Author Topic: Appetite suppressants  (Read 5162 times)

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
Appetite suppressants
« on: March 23, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
What meds or supplements do you use to suppress your appetite when dieting?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Appetite suppressants
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:54:33 PM »
I typically don't suggest using any sort of drug for appetite suppressing, but Modafinil does a great job and doesn't have any bad side effects in moderate doses.

50mg is enough to feel focused all day and it kills my appetite.

Modafinil is an analeptic drug invented in France in Lafon Laboratories, bought by American firm Cephalon in 2001. Modafinil has initially been developed by french neurophysiologist, emeritus experimental medicine professor Michel Jouvet. It is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder,[1][2] and excessive daytime sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea.[3] Because of the risk for development of skin or hypersensitivity reactions and neuropsychiatric disorders, the European Medicines Agency has recommended that new patient prescriptions should only be to treat sleepiness associated with narcolepsy.[4] Because serious side effects will usually, if at all, appear within the first 12 weeks the guidance did not require patients already receiving treatment to stop.[5]
Despite extensive research into the interaction of modafinil with a large number of neurotransmitter systems, a precise mechanism or set of mechanisms of action remains unclear.[6][7] It seems that modafinil, like other stimulants, increases the release of monoamines, specifically the catecholamines norepinephrine and dopamine, from the synaptic terminals. However, modafinil also elevates hypothalamic histamine levels,[8] leading some researchers to consider Modafinil a "wakefulness promoting agent" rather than a classic amphetamine-like stimulant.[9] Despite modafinil's histaminergic action, it still partially shares the actions of amphetamine-class stimulants due to its effects on norepinephrine and dopamine.
A National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) study highlighted "the need for heightened awareness for potential abuse of and dependence on modafinil in vulnerable populations" due to the drug's effect on dopamine in the brain's reward center.[10] However, the synergistic actions of modafinil on both catecholaminergic and histaminergic pathways lower abuse potential as compared to traditional stimulant drugs while maintaining the effectiveness of the drug as a wakefulness promoting agent. Studies have suggested that modafinil "has limited potential for large-scale abuse"[11] and "does not possess an addictive potential in naive individuals."[12]
Modafinil was shown to be an effective treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD);[13] however, in 2006, it was found by the FDA to be unfit for use by children for that purpose. It was rejected primarily due to two cases of serious skin rash, suspected to have been Erythema multiforme or Stevens–Johnson syndrome, among 933 subjects receiving the drug.[14][15][16][17] Cephalon's own label for Provigil now discourages its use by children for any purpose.[13] Other potentially effective, but unapproved uses include the treatment of depression,[18] bipolar depression,[19][20] opiate[21] and cocaine dependence,[22] Parkinson's disease,[23] schizophrenia,[24] and disease-related fatigue,[25][26] as well as fatigue that is the side effect of another medication.

8)

futurefreak

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 01:15:39 AM »

AndroDrive has been killing peoples appetites ---- its just an esterified form of dhea enanthate and pregnenelone enanthate.

You almost "forget" to eat....

FF

Sector

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »
AndroDrive has been killing peoples appetites ---- its just an esterified form of dhea enanthate and pregnenelone enanthate.

You almost "forget" to eat....

FF

Have you used it personally? I have at the full 6 caps, it didnt effect my appetite at all.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:40:27 AM »
I typically don't suggest using any sort of drug for appetite suppressing, but Modafinil does a great job and doesn't have any bad side effects in moderate doses.

8)

yes modafinil is amazing

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »

8)

Gonna go pick some of this stuff up today. I seem to have a high tolerance to the effects of the typical stimulants so I think I may have to start off with a higher dose. Are you sensitive to other things like ephedrine, clen and stimulants in general?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
I often recommend this for many purposes (3 gram of l-tyrosine) a good hour after a meal as it increases dopamine levels in the brain. When dopamine levels are high, hunger is decreased and example would be when or if you take amphetamine, it sky rockets dopamine up super high and cuts appetite.

But modafanil as mentioned but hard to find... Would work great, have yet to try it, but it's a common effect.
?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
Gonna go pick some of this stuff up today. I seem to have a high tolerance to the effects of the typical stimulants so I think I may have to start off with a higher dose. Are you sensitive to other things like ephedrine, clen and stimulants in general?

I am extremely sensitive to stimulants. Start at 50mg and go from there, i know guys who take 200mg.

Anything over 100mg gets me a little too amped up. It doesn't make you feel strung out or anything, it's just that i start to feel too hyped up on anything above 100mg. I don't really like walking around feeling like i'm on something so i use very small doses.

It also has a long half-life so i typically just take it once in the morning.

Good luck!

8)

Ripped190

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
I often recommend this for many purposes (3 gram of l-tyrosine) a good hour after a meal as it increases dopamine levels in the brain. When dopamine levels are high, hunger is decreased and example would be when or if you take amphetamine, it sky rockets dopamine up super high and cuts appetite.

But modafanil as mentioned but hard to find... Would work great, have yet to try it, but it's a common effect.
Sounds like a good idea gonna try this out bro

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 12:22:37 PM »
I am extremely sensitive to stimulants. Start at 50mg and go from there, i know guys who take 200mg.

Anything over 100mg gets me a little too amped up. It doesn't make you feel strung out or anything, it's just that i start to feel too hyped up on anything above 100mg. I don't really like walking around feeling like i'm on something so i use very small doses.

It also has a long half-life so i typically just take it once in the morning.

Good luck!

8)

I probably will start low and keep it there. I've been reading some online experiences where some people have felt REALLY REALLY good off higher doses. I have a history of drug abuse and not looking to get hooked... just wanna use it as a dieting aid and I know I'm capable of keeping it that way. Thanks for the input!

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »

So do you do this regularly when dieting?

with every meal?

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 12:28:05 PM »
yes modafinil is amazing

Are we talking about legit Cephalon modafinil here and not gimmick speed spiked modafinil from India?
all drugs - TPPIIP

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »
So do you do this regularly when dieting?

with every meal?

I use it every pre workout with other stuff, but not after every meal, it works when you do it twice a day. The third dose does not work. So 1-2 doses pretty much every day dieting or not, it also helps with CNS rejuvination. great supp to use, in bulk 1kg is good for 333 doses and costs under $40.

It also enhances all the other stims you take.
?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 03:19:15 PM »
I use it every pre workout with other stuff, but not after every meal, it works when you do it twice a day. The third dose does not work. So 1-2 doses pretty much every day dieting or not, it also helps with CNS rejuvination. great supp to use, in bulk 1kg is good for 333 doses and costs under $40.

It also enhances all the other stims you take.

Didn't know it was so cheap....I'm gonna try it out soon.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »
So I took 100mgs of modafinil a few hours ago and I feel more mellow than I did before. Mental clarity seems to have increased as well since I normally have a gazillion thoughts running through my head and get bored extremely quick with normal everyday tasks. I really think I may actually have adhd that has gone undiagnosed for years. Regardless, I'll only use this shit for dieting since I like my "normal" crazy demented self.  ;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »

Some good tips here bro:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=420190.0

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »
ephedrine does, you can get bronkaid at walmart if you're cheap don't take too much though, you could overheat

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 11:31:19 PM »
ephedrine does, you can get bronkaid at walmart if you're cheap don't take too much though, you could overheat

Oh Brother....yeah brokaid  will make you cook from the inside out...just like DNP maybe worse.

PROMUSCLE REJECTS....

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »
Are we talking about legit Cephalon modafinil here and not gimmick speed spiked modafinil from India?

ya legit modafinil. less sides than other stims

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
So I took 100mgs of modafinil on saturday and sunday but I did not experience any hunger suppressant effects. I bumped the dose up to 200mgs this morning and food is the last thing from my mind atm. Looks like this is the sweet spot for me and I may have to force feed myself as I've only had around 900 cals so far today.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 04:27:11 PM »
Oh Brother....yeah brokaid  will make you cook from the inside out...just like DNP maybe worse.

PROMUSCLE REJECTS....

wow ephedrine raises your body temp I HAD NO FUCKING IDEA ::)

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
Something I see a few bodybuilders do is smoke cigs to curb appetite? I do know a friend of mine who said he was going to do it for a show and then give up after. Hadn't smoked for 20 years but I saw him the other day and he was still smoking! Not sure if this one is worth the risk of getting hooked but maybe ok 2 weeks out or something just to get you over it ? What do you guys think of this ? Seeing Marcus R on his video doing it just reminded of it.

Tiny Coq

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »
Nicotine gum. Works a treat. Makes you feel sick so you're not hungry....and i would rather feel sick than have that stomach aching hunger pain!!

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »
Nicotine gum. Works a treat. Makes you feel sick so you're not hungry....and i would rather feel sick than have that stomach aching hunger pain!!

Me to not a bad idea!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
I use 1-2 camel snuss pouches at work to kill the borebom hunger.  Works well.  I don't feel like munching.