Author Topic: Texans trade Demeco Ryans...  (Read 3367 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Texans trade Demeco Ryans...
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
To the eagles for a 4th round pick and swap of 3rd round picks???

FUCKING REALLY!!!

I get that he was better in a 4-3 where a MLB like him can excel but WTF, he was worth a ton more than that...

I thought we would at least get a decent number 2 receiver out of it but this is like we got raped.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Texans trade Demeco Ryans...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:39:46 AM »
i'm hoping his achilles holds up for a year or 3. football trades seldom make sense, they trade all-pros for unknown draft picks.
F

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:40:52 AM »

FUCKING REALLY!!!

I get that he was better in a 4-3 where a MLB like him can excel but WTF, he was worth a ton more than that...

I thought we would at least get a decent number 2 receiver out of it but this is like we got raped.

That was mind boggling... very one sided to say the least.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

E
A
G
L
E
S
EAGLES!!!
getbig or getgot

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D

E
A
G
L
E
S
EAGLES!!!
he will certainly be the rock of your defense, he is a great leader and a solid player

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 07:49:49 AM »

FUCKING REALLY!!!

Proposed Trade...
Brian Cushing to the Steelers
For
3rd round pick

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D

E
A
G
L
E
S
EAGLES!!!
Like you need any more all-pro type players.  The Eagles need to concentrate o playing like a team first!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »
Proposed Trade...
Brian Cushing to the Steelers
For
3rd round pick
LOL your shitting me right?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »
i wish it was real

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »
i wish it was real
you guys got enough LB's, he is pretty much all we have now back off!!!

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 07:32:23 AM »
Like you need any more all-pro type players.  The Eagles need to concentrate o playing like a team first!

team chemistry isnt really an issue ( aside from asante who is def a me first type of guy- and he will be shipped off so no harm no foul)
there are tons of issues with the eagles

1. horrible drafting-maybe the worst in the NFL
2 andy reid never valued linebackers in his defense(until now)
3 turnovers - Vick was horrible last year
4 Oline- it has gotten better but we need to get celek out from max protect and use him in the offense
5 having a former Oline coach as your DC is simply moronic
6 Safety play was horrendous- we got Bowles who should help and i suspect the eagles will sign Yeremiah Bell as a safety valve ( pun intended)
getbig or getgot

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
he will certainly be the rock of your defense, he is a great leader and a solid player

are you in texas? or a texan fan

if so, what are we getting ( from the perspective of someone who has maybe watched him every sunday)
getbig or getgot

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:30 AM »
are you in texas? or a texan fan

if so, what are we getting ( from the perspective of someone who has maybe watched him every sunday)
from Texas, Houston to be specific and have been a Texans fan since David Carr was setting NFL records for the number of sacks in a season...LOL

He isnt the biggest hitter but a solid LB doesnt give up the big plays and is good against the run.

Think about Lauranitis from the rams and youll get a pretty good comparison.

He has a high football IQ and seems to understand the schemes of offenses and put himself in the right place to make plays.

He has also been one of our defensive captains for as long as I can remember. He was literally the rock of our defense so I would assume he will be something similar in philly.

He isnt the fastest player and he went out a while back with a dislocated elbow/shoulder(I cant remember) which is why he wears that arm length cast looking thing.

With all of that you guys just gave up a 4th round pick and swap of 3rd round picks.

Thats basically like us giving you money to bend us over, do us in the butt without a reach a round and then us thanking you for the experience...

I dont know what the Texans where thinking but they could have gotten a lot more for him.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 11:48:31 AM »
team chemistry isnt really an issue ( aside from asante who is def a me first type of guy- and he will be shipped off so no harm no foul)
there are tons of issues with the eagles

1. horrible drafting-maybe the worst in the NFL
2 andy reid never valued linebackers in his defense(until now)
3 turnovers - Vick was horrible last year
4 Oline- it has gotten better but we need to get celek out from max protect and use him in the offense
5 having a former Oline coach as your DC is simply moronic
6 Safety play was horrendous- we got Bowles who should help and i suspect the eagles will sign Yeremiah Bell as a safety valve ( pun intended)
jason peters torn achilles the king is back,   dunlap that is OOOOHHHH NOOOOO
F

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »
jason peters torn achilles the king is back,   dunlap that is OOOOHHHH NOOOOO

yes i am bummed about that...that is one athletic big man  ???

i hear they are bringing in karl malones kid from the bills to see what he has and if he fits Mudds system
getbig or getgot

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 01:47:36 PM »
from Texas, Houston to be specific and have been a Texans fan since David Carr was setting NFL records for the number of sacks in a season...LOL

He isnt the biggest hitter but a solid LB doesnt give up the big plays and is good against the run.

Think about Lauranitis from the rams and youll get a pretty good comparison.

He has a high football IQ and seems to understand the schemes of offenses and put himself in the right place to make plays.

He has also been one of our defensive captains for as long as I can remember. He was literally the rock of our defense so I would assume he will be something similar in philly.

He isnt the fastest player and he went out a while back with a dislocated elbow/shoulder(I cant remember) which is why he wears that arm length cast looking thing.

With all of that you guys just gave up a 4th round pick and swap of 3rd round picks.

Thats basically like us giving you money to bend us over, do us in the butt without a reach a round and then us thanking you for the experience...

I dont know what the Texans where thinking but they could have gotten a lot more for him.

the one thing the eagles are good at is screwing teams in trade...ala DRC and a 2nd round pick for that scrub kolb...ha!

what was arizona thinking....we needed a MLB in the worst way, havent had a decent one since trotter. i still think the iggles shud address the SAM, thinking maybe that burfict kid wud be a nice fit if he falls out of the 1st round
getbig or getgot

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 05:32:16 PM »
the one thing the eagles are good at is screwing teams in trade...ala DRC and a 2nd round pick for that scrub kolb...ha!

what was arizona thinking....we needed a MLB in the worst way, havent had a decent one since trotter. i still think the iggles shud address the SAM, thinking maybe that burfict kid wud be a nice fit if he falls out of the 1st round
demeco will be a good SAM for you, but I agree if you dont have alot of depth in the LB core then adding another during the draft would be nice.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
demeco will be a good SAM for you, but I agree if you dont have alot of depth in the LB core then adding another during the draft would be nice.

demeco is the MIKE..thats what we needs desperately! we needs a MLB who can anchor the D

we have options at SAM but i prefer to get someone in the draft
getbig or getgot

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 06:43:27 PM »
demeco is the MIKE..thats what we needs desperately! we needs a MLB who can anchor the D

we have options at SAM but i prefer to get someone in the draft
Im sorry yea youre right for some reason I read sam and thought middle...dont know why...

honestly though the position he played this last season was similar to a mike or will so he could probably transition if needed but would probably be best in the middle.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
Im sorry yea youre right for some reason I read sam and thought middle...dont know why...

honestly though the position he played this last season was similar to a mike or will so he could probably transition if needed but would probably be best in the middle.
thats why if i were andy reid..i wud still draft a MLB from college, play him at the SAM and let him learn from demeco. And in 4 yrs as he learns his craft. they can switch places
getbig or getgot

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »
I really dont think it was the LBS in the middle who were the cause of those big runs up the gut.
Dude, 1 tech and the 3 tech were just soft. Neither of them commanded a double team and the LBS had Guards and centers on them at the snap of the ball. Think about it. Ray is great right? but his best years came when he had great 1techs and 3 techs to protect him. There were a couple of years (before they got Ngata) were ray didnt look as effective and thats because his interior lineman werent occupying blocks. So Unless Philly gets stout up front, nothing will change. Cole and Babin are great on setting an edge and rushing the QB. But thet cant help on an ISO (like the giants like to run), quick counter trap plays. A middle cant fill with a lineman in his face.