Author Topic: Peak week  (Read 12120 times)

Ripped190

• Getbig II
Peak week
« on: March 23, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »
What do you guys that compete do in your final week in regards to training, eating and drugs. I want to try some of these methods out as I am 10 weeks out from my first show. Thanks guys!

drflex

• Getbig I
Re: Peak week
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »
get the book "championship bodybuilding " by chris aceto..it'll give you all the info you need.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:19:28 PM »
i dont compete but i know this stuff based on common sense..

you shouldnt use any drugs that will make you hold water during the last two weeks. stick to tren, masteron, primo, anavar, halo, and winstrol.   no test, no deca, no npp, no dbol, no anadrol, not even euipoise. No Gh either.

when you drop the water retainign drugs, increase the cutting drugs to compensate.

keep diet the same as it has been during entire prep. make sure your contest ready a couple weeks out and coast in.

dont try doing anything funny during the last few days, just drop your water the night before the show. thats it.

Ripped190

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »
i dont compete but i know this stuff based on common sense..

you shouldnt use any drugs that will make you hold water during the last two weeks. stick to tren, masteron, primo, anavar, halo, and winstrol.   no test, no deca, no npp, no dbol, no anadrol, not even euipoise. No Gh either.

when you drop the water retainign drugs, increase the cutting drugs to compensate.

keep diet the same as it has been during entire prep. make sure your contest ready a couple weeks out and coast in.

dont try doing anything funny during the last few days, just drop your water the night before the show. thats it.

Yea ok thanks a lot man I heard anadrol for the last week is good thogh at 100mg-200 mg a week and when u say drop water do u mean diaretic use? also keeping the diet the same makes sence but would a slight carb-up 200-300 grams more then usual be good for getting full but not spilling out? Also I was gonna keep euipoise in the whole time.. I guess not now lol

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »
anadrol can make you hold some water, its god for dieting cuz itll keep you full but during that last week you really shouldnt be using any drugs that can make you hold water...  equipoise, i listed that one just to be safe, alot of guys will use it.  as for dropping water, no i do not mean to use a diuretic, i mean after 10pm the night before ths how you do not drink any fluids whatsoever untill after prejudging. and then you just sip a  very small amount to wet your mouth whenever it gets dry.  i wouldnt try to carb load or anything like that the day of the show, just keep things the same as they have been.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »
anadrol can make you hold some water, its god for dieting cuz itll keep you full but during that last week you really shouldnt be using any drugs that can make you hold water...  equipoise, i listed that one just to be safe, alot of guys will use it.  as for dropping water, no i do not mean to use a diuretic, i mean after 10pm the night before ths how you do not drink any fluids whatsoever untill after prejudging. and then you just sip a  very small amount to wet your mouth whenever it gets dry.  i wouldnt try to carb load or anything like that the day of the show, just keep things the same as they have been.

how can you give advice for something you've admitted that you've never done before?

who in their right mind would listen to you.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
What you do depends on how you are looking that week actually.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »
ive used prop or susp right upto a show with no problems at all, keeps you full if anything...

as regards training, do as much cardio as you need to, if its 30mins a day fine, if its 2hrs so be it, do anything it takes to get your self peeled as possible

eca and clen, ive never used t3...

my actual last 6 week cycle was;

100mg susp, with tren/mast/prima ( i filled rest of the barrel with with either one and alternated each day, ed shots )

50mg dbol, 50mg stromba, 50mg anavar..... 2 nolva, 2 arimidex

6iu gh (pharma)

looking back id use 1ml susp, 1ml tren and 1/2ml mast ed instead of what i was running...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 04:27:27 PM »
how can you give advice for something you've admitted that you've never done before?

who in their right mind would listen to you.
  because im a fucking genius, bitch.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »
Actually, the only time to use Anadrol during a contest diet is at the end leading up to the show...the last 2-3wks or so. During the diet, sure, it can keep you fuller but who cares? That's not accomplishing anything....fullness doesn't mean crap during this period. If you're on schedule, truly conditioned and know how to control water Anadrol water retention will not be a problem.

Test...saying you should drop all test 2wks out or so, you can't say this about someone without seeing them at that point....like local said, running some test all the way up to the show can be beneficial...it all boils down to how conditioned you are.

To the OP....there are a lot of different things you can do...where your at at the final point will determine a lot. If you're not on schedule you won't be able to do as many things, but if you're in at least nearly show ready shape you can get a little more creative.

HEAVYLIFT

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »
ive never used t3...

why ?

how many carbs and fats a day you were eating on those last few weeks ?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »
Actually, the only time to use Anadrol during a contest diet is at the end leading up to the show...the last 2-3wks or so. During the diet, sure, it can keep you fuller but who cares? That's not accomplishing anything....fullness doesn't mean crap during this period. If you're on schedule, truly conditioned and know how to control water Anadrol water retention will not be a problem.

Test...saying you should drop all test 2wks out or so, you can't say this about someone without seeing them at that point....like local said, running some test all the way up to the show can be beneficial...it all boils down to how conditioned you are.

To the OP....there are a lot of different things you can do...where your at at the final point will determine a lot. If you're not on schedule you won't be able to do as many things, but if you're in at least nearly show ready shape you can get a little more creative.

"water retention wont be a problem if you know how to control it" (in regards to test and anadrol)...  yes but you can say that about any drug. why not just use dbol the last week? that will certainly help keep you nice and full.  the point is no matter what your looking like coming in to a show you want to be as dry as possible the day of, and that means cutting out drugs that cause water retention at least a few days in advance, to be on the safe side a week or two.

chess315

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
boy is he was confused he is way more confused now lol

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 09:02:18 PM »
"water retention wont be a problem if you know how to control it" (in regards to test and anadrol)...  yes but you can say that about any drug. why not just use dbol the last week? that will certainly help keep you nice and full.  the point is no matter what your looking like coming in to a show you want to be as dry as possible the day of, and that means cutting out drugs that cause water retention at least a few days in advance, to be on the safe side a week or two.

If you're at a low body-fat, and that would mean less than 5% a little bit of Anadrol should not cause any type of problem...especially if you're using a quality diuretic and you cut all your water out somewhere between 5-7 that night before a Sat. morning prejudging.

Ripped190

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:03 AM »
ive used prop or susp right upto a show with no problems at all, keeps you full if anything...

as regards training, do as much cardio as you need to, if its 30mins a day fine, if its 2hrs so be it, do anything it takes to get your self peeled as possible

eca and clen, ive never used t3...

my actual last 6 week cycle was;

100mg susp, with tren/mast/prima ( i filled rest of the barrel with with either one and alternated each day, ed shots )

50mg dbol, 50mg stromba, 50mg anavar..... 2 nolva, 2 arimidex

6iu gh (pharma)

looking back id use 1ml susp, 1ml tren and 1/2ml mast ed instead of what i was running...

Ok how where your results better with the prob or susp? Also I thought u couldn't mix susp with tren cause susp is usually water based right?

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »

Ive seen people use long esters all the way up to the show and no diuretics and be absolutely shredded.

The reason was is that their diets were completely on the entire 3-4 months up to the show. They were ready about 4 or 5 weeks out and dry as a bone because of diet and not because they were using masteron or winstrol or whatever else people here on getbig think gets you dry.

Its 99% diet becuase ive seen diuretics fuck up more people then help em. Either your ready or your not. Plain and simple.

K.I.S.S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »
If you're at a low body-fat, and that would mean less than 5% a little bit of Anadrol should not cause any type of problem...especially if you're using a quality diuretic and you cut all your water out somewhere between 5-7 that night before a Sat. morning prejudging.
  i just think you will be dryer without it, no matter how well your controlling your diet. it might just be a small amount, but if your in shape its just a small amount of water that makes the difference between being cut up and being SHREDDED.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »
  i just think you will be dryer without it, no matter how well your controlling your diet. it might just be a small amount, but if your in shape its just a small amount of water that makes the difference between being cut up and being SHREDDED.

Well, there's only one way you can make an absolute certain determination...try both ways for yourself and watch others who do it both ways and see if there's a difference.

My point, if you're in shape, truly in shape, dropping water and using a diuretic and have a good anti-estrogen in your system, there is no way on earth Anadrol is going to make you hold any water. Besides, you won't need much for very long for this purpose making it even easier.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
there is no point in cutting out water the night before if you are using a good diuretic protocol.  In fact, if using aldactone/dyazide, they will work better if you continue drinking water.

Ripped190

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 07:57:23 AM »
Well, there's only one way you can make an absolute certain determination...try both ways for yourself and watch others who do it both ways and see if there's a difference.

My point, if you're in shape, truly in shape, dropping water and using a diuretic and have a good anti-estrogen in your system, there is no way on earth Anadrol is going to make you hold any water. Besides, you won't need much for very long for this purpose making it even easier.

Ok thanks for your advice. I plan on being 5% or lower 2 weeks out. What would u suggest for antiestrogen? 1mg of amidex a day good?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
there is no point in cutting out water the night before if you are using a good diuretic protocol.  In fact, if using aldactone/dyazide, they will work better if you continue drinking water.

its standard protocol to stop water in the evening, with or without diuretics, getting your whole days water in before the cut off point

we usualy drink a few glasses of dry red wine on the night, maybe one the next day....

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 10:33:25 AM »
did you know that those are anti-androgens ? and that they remove intracellular water as well as extra cellular ?  

i think its best to stay away from them completely. if your in shape you and you dont drink water the morning of the show you should be as dry as possible without digging into mucsle stores and becoming flat.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »
1mg of Arimidex is OK, I prefer Arimidex most of the time but in the case of the very end of a diet I prefer Letrozole. Stronger.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
did you know that those are anti-androgens ? and that they remove intracellular water as well as extra cellular ?  

i think its best to stay away from them completely. if your in shape you and you dont drink water the morning of the show you should be as dry as possible without digging into mucsle stores and becoming flat.
aldactone is a anti-androgen, dyazide is not.  EIther way, do you honestly think it makes a difference, with all the shit people are using leading up to this?  You only take aldactone for a few days before the show, so it isn't going to fuck up your androgen levels anyway.  Almost every single high level competitor in bodybuilding uses this combo.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »

its standard protocol to stop water in the evening, with or without diuretics, getting your whole days water in before the cut off point

we usualy drink a few glasses of dry red wine on the night, maybe one the next day....
I know a lot of people do it this way, but I have personally witnessed the aldactone/dyazide combo work better when the competitor continues drinking water...even the day of the show.  If you take diuretics and stop drinking water, you are going to lose intra muscular water, as well as sub-q.