Author Topic: "Ancillary" Drug Use for Those on Large Amounts of Anabolic Steroids and GH  (Read 37257 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
BFG, do you have any relation to "Gavin Kane"?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
wes i dont know what goes on behind closed doors.  but people who are on the 'inside' of a situation always want to downplay this sort of thing. does hany rambod talk about the cycles he has his pro's on? no its his sillyfst-7 training. MLB, as i mentioned, tried to say it was just a handful of 'steroid cheats'. real testing starts guys are getting popped all the time, including a list of several hundred who had failed but since it was before they had a steroid policy, no punishment was given (a-rod was on the list). the NFL would have you think this world of musclebound freaks and giants are all natural. lol @ the olympics.  pro wrestling. hollywood would have you think the only guy doing coke is charlie sheen.

i know you are older, and maybe see things through a filter of how things used to be - or perhaps what used to not be talked about. my father is the same.  i however dont put anything past anyone.
I totally agree with you trust me,but to paint all pro bodybuilders with the same brush.......sorry,I`m not naive`,been in this game too long, but I don`t believe they ALL do this, or even a large percentage of them.

Can you picture a guy like Dave Henry who is in the military and has an elite level build doing any of this shit?

hematocritter

• Getbig III
I know gymrats that do all this, except for the GHB and ketamine.
Bigtime opiates users, a little coke to keep going while loaded on all the AAS, sleeping pills, benzos like crazy, muscle relaxers, lyrica, weed, adderall.... and on and on.
Some guys just really get into the drug thing. I know steroids are a gateway for some people, once you inject things (even if it is just AAS), it doesn't seem all that weird
to pop a pill here and there, which is what most of this stuff is anyway.

Agent69

• Getbig III
6-9 gr A WK --YOUR A FUCKEN IDIOT-- ::)

ALL THIS SHIT YOU TALK IS A FUCKEN JOKE.....

The way you generalize that ALL PROS DO ALL OF THIS!!! SOME IS TRUE ...BUT ALL...LMFAO

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I think it's the other way around, druggies take up bodybuilding to replace past drug use or add other drug addictions to their CV's. A lot or most of the AS-using bodybuilders have used recreational drugs long before they decided to stick needles in their bodies. At 15 I had no problem taking MDMA or smoking weed, but I sure as hell wouldn't have stuck needles in my ass then. After a while of recreational drug usage the needle thing becomes acceptable.

Not the case for all but for a lot of us here, let's be honest   :D

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
I think it's the other way around, druggies take up bodybuilding to replace past drug use or add other drug addictions to their CV's. A lot or most of the AS-using bodybuilders have used recreational drugs long before they decided to stick needles in their bodies. At 15 I had no problem taking MDMA or smoking weed, but I sure as hell wouldn't have stuck needles in my ass then. After a while of recreational drug usage the needle thing becomes acceptable.

Not the case for all but for a lot of us here, let's be honest   :D

Good point.

Drugs I've experimented with before I ever considered AAS: weed, acid, 2cp, salvia, DMT, heroin, oxycodone, codeine, shrooms, amphetamine (adderall), tobacco and alcohol of course, and a few others I can't remember at the moment (lol).

BTW, I've never been addicted to anything and drugs have not negatively affected my life. So don't fall for the government's drug war bullshit propaganda.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Good point.

Drugs I've experimented with before I ever considered AAS: weed, acid, 2cp, salvia, DMT, heroin, oxycodone, codeine, shrooms, amphetamine (adderall), tobacco and alcohol of course, and a few others I can't remember at the moment (lol).

BTW, I've never been addicted to anything and drugs have not negatively affected my life. So don't fall for the government's drug war bullshit propaganda.
You got lucky!

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
You got lucky!

No. Most of those substances are not very addicting. Those who get addicted are the ones who want to be addicted. Addiction is primarily psychological, not physical.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I didn't get the impression BFG was indicating that every pro does this everyday, I think he was saying this is what most top pros do and at any givan time they are doing more then half of the list at least, the way I see it is, it can't be done without this, of course, everyone is different but we are talking the top of the food chain, 7 billion people on earth, the top 100 must do outrageous amount of everything, we all know that a hardcore bodybuilder has no limits, look at Whitewidow thread 240mg oxy, that's insane. I know at lot of bodybuilder and they don't consider themselves drug addict cause for them there is a cause, not hard to believe for me.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
BFG, do you have any relation to "Gavin Kane"?

Hah, haven't heard that name in quite some time...

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
Good point.

hi aaron singerman.
Boundary Breaker

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No. Most of those substances are not very addicting. Those who get addicted are the ones who want to be addicted. Addiction is primarily psychological, not physical.
How many bags of dope did you shoot a day if you don`t mind answering?

How much booze did you drink per day and for how long and how often.

How much codeine use?

Dude,all of these things are physically addictive.....ever see anyone during widthdrawl.........it ain`t a mental thing trust me.

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
This is a sport full of drug addicts, do you think they care about taking these drugs? Even if it hhas no effect they are mentally fucked up the placebo effect of taking another drug makes them ffeel better. For those of you who don't believe this..
I know 16 year old honors students taking a fucking medicine cabinet full of drugs to help them wake up, focus during school deal with the stress of homework and constant running and then ffinally fall asleep at night. These are just barely teenagers taking these kind of drugs for school now relate that to bodybuilders that have the mentality that the more drugs uyouu take the better you are.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I know body builders who take most of this. ghb ket and valiums usually with various amphetimines

Zé galinha

• Getbig II
  • gh 15 . o r g
well, this is very interesting thread ... to say at least
 the obscure dark side of bb

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This is a sport full of drug addicts, do you think they care about taking these drugs? Even if it hhas no effect they are mentally fucked up the placebo effect of taking another drug makes them ffeel better. For those of you who don't believe this..
I know 16 year old honors students taking a fucking medicine cabinet full of drugs to help them wake up, focus during school deal with the stress of homework and constant running and then ffinally fall asleep at night. These are just barely teenagers taking these kind of drugs for school now relate that to bodybuilders that have the mentality that the more drugs uyouu take the better you are.
Maybe you guys are right,if so,these people who are doing these things are fucked up beyond all repair.......gonna` have a hell of a time adjusting to life once they retire, if they make it that long.

A plastic trophy and a contract not worth a lifetime of drug abuse which will surely catch up to you after a while........it always does.

io856

this is 100% true

oliveiraugo

• Getbig II
  • Team South Americana
hey BFG

how they control acne?

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
With the dosages of AAS and GH pro's are on, a lot of those "ancillaries" are pretty fucking necessary imo.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
We have already established that it requires grams (average between 6-9g) of anabolic steroids per week in combination with 20-40iu's (average) of growth hormone weekly with insulin and various peptides to achieve IFBB pro muscular size.

While steroids in moderate to fairly large doses tend not to affect day to day activity, once you reach the threshold of what some may dub "mega-dosing," functionality on a daily basis becomes somewhat compromised.

The following is a typical high level IFBB pro's various drugs use to combat the negative side effects of the muscle building chemicals.

1. xanax/klonopin/various generic benzodiazepines - everyone in the pro circuit takes large doses of benzos numerous times a day. High doses of certain drugs like trenbolone and equipoise cause panic attacks and general anxiety. Its pretty hard to be friendly and appear well adjusted at a gigantic bodybuilding expo, people constantly touching you, asking you idiotic questions, forcing you to take photos in ridiculous poses all day long.

2. ambien/trazadone/various generic prescribed sleeping pills - it is almost impossible to fall asleep on the amount of anabolics that is required to achieve necessary muscular size to compete at the top level. Sure, GH makes you very sleepy but unfortunately it becomes very very hard to actually fall asleep without the sleeping pills.

3. GHB - Used both in combination with sleeping pills to help fall asleep and maintain a deep level of REM sleep through the night and also as a party drug as an alternative to alcohol since it does not have a direct negative impact on protein synthesis. GHB, though, is becoming a major cause of health problems in current bodybuilders because nowadays must GHB is synthesized from GBL, which is used in paint thinner.

4. Amphetamines - Taking 20-40iu's of GH everyday makes you a zombie. You will always feel like you are about to keel over and fall asleep and the smallest things require an extreme amount of effort to do because you are so tired. Amphetamines (usually prescription dextroamphetamine pills) used throughout the day, especially during expos or guest posing events, are extremely helpful. This also, unfortunately, compounds the insomnia issue which then in turn leads to larger doses of sleep inducing drugs.

5. Soma or various generic spasmolytics - Mineral imbalances induced by large doses of oral steroids, diuretics or vitamin deficiencies due to diet as well as chronic injuries often lead to intense muscle pain and cramping. Regular usage of muscle relaxant drugs usually allow painless training and functioning.

6. Opiate painkillers - Chronic pain as well as the mental side effects induced by large doses of the muscle building drugs often lead to self-medication with opiates. Nubain used to be the most popular, especially during contest prep, but most people graduate from the "bain" and move onto roxicodone/hydrocodone/etc and eventually morphine or dilaudid. I remember talking to one guy in specific who was very big on the opiates and would inject them IV numerous times throughout the day to function. He told me something to the extent of "I'm already sticking needles in my body 10 or more times per day, what does another few injections matter?"

7. Ketamine - most popular as a party drug but very big during contest prep. Do the drug dosages - and types of drugs - a lot of guys find they need a mental escape during contest prep and falling into a "k hole" often does the trick.

8. Marijuana - Most top pros do not have a job so it is not a problem to smoke marijuana prior to almost every meal for obvious reasons, appetite stimulation and mild sedation.

completely false here!!
ghb makes one sleep yes... but! you do not fall into rem sleep anymore... that is why long term ghb/gbl users have panic attacks.... not because of the drug itself... but because of sleep deprivation...!!
and gbl is used as a industrial cleaner.... paint removal, aluminium cleaner.... ect ect... not used in paint thinner per se....
and you can just as well take the gbl, as it will be formed into ghb in your body....
i had my problems with ghb..... we had liters of the stuff in our fridge.... lol!
no pro i knew or know took that stuff! years ago they took it yes... but nowadays it's pretty commonly known that you need to get as far away from that stuff as possible....

and also ketamine???? you are serious??? have you ever taken stuff like that yourself????
ketamine does NOT give you a nice high at all.... very weird high.....low doses make one dreamy and you can not funtion at all....when dosed high you will not even be aware of your surroundings....  you will hallucinate and that can be quite a scary experience... ones a friend of mine used ketamine... i gave him a sandwich as he was hungry.... he took a bite and freaked out! panicked!! my teeth , my teeth!!! i said what is wrong with your teeth.. he said they all have broken off man, this sandwich is hard like concrete!! look my teeth have all broken off! he was deadserious .....

pro's use uppers and downers ..... period....uppers to function during the day.... downers to relax and sleep.... and to handle anxiety...
and some use opiates.... not all of them....
weed yes... especially the black dudes lol!
Be Happy,
Optimus

b-boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
What do you define as a street junkie? Most pros are injecting themselves around 100 times per week when you include the insulin and GH. So do you believe that someone who sticks needles full of illegal drugs in their muscles, skinfolds and veins that many times will draw the line at steroids?
EXCELLENT POST!!!! 
team b-boy

apply85

• Getbig IV
ketamine as a party drug lol, this is what u get when u r a faker, when u try to experience the world through the internet but dont know anything urself

take ketamine

go to a party

u wont get past ur door

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?

i wouldnt have a hard time believing that what the OP is saying is for the most part accurate- ie- these are probably abuses in the industry as a whole and not relegated to every pro bodybuilder- you cant, and it is not fair to, paint everyone with the same brush.

all of it i can see, except for the k. and if anyone is taking k it is out of personal preference to that drug and not for any bbing related reason. been there/ done that.

even the g i get as i know guys who train seriously and use liberal amounts of the stuff, in part because it may play a small role in the release of gh, help battle anxiety and the lack of sleep you often experience on big tren runs and the like, but again i think ghb usage is more because of that persons enjoyment of the compound rather than for the function it performs as a bbing tool.

like i said i dont think this applies to everyone as a standard, but i see how the possibility for abuse would exist for each compound, except for the k like i mentioned.

b

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
ketamine as a party drug lol, this is what u get when u r a faker, when u try to experience the world through the internet but dont know anything urself

take ketamine

go to a party

u wont get past ur door

dude, are you kidding me? k is a big time party drug in the electronic music scene. BIG TIME.
b

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
dude, are you kidding me? k is a big time party drug in the electronic music scene. BIG TIME.

x 100, my younger brother is a raver and him and his crowd eat the stuff up every weekend, absolutly huge use all over europe