Author Topic: Sleep is NOT important for bodybuilders  (Read 5598 times)

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
Sleep is NOT important for bodybuilders
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
Sleep is extremely important for bodybuilders and anyone looking to gain strength!

You do not grow in the gym.  I REPEAT!!!  YOU do NOT grow in the gym.  You grow the most when you are in a deep sleep!

As I told member E-Kul in another topic.  Your body needs rest.  Rest in 2 forms - days off to give the muscles a break and proper deep sleep.

-  Growth hormone levels are increased by a large amount when sleeping.  This has a profound effect on muscle growth and recovery.
-  Your brain needs the rest!  You need to be alert and have full functional mental capacity in the gym.  GIVE your brain a rest!
-  Your nervous system recovery is very important.  SLEEP!

The key here is DEEP sleep!  You want to sleep through.  Of course this is much harder for older people with their bladders and such having to wake up for the bathroom in the middle of the night.

The minimum?  8 HOURS!  I don't care if you say "I feel good after 5 hrs of sleep all i need man."  8 hours minimum.  This is what the body needs, not what you think it needs.

What about naps?

Naps are great.  2-3 hours.  IF you are tired, SLEEP.  DO NOT SET AN ALARM unless you have to go somewhere.  As long as the naps do NOT throw of your sleeping pattern there is no problem.  I can nap for 3 hours then go to bed later and fall a sleep for 10 hours.

Your muscles are broken down in the gym.  They are repairing later in the day, but the real growth and recovery come from sleep!  :)

hope this helps

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Sleep is NOT important for bodybuilders
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
groundbreaking news  :o

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »
Sleep is extremely important for bodybuilders and anyone looking to gain strength!

You do not grow in the gym.  I REPEAT!!!  YOU do NOT grow in the gym.  You grow the most when you are in a deep sleep!

As I told member E-Kul in another topic.  Your body needs rest.  Rest in 2 forms - days off to give the muscles a break and proper deep sleep.

-  Growth hormone levels are increased by a large amount when sleeping.  This has a profound effect on muscle growth and recovery.
-  Your brain needs the rest!  You need to be alert and have full functional mental capacity in the gym.  GIVE your brain a rest!

The key here is DEEP sleep!  You want to sleep through.  Of course this is much harder for older people with their bladders and such having to wake up for the bathroom in the middle of the night.

The minimum?  8 HOURS!  I don't care if you say "I feel good after 5 hrs of sleep all i need man."  8 hours minimum.  This is what the body needs, not what you think it needs.

What about naps?

Naps are great.  2-3 hours.  IF you are tired, SLEEP.  DO NOT SET AN ALARM unless you have to go somewhere.  As long as the naps do NOT throw of your sleeping pattern there is no problem.  I can nap for 3 hours then go to bed later and fall a sleep for 10 hours.

Your muscles are broken down in the gym.  They are repairing later in the day, but the real growth and recovery come from sleep!  :)

hope this helps
Better to develop a strong attitude, then you wont be bothered when the inevitable lack of sleep occurs! People worry so much about not getting enough sleep it makes them not get enough sleep.  Better to accept sometimes you wont get enough sleep! and just enjoy your life!
V

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 09:28:34 PM »
cool. join the real world and this protocol will not apply. age 14-18, home schooled, is about the only plausible way this could happen.

Sector

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
Try telling me that in person while im on tren. Id crack you in the jaw.

Obviously sleep is important and 8+ hours is ideal but I think 500+MG of Tren will have a stronger effect on my physique then 2-3 extra hours of sleep every night.

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
why are you telling us this? seriously, this board has been online for at least 10 years, don't you think there is enough useless, unpractical advice on sleep & anabolism ?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
ronnie coleman said he got like 5-6 hours of sleep a nite and he was training for the mr. o...if you have enough drugs in your system sleep is not as important as one might think
irongearco.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 10:22:17 PM »
Sleep
Diet
Rest
Training

None of the above matter,you don`t have to do any of those things......just up the dosage and you`ll be a pro in no time.
 ::)

csnut18

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »
Sleep
Diet
Rest
Training

None of the above matter,you don`t have to do any of those things......just up the dosage and you`ll be a pro in no time.
 ::)

No, you are looking at it wrong and misinterpreting people's words. Sure sleep, diet, training and rest are all wonderful. The point is that without upping the dosage, a person wont get anywhere. I bet the top competitors at the olympia need propofol to sleep before their competitions lol.

theheman

• Getbig III
  • Her tetas were shaped like little pointy tortillas
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 11:00:37 PM »
It's practically hard to get 8 hrs of sleep with all the responsibilites that life brings on a person.  I guess that's why when being a pursuing to be a pro bb, job takes the back seat.

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 11:12:18 PM »
another retarded thread ::)
Herpes

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 02:01:10 AM »
You grow only when your Central Nervous System has recovered.

Whether or not sleep is the only way for this to happen is just like anything else in bodybuilding: Subjective

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 02:47:25 AM »
jake = thetrainer = theprofessional = bodybuilder lex leeves = ...the gimmick list goes on....

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 04:09:42 AM »
jake = thetrainer = theprofessional = bodybuilder lex leeves = ...the gimmick list goes on....
= YAGR = TooMuchMuscle4U......... ..............  :(

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 04:20:49 AM »
this is why prison with weightyard is the best place for a natural bodybuilder

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »

What about naps?

hope this helps

Stupid post . I built a top physique, competed and won, and will continue off of 4-5 hours sleep nightly and 3-4 grams AAS weekly along w gh, 30 iu daily as of today.

Don't bullshit . It's not sleep . It's drugs. Then diet to an exteny

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »
this is why prison with weightyard is the best place for a natural bodybuilder
HA HA HA HA HA!
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »

Stupid post . I built a top physique, competed and won, and will continue off of 4-5 hours sleep nightly and 3-4 grams AAS weekly along w gh, 30 iu daily as of today.

Dude - do you really only need 4 - 5 hours sleep man, that would kill me!
What does Smoof Mean?
V

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
only drugs is important to the bodybuilder

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »

Maybe you wouldn't have needed so much drugs if you slept more you lazy tard.
Trans Milkshake.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:53 AM »

I like to sleep.... unfortunately only get about 6 hours a night during the week..... but plenty at weekends.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 10:41:43 AM »
Why do you always post stuff like youve discovered the wheel and it turns out to be of abolsute no novelty?  ???

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 10:51:12 AM »
informative vid on sleep

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 11:08:51 AM »
Very good post.

wes

• Competitors