ::) ::)

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 07:06:26 AM »
Lifting weights is a joke compared to other physical activities. Go through a hard highschool track practice. Ten times harder.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 07:10:42 AM »
Lifting weights is a joke compared to other physical activities. Go through a hard highschool track practice. Ten times harder.

x10000.

LMAO at bodybuilders afraid of "overtraining".... How can you overtrain with an hour or two of activity 4-5 times a week??

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 07:12:10 AM »
I like training hard,heavy,and with little rest..............I actually like to push myself,don`t make training into pansy ass pink dumbell workouts and bosu ball squats please.

You should push hard..........why train otherwise, but should also know your body well enough to know when enough is enough.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 07:16:29 AM »
I like training hard,heavy,and with little rest..............I actually like to push myself,don`t make training into pansy ass pink dumbell workouts and bosu ball squats please.

You should push hard..........why train otherwise, but should also know your body well enough to know when enough is enough.

Intensity is good, I train very intense, but it's not about throwing around the biggest weights or thinking that you're a "warrior" or something....

A lot of guys in the gym train with very low intensity although they think they are hardcore. I am talking about 5min+ breaks between sets, too heavy weights and shitty form or low ROM, using momentum on every lift....
But if you ask them afterwards they think they have trained for 3 hours very intense.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

80% of the time was sitting on the bench talking to others though.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 07:19:45 AM »
Intensity is good, I train very intense, but it's not about throwing around the biggest weights or thinking that you're a "warrior" or something....

A lot of guys in the gym train with very low intensity although they think they are hardcore. I am talking about 5min+ breaks between sets, too heavy weights and shitty form or low ROM, using momentum on every lift....
But if you ask them afterwards they think they have trained for 3 hours very intense.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

80% of the time was sitting on the bench talking to others though.
Good post.....that`s what I`m talking about.

Two to three hour "hardcore" workouts where in actaulity,there total time working hard is about 20 minutes if that.

I

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »
Thats what i am saying to those idiots who believe that BBing is the most painful sport.
And those guys train much less harder than me or Paco. Its a joke.

When I was in Japan, I heard that Shigeru Sugita(Former Mr.Universe) was doing two arm dumbell pull overs with 50-60kg dumbellS and his mouth was full blood when he finish his set because of breaking many tiny vein in his throat. That is really crazy. So there are some exceptions.

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
  • TeaM beautiful éyés FéLLa whén he eatiNg
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 10:16:09 AM »
Bautista back

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »
born to be a bodybuilder  :-X

Brocty

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
thats not Branch
it's hard to decide who's better branch or bautista ..

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 10:33:36 AM »
That's a hardcore saying

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »
Boundary Breaker