Author Topic: "Ancillary" Drug Use for Those on Large Amounts of Anabolic Steroids and GH  (Read 36978 times)

BFG

• Getbig III
We have already established that it requires grams (average between 6-9g) of anabolic steroids per week in combination with 20-40iu's (average) of growth hormone weekly with insulin and various peptides to achieve IFBB pro muscular size.

While steroids in moderate to fairly large doses tend not to affect day to day activity, once you reach the threshold of what some may dub "mega-dosing," functionality on a daily basis becomes somewhat compromised.

The following is a typical high level IFBB pro's various drugs use to combat the negative side effects of the muscle building chemicals.

1. xanax/klonopin/various generic benzodiazepines - everyone in the pro circuit takes large doses of benzos numerous times a day. High doses of certain drugs like trenbolone and equipoise cause panic attacks and general anxiety. Its pretty hard to be friendly and appear well adjusted at a gigantic bodybuilding expo, people constantly touching you, asking you idiotic questions, forcing you to take photos in ridiculous poses all day long.

2. ambien/trazadone/various generic prescribed sleeping pills - it is almost impossible to fall asleep on the amount of anabolics that is required to achieve necessary muscular size to compete at the top level. Sure, GH makes you very sleepy but unfortunately it becomes very very hard to actually fall asleep without the sleeping pills.

3. GHB - Used both in combination with sleeping pills to help fall asleep and maintain a deep level of REM sleep through the night and also as a party drug as an alternative to alcohol since it does not have a direct negative impact on protein synthesis. GHB, though, is becoming a major cause of health problems in current bodybuilders because nowadays must GHB is synthesized from GBL, which is used in paint thinner.

4. Amphetamines - Taking 20-40iu's of GH everyday makes you a zombie. You will always feel like you are about to keel over and fall asleep and the smallest things require an extreme amount of effort to do because you are so tired. Amphetamines (usually prescription dextroamphetamine pills) used throughout the day, especially during expos or guest posing events, are extremely helpful. This also, unfortunately, compounds the insomnia issue which then in turn leads to larger doses of sleep inducing drugs.

5. Soma or various generic spasmolytics - Mineral imbalances induced by large doses of oral steroids, diuretics or vitamin deficiencies due to diet as well as chronic injuries often lead to intense muscle pain and cramping. Regular usage of muscle relaxant drugs usually allow painless training and functioning.

6. Opiate painkillers - Chronic pain as well as the mental side effects induced by large doses of the muscle building drugs often lead to self-medication with opiates. Nubain used to be the most popular, especially during contest prep, but most people graduate from the "bain" and move onto roxicodone/hydrocodone/etc and eventually morphine or dilaudid. I remember talking to one guy in specific who was very big on the opiates and would inject them IV numerous times throughout the day to function. He told me something to the extent of "I'm already sticking needles in my body 10 or more times per day, what does another few injections matter?"

7. Ketamine - most popular as a party drug but very big during contest prep. Do the drug dosages - and types of drugs - a lot of guys find they need a mental escape during contest prep and falling into a "k hole" often does the trick.

8. Marijuana - Most top pros do not have a job so it is not a problem to smoke marijuana prior to almost every meal for obvious reasons, appetite stimulation and mild sedation.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V

Swlabr

Very fucked up and disturbing.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Who in their right fucking mind would want to take all that shit plus gear for a fucking possible shot at a trophy.

This sport has truly shit the bed!

BFG

• Getbig III
::)

Can I help you? Are you using the rolling eyes smiley face to imply that what I am saying is not true?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
::)
No shit.........my sentiments exactly.

If these guys did all this they wouldn`t even have time to take a piss or eat one meal.............there whole day would be drug intake 24/7.

BFG

• Getbig III
No shit.........my sentiments exactly.

If these guys did all this they wouldn`t even have time to take a piss or eat one meal.............there whole day would be drug intake 24/7.

Just out of curiosity - what do you think a day in the life of Jay Cutler is like? Do you think he injects himself 3 times per week, eats chicken and rice and thats it?

Vikingman

• Getbig II
they should change the name of  bodybuilding to bodykilling
CROM!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Can I help you? Are you using the rolling eyes smiley face to imply that what I am saying is not true?

No you can not help me and yes you are totally full of shit. I've known plenty of pros thru out the years and while some do rec drugs and maybe smoke some weed you are implying that all pros take the list of drugs that you post.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Just out of curiosity - what do you think a day in the life of Jay Cutler is like? Do you think he injects himself 3 times per week, eats chicken and rice and thats it?

Of course I don`t,but I hardly believe that he`s doing most or any of the stuff contained in your post.

He might as well hit the bricks and just be a street junkie.

Some may do some of this,but I`m sure not every pro is doing anything remotely close.......if they are,they`re fucking nuts!

BFG

• Getbig III
No you can not help me and yes you are totally full of shit. I've known plenty of pros thru out the years and while some do rec drugs and maybe smoke some weed you are implying that all pros take the list of drugs that you post.

Sorry but you either:
1) Did not know them well enough
2) Are lying

BFG

• Getbig III
Of course I don`t,but I hardly believe that he`s doing most or any of the stuff contained in your post.

He might as well hit the bricks and just be a street junkie.

Some may do some of this,but I`m sure not every pro is doing anything remotely close.......if they are,they`re fucking nuts!

What do you define as a street junkie? Most pros are injecting themselves around 100 times per week when you include the insulin and GH. So do you believe that someone who sticks needles full of illegal drugs in their muscles, skinfolds and veins that many times will draw the line at steroids?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Sorry but you either:
1) Did not know them well enough
2) Are lying

Been here a long time and I have never sugar coated anything. I've been to after parties and hung out with many pros. Yeah I'm sure that Jay and all the rest get up every day and take all the shit that you list.  ::)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Been here a long time and I have never sugar coated anything. I've been to after parties and hung out with many pros. Yeah I'm sure that Jay and all the rest get up every day and take all the shit that you list.  ::)

are you aware gh15 is making out that you are his bitch
T

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
So what would the the point of taking ampthetamines and benzos?  You would be right back where you started.

BFG

• Getbig III

Thank you for your input, while I don't think you are coming from a place of knowledge I realize that we may just agree to disagree.

undertaker90

• Getbig II
I know plenty guys i thougt where my friends they said they didnt do other things than steroids now 3 are dead from narcotics...

biff

• Getbig IV
lol next thing your gonna try and tell us that besides steroids and gh, baseball players have used amphetimines and cocaine (for a century) to help with the daily grind, alcohol and weed to calm down after, and ritalin to help focus when at bat

yeah right

Kulutues

• Getbig III
stfu who r u you dont know shit

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Thank you for your input, while I don't think you are coming from a place of knowledge
This guy does contest prep for pro bodybuilders.

I usually enjoy your posts and almost always agree with your info,but this I can`t fathom most pros  doing.

Not an insult to you,and maybe I just don`t want to believe it,but I do find it ridiculous to say most pros do this, to say the very least.

Swlabr

I don't find it that hard to believe. I'm on a gram/week ("baby doses"  ;)) and I find that while I can deal with the side effects, I wouldn't be able to without other chemical help if the sides got worse.

Still very fucking disturbing, though.

Arthur Nus

• Getbig II

how about that sugar water you tried to sell honest, hardworking getbiggers ?

we haven't forgotten jim

biff

• Getbig IV
This guy does contest prep for pro bodybuilders.

I usually enjoy your posts and almost always agree with your info,but this I can`t fathom most pros  doing.

Not an insult to you,and maybe I just don`t want to believe it,but I do find it ridiculous to say most pros do this, to say the very least.

wes i dont know what goes on behind closed doors.  but people who are on the 'inside' of a situation always want to downplay this sort of thing. does hany rambod talk about the cycles he has his pro's on? no its his sillyfst-7 training. MLB, as i mentioned, tried to say it was just a handful of 'steroid cheats'. real testing starts guys are getting popped all the time, including a list of several hundred who had failed but since it was before they had a steroid policy, no punishment was given (a-rod was on the list). the NFL would have you think this world of musclebound freaks and giants are all natural. lol @ the olympics.  pro wrestling. hollywood would have you think the only guy doing coke is charlie sheen.

i know you are older, and maybe see things through a filter of how things used to be - or perhaps what used to not be talked about. my father is the same.  i however dont put anything past anyone.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Interesting. I always assumed most would need to be on a benzo at the very least because of the overactivation from all of the drugs. I was overactivated and had insomnia even on my first 500 mg testosterone cycle lol, luckily can't imagine what's it's like to be on pro-doses  :-X

How much are they spending each month on these aids alone?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
How the fuck would you know exactly what pros do?  ::) Exactly, you wouldn't. So you're full of shit. Go fuck yourself.