Author Topic: No pain No gain? Gimme a break...  (Read 6002 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: No pain No gain? Gimme a break...
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »
You can't train long if you are going to train as hard as you can...

If you don't train hard, you can *train* as long as you want.

The first thing that needs to recover after your workout is not your muscles. It is your Central Nervous System. If you were already stressed, tired, hungry and still have other things on your mind; Work, relationships, financial issues, family problems, shitty food, etc, etc ~ all the training in the world isn't going to do you any good. You will just get torn down farther and farther.

One thing for sure, if your mind ain't straight, you are wasting your time in the gym.

Juice won't cure stress either...

Train intelligently. Easier said that done if you ain't too bright in the first place.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:51 AM »
It's all about how intense you train. You can make training hard by using heavy weights, few sets and low weights. You can also make it hard by using moderate weights, high sets. high reps and low rest between sets.

You can also slack off by training easy, limited range of motion and taking drugs.  I think in life and in the gym the best results come to those who work the hardest.

You can't beat your genetics but if I get  100% out of my Volkswagen Beatle body I might look better than a guy with a Camaro body who only gets 60% out of it by slacking off in the gym.   

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

We have trained our legs to the failure over 2.5hrs numerous times.

Show me where Paco trains his legs even within 5 reps shy of failure. I'm not saying he should train to failure, just that I doubt Paco goes even close to failing.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »
I saw many douchbags who says like "I am a warrior." or "Train to death" or something like that.
But, lately i talked with Paco, the real hardworkouts are only legs and back. And the training of another bodyparts are not hard at all no matter how hard we train.

We have trained our legs to the failure over 2.5hrs numerous times. Yes its hard. but I have never felt if i die or not like when i was training for swimming competition.

Yes. Diet and cutting water for a competion is very very hard. But, training? I have never felt my life risk in a weight training session like swimming training.

Maybe you guys weren't necessarily in the "trenches" as some members would say??

"1"

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
Maybe you guys weren't necessarily in the "trenches" as some members would say??

"1"

BODYBUILDING IS A BATTLEGROUD!  8)

:-\
Boundary Breaker

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »
Thats what i am saying to those idiots who believe that BBing is the most painful sport.
And those guys train much less harder than me or Paco. Its a joke.

When I was in Japan, I heard that Shigeru Sugita(Former Mr.Universe) was doing two arm dumbell pull overs with 50-60kg dumbellS and his mouth was full blood when he finish his set because of breaking many tiny vein in his throat. That is really crazy. So there are some exceptions.

Japanese are total retards when it comes to training.

I call the Japanese way of training "3 short sets to ruining your joints". Everyone in my gym throws around RIDICULOUS weight, lateral dumbell raises start with 15kg, go up to 20-25kg.... Well sure then the dumbell only moves for 2 inches and the whole body rocks around like they have pokemon syndrome, but hey, they are hardcore.... ::) ::) ::)

Let's not forget the typical Jap recreational lifter outfit: weightlifting belt ALL the time, on every exercise, lifting straps ALL the time, on every exercise, old, dirty towel wrapped around the head, and a increasing number of people with a mouthpiece....  ::) ::) ::)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 03:01:30 AM »

I call the Japanese way of training "3 short sets to ruining your joints". Everyone in my gym throws around RIDICULOUS weight, lateral dumbell raises start with 15kg, go up to 20-25kg.... Well sure then the dumbell only moves for 2 inches and the whole body rocks around like they have pokemon syndrome, but hey, they are hardcore.... ::) ::) ::)

Let's not forget the typical Jap recreational lifter outfit: weightlifting belt ALL the time, on every exercise, lifting straps ALL the time, on every exercise, old, dirty towel wrapped around the head, and a increasing number of people with a mouthpiece....  ::) ::) ::)
Hahahhaha!! Thats true. Those japs always think that more weight=more muscle(Maybe too much influence of Godo y Tashiro??). Too much importance for their strength.
and how is that outfit?I wanna know it. ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 03:39:32 AM »
Hahahhaha!! Thats true. Those japs always think that more weight=more muscle(Maybe too much influence of Godo y Tashiro??). Too much importance for their strength.
and how is that outfit?I wanna know it. ;D

I love to see Konuma waddling round the gym, the guy can't walk properly anymore, hits his ass with his fists every ten seconds, he even wears a weightlifting belt ALL the time under his clothes, that's how fucked up his lower back is from the heavy weights.

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 06:41:42 AM »
Not sure why some people 'lol at burnout or overtraining'.
I have ran myself into the ground by overdoing it, fried my adrenals so bad I needed medical attention.
I don't even feel that I was doing all that much work, it was about a quarter of what Marius Pudzianowski
was doing for strongman.
I felt fine during my training, and went about 5 weeks at that pace, then the day after flipping a tractor tire
for cardio, I woke up with a miserable feeling that didn't go away for weeks.
I had major cortisol issues and needed medication to balance things out. I was exhausted but couldn't sleep,
hungry but couldn't eat, motivated but could barely move comfortably....very shitty situation.

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 07:07:06 AM »

x10000.

LMAO at bodybuilders afraid of "overtraining".... How can you overtrain with an hour or two of activity 4-5 times a week??
U have no clue about bodybuilding...that's how...

But I tell u what...

Super hard bodybuilding workouts with squeezing the muscles hard...are the hardest for the nervous system on a long run. On the muscles too, on the joints too...yes, but now I'm doing 2.5 hour wrestling workouts in the ring...and I feel it much more harder on my body...I mean overall... But it's totally different...maybe that's why...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 07:17:53 AM »
2.5 hours training legs? Mamma mia! You both have my respect!
Not even on the juice for me. I'm a heavy duty kind of guy, can't do volume training.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 07:24:44 AM »

But I tell u what...

Super hard bodybuilding workouts with squeezing the muscles hard...are the hardest for the nervous system on a long run. On the muscles too, on the joints too...yes, but now I'm doing 2.5 hour wrestling workouts in the ring...and I feel it much more harder on my body...I mean overall... But it's totally different...maybe that's why...
Good post. BBing training is less painful than wrestling workouts. But, the damage of those nervous systems and muscle tissue are greater than other sports.

Kaoz

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 07:30:03 AM »
that talk with the nervous system is made up by pussies, if you train too much, you get inflammation in the muscle and that is how you notice if you become overtrained.

if you're a lazy bastard training with low intensity and all of a sudden start training with high volume and high intensity 5 days a week, you'll get burned, but if you increase slowly your body will adapt that includes the nervous system.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »

But I tell u what...

LOL, yeah right.

Squeezing your muscles hard is so much harder than doing weightlifting every day for hours, or training for an iron man.

You are the one who doesn't have a fucking clue about sports, the only thing you have done in your life is bodybuilding or wrestling. You maybe should try a real sport, then you would know what "overtraining" is.

Also with all the shit you are on, it's IMPOSSIBLE to overtrain.

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 08:42:35 AM »
LOL, yeah right.

Squeezing your muscles hard is so much harder than doing weightlifting every day for hours, or training for an iron man.

You are the one who doesn't have a fucking clue about sports, the only thing you have done in your life is bodybuilding or wrestling. You maybe should try a real sport, then you would know what "overtraining" is.

Ur such an expert. Then show me ur pics and bodybuilding, weightlifting, iron man trophies. Please.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »
Ur such an expert. Then show me ur pics and bodybuilding, weightlifting, iron man trophies. Please.

Why are you online? I presumed with it being Paddy's day, you'd be with the rest of the leprechaun's.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:27 AM »
I saw many douchbags who says like "I am a warrior." or "Train to death" or something like that.
But, lately i talked with Paco, the real hardworkouts are only legs and back. And the training of another bodyparts are not hard at all no matter how hard we train.

We have trained our legs to the failure over 2.5hrs numerous times. Yes its hard. but I have never felt if i die or not like when i was training for swimming competition.

Yes. Diet and cutting water for a competion is very very hard. But, training? I have never felt my life risk in a weight training session like swimming training.

your legs would still be the same size even if you trained them with half the intensity...''this whole killling yourself thing while training'' is balonie, only the risk of an injury increases

bladerunner

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »

LOOOL,it sooooo true...and dont forget when they take their spoons of creatine between sets,to make it look even more hardcore

bladerunner

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2012, 09:42:19 AM »
LOL, yeah right.

This..

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »
You can't train long if you are going to train as hard as you can...

If you don't train hard, you can *train* as long as you want.

The first thing that needs to recover after your workout is not your muscles. It is your Central Nervous System. If you were already stressed, tired, hungry and still have other things on your mind; Work, relationships, financial issues, family problems, shitty food, etc, etc ~ all the training in the world isn't going to do you any good. You will just get torn down farther and farther.

One thing for sure, if your mind ain't straight, you are wasting your time in the gym.

Juice won't cure stress either...

Train intelligently. Easier said that done if you ain't too bright in the first place.

I agree with you except for the part about CNS. CNS is not the bottleneck in regeneration, muscle tissue is. When you don't break down your muscles like olympic lifters you can train every day to the max and CNS will adapt eventually. It is highly unlikely that you can overtrain CNS by doing bodybuilding style training.

Please read articles about CNS.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »

LOL, it's really a joke, an IFBB pro acting like he knows something about being an athlete....

Steve, when I have a question about dancing in a thong oiled up in front of men, I will ask you again, until then please do me the favor and STFU.

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »

LOL, it's really a joke, an IFBB pro acting like he knows something about being an athlete....

Steve, when I have a question about dancing in a thong oiled up in front of men, I will ask you again, until then please do me the favor and STFU.

OK, I don't wanna fuck with a tough internet warrior anyways...  ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
OK, I don't wanna fuck with a tough internet warrior anyways...  ::)

No honestly, "Steve", please explain to me how a great number of athletes manage to do their sports specific training every day AND go to the gym to train with weights without dying right away...?

Oh wait, they aren't squeezing their muscles right!! Or they may be on more steroids than you are!!! That must be it.

Bodybuilding is a fucking joke compared to real sports, if anything burns down your CNS it's the tons of shit you put into yourself like Clen, ECA, painkillers, narcotics, recreational drugs and so on, but not training intensely for an hour on 2-5 grams of AAS and HGH.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »
No honestly, "Steve", please explain to me how a great number of athletes manage to do their sports specific training every day AND go to the gym to train with weights without dying right away...?

Oh wait, they aren't squeezing their muscles right!! Or they may be on more steroids than you are!!! That must be it.

Bodybuilding is a fucking joke compared to real sports, if anything burns down your CNS it's the tons of shit you put into yourself like Clen, ECA, painkillers, narcotics, recreational drugs and so on, but not training intensely for an hour on 2-5 grams of AAS and HGH.

And even with all that juice... a bodybuilder will probably end up getting his ass kicked. ;D
Gracie Rules

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 07:31:31 PM »

And even with all that juice... a bodybuilder will probably end up getting his ass kicked. ;D

True.

Bodybuilders are fucking pussies.

I'm not saying a bodybuilding training is not absolutely exhausting and very intense, but seriously "overtraining"??

Just check out any regular athlete's training regime, THAT'S sport.

The only people on the planet who are lazier than bodybuilders are soccer players.

And it's not even in a bad way, I do "bodybuilding" as well. I just do not claim that I am a world class athlete competing in the hardest sport out there, squeezing my muscles in the right way.  ::) ::) ::) ::)