Author Topic: Steroids & Politics - Do you care?  (Read 6669 times)

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
Re: Steroids & Politics - Do you care?
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »
i will not be voting.

i voted for ron paul in the primary but that's the extent of my political participation. i knew my vote wouldn't matter, we all knew he wasn't going to win but it was more or less just a political statement - but that's what voting is in america, isn't it? i used to think voting was a meaningless gesture, but as i've become more politically aware i've realized that the significance to voting is for the population to give consent to being oppressed by the state, and that is it's only function in our form of democracy.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
i will not be voting.

i voted for ron paul in the primary but that's the extent of my political participation. i knew my vote wouldn't matter, we all knew he wasn't going to win but it was more or less just a political statement - but that's what voting is in america, isn't it? i used to think voting was a meaningless gesture, but as i've become more politically aware i've realized that the significance to voting is for the population to give consent to being oppressed by the state, and that is it's only function in our form of democracy.

What's amazing to me is the people in this country still hold an enormous amount of power...I'd say more so than any country on earth. Granted, little by little it continues to erode but only because we allow it.

So few have the ability anymore to think outside the moment...if that were ever apparent just read nearly every post on the steroid board. In any case, we continue to give our rights away, there's no infringement on liberty in the modern age like the steroid laws of the U.S. yet they exist because the ones who could do something about it have an attitude like the one you displayed above.....scammers in the anabolic market, sure, I can't stand them, but this type of attitude makes me sick to my stomach and any man who shares it I have no respect for.

It's the attitude of a loser.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 12:08:24 AM »
what the hell are you talking about?

whitewidow

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:25 AM »
WW I hear you, yes legalization would drive the dealer out of business, and as there are a few decent human beings who sell steroids that would be a shame in that regard...of course, as you would admit yourself, the vast majority of the suppliers are worthless.

Even so, even if the few good suppliers had to find a new line of work, would not what was gained outweigh this? Legal steroids would mean high quality steroids could be purchased every single time, legality would drive the price down even more (assuming they're not taxed to death - another argument) and new steroids would hit the market. We know there are numerous anabolic compounds that have never hit the market due to the law as it stands...these are powerful and even safer steroids than we already have.

Anyway, you're right, it is hard to make a Schedule III drug an OTC item, but take away the Schedule III label and the problem is solved...that's the first step, after all there's no AAS that meets the Schedule III requirements, not even Schedule IV...classifying them as a Legend would be about as far as common sense could allow us to take it and even that's a stretch.

Yes mon_of_steele, some of these pharmacies can be a big problem. They can be very difficult but it's mostly because they're scared to death. Every last drop of any scheduled item they sell is checked thoroughly to the point of a frightful nature.

Anyway, I have to say, on one hand I'm a little surprised that no one seems to have any interest in the main topic of this thread...then again, I'm not. The lack of interest greatly proves a theory I've held to for a long time regarding the very reason AAS remain Schedule III substances.

I am totally down for legal steroids. But I just do not see it happening because they are even making weak pro-hormones schedule 3 drugs! It just gets sicker and sicker. I really wish steroid were never scheduled to begin with. I think you are right! the quality would go up and the prices would be good and you wouldn't have to be worried about what you are shooting in your body. I think it would be a perfect solution for driving out the ugl's who sell poison. there are a few decent ugl's but most are just selling poison. I wish steroids were legal in the USA. I know this isn't really answering your main question just my opinion. It just will not happen! for christ sakes they scheduled 1-AD! plus the whole victor conte scandal and operation raw deal will keep steroids illegal. I got sick of it myself that is why I did some traveling a few years ago.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »
what the hell are you talking about?

Your comment stated in short voting was only a choice to decide which type/form of oppression we'll have and by whom. I see this as one of the largest problems in the country, this attitude towards our system. Sure, it ends up that way a lot of the time but that's because we allow it...we've become lazy.

That's what I got from your post, if I misunderstood you I apologize.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »
I am totally down for legal steroids. But I just do not see it happening because they are even making weak pro-hormones schedule 3 drugs! It just gets sicker and sicker. I really wish steroid were never scheduled to begin with. I think you are right! the quality would go up and the prices would be good and you wouldn't have to be worried about what you are shooting in your body. I think it would be a perfect solution for driving out the ugl's who sell poison. there are a few decent ugl's but most are just selling poison. I wish steroids were legal in the USA. I know this isn't really answering your main question just my opinion. It just will not happen! for christ sakes they scheduled 1-AD! plus the whole victor conte scandal and operation raw deal will keep steroids illegal. I got sick of it myself that is why I did some traveling a few years ago.

I've always felt that if the general public knew the truth about steroids, not just what they do and actually are but how many athletes are and have been actually using them this would be a big step in the right direction. It was BALCO that ended up leading to some of the biggest steroid hearing of all time, and the Mitchel Report that came out of that named somewhere around 80-90 pro athletes suspected of using...80-90, are you kidding? Of course it's more like in the thousands but stating 80-90 gives false credibility to the anti-steroid cause. It implies it's a problem held by the dirty few. If people realized how important steroids were to sports, how long they've been important and that if they actually disappeared it would ruin things like the NFL their opinions on the matter would begin to shift. Of course, things like the documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster help to a degree, but only very slightly. People would need to be slowly given the information bit by bit in short news stories because their attention spans are are that of an 8yr old boy.

If people were made aware that the steroid laws of the U.S. were one of the biggest scams in this countries history, I truly believe that would be the first step towards real change. I do believe the laws can be changed and I do believe it will happen, but it's going to take time.

Another step is actual medical evidence of course, and I speak to numerous physicians through my job on the topic of hormones and I've noticed something over the last while. Most physicians who are over the age of 45, especially over the age of 50, they're immovable on the topic, the "steroids are bad" mantra has been engrained so deeply no amount of truth can penetrate regardless of the truth. This isn't all of them, but it seems to be the strong majority. Those who are younger, they tend to be a little more open to discussion, often very curious to say the least. Many of them are quickly becoming fans of using hormones to treat numerous other conditions normally left outside the hormone world and due to the success of such treatments and the lack of problems they entail this raises a lot of questions and doubts for them based on what they've been told by their elders.

Like I said, there is hope.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »
Your comment stated in short voting was only a choice to decide which type/form of oppression we'll have and by whom. I see this as one of the largest problems in the country, this attitude towards our system. Sure, it ends up that way a lot of the time but that's because we allow it...we've become lazy.

That's what I got from your post, if I misunderstood you I apologize.

i wouldn't even say that, it is just a change in pretense with no change in substance. GWB, obama or romney, does it matter? No.

none of this has anything to do with apathy or ignorance, this is the reality. if you cast a vote, then you are legitimizing a corrupt political institution. i don't support it, so i don't vote. seems logical to me and not a bi-product of apathy.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
i wouldn't even say that, it is just a change in pretense with no change in substance. GWB, obama or romney, does it matter? No.

none of this has anything to do with apathy or ignorance, this is the reality. if you cast a vote, then you are legitimizing a corrupt political institution. i don't support it, so i don't vote. seems logical to me and not a bi-product of apathy.

OK, I understand what you're saying. Even so, as it stands now we still have the ability to remedy this corrupt political institution; however, we (society as a whole) choose not too....after all, Jersey Shore and Dancing with the Stars will be on and some of us have to live high quality lives of clubbing and acting like douches to live....makes me sick!

supertrucker212

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 01:01:33 PM »
I don't care nor do I vote. Here's why; our country is run by the elite, Democrat, Republican, it really doesn't make a difference who's in office. The politicians get their pockets lined by big business while the running and even more once they get elected. I would like to see a politician that truly defends and fights for the middle class, but sadly I don't think it will. As far as steroids go, the law will not stop me. They never will become legal because of the bullshit propaganda against them. While the health-supplement industry is a billion dollar business, how many people are REALLY in the know and actually use steroids? Damn few! Those that are and do, have to keep it on the DL because of the laws. So you're fucked either way

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
OK, I understand what you're saying. Even so, as it stands now we still have the ability to remedy this corrupt political institution; however, we (society as a whole) choose not too....after all, Jersey Shore and Dancing with the Stars will be on and some of us have to live high quality lives of clubbing and acting like douches to live....makes me sick!

yes! i agree and bemoan the degeneration of society with my friends on the daily. obviously, we as men have the tools to shape our world into whatever we desire. we have the ideas, we have the strength to enact praxis, but we lack the willpower to lift a finger. we squander our potential for greatness to instead live a craven life predicated on instant self gratification and empty hedonism.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 06:21:21 PM »
I don't care nor do I vote. Here's why; our country is run by the elite, Democrat, Republican, it really doesn't make a difference who's in office. The politicians get their pockets lined by big business while the running and even more once they get elected. I would like to see a politician that truly defends and fights for the middle class, but sadly I don't think it will. As far as steroids go, the law will not stop me. They never will become legal because of the bullshit propaganda against them. While the health-supplement industry is a billion dollar business, how many people are REALLY in the know and actually use steroids? Damn few! Those that are and do, have to keep it on the DL because of the laws. So you're fucked either way

I would like to see a politician who stays out of the way of the middle class...it's not the governments job to protect us from ourselves or from business, it's our job to protect ourselves by using the functional brains God gave us. I'm not saying there shouldn't be some level of business regulation, I'm not an anarchist.

Anyway, the reason we keep electing people as you described is in two parts...part one due to what aesthetics said below, and part two, we complain about this or that, but when it comes down to it we'll say things like "we should vote in this guy because he has a better education from an Ivy league institution" or "This guy has more experience in government" or my absolute favorite "he looks more presidential" or whatever the elected office may be. We keep choosing our candidates from the same pool of people thinking somehow this time will be different.

yes! i agree and bemoan the degeneration of society with my friends on the daily. obviously, we as men have the tools to shape our world into whatever we desire. we have the ideas, we have the strength to enact praxis, but we lack the willpower to lift a finger. we squander our potential for greatness to instead live a craven life predicated on instant self gratification and empty hedonism.

Excellent post....I completely agree. It's our lethargic nature as a society that's probably the biggest problem of all. That is why the steroid laws exist and that is why our country is in the shape it's in as a whole. Well said.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »
Voted Ron Paul in the Michigan GOP primary and plan on voting for Gary Johnson (LP candidate) in the general election. Both support legalizing performance-enhancement drugs.