Author Topic: BEST SHAVING GEL & RAZOR  (Read 10540 times)

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
Re: BEST SHAVING GEL & RAZOR
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 04:08:35 PM »
roughly you saved 50% of what you used to spend. easy math there. If you have never used a double edge razor before let the weight of the razor do the work you don't have to press to your skin like the cartridge razors. Get a good shaving brush as well, you can start with a synthetic if you don't want to break in a badger brush, they stink at first but the smell washes out after time and they're the best. good luck..

I HAVE A BADGER BRUSH. MY DAD GOT IT FOR ME IN SOME KIT HE GOT ME FOR BDAY WITH A 2 COLOGNES & AFTER SHAVE.

CAN I SHAVE IN THE SHOWER STILL WITH THIS STUFF?
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 04:15:26 PM »
I HAVE A BADGER BRUSH. MY DAD GOT IT FOR ME IN SOME KIT HE GOT ME FOR BDAY WITH A 2 COLOGNES & AFTER SHAVE.

Yeah, shaving in the shower is actually good cause the steam opens up pores and helps with a smoother shave. Dab a little shaving cream/soap (good stuff) on your wet face and work the lather with a brush directly on the face. Shave and finish showering then put after shave on.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 04:15:44 PM »
looks like you're good to go then and as for shaving with it in the shower, you sure can.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 04:16:57 PM »

No. Take care of your brush

this forum will be of benefit to you

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forum.php?s=ee51e22348bf289bc91d3fb986562510

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
if you're shaving for the first time with a safety razor, then you might wanna watch a few vids on youtube for some tips on how to shave correctly. its different than your usual disposable shave so you have to learn new and better technique

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »

He has plenty of other good videos as well

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »
Yeah, shaving in the shower is actually good cause the steam opens up pores and helps with a smoother shave. Dab a little shaving cream/soap (good stuff) on your wet face and work the lather with a brush directly on the face. Shave and finish showering then put after shave on.

WORD.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2012, 04:30:07 PM »
I was going to post a few vids as well but didn't want to come across as metro hahah! but since everyone else did this guy is pretty good with the tutorials.

I'm also getting into using a straight razor for my mustache. Currently I use the type you have to insert a half razor blade in.

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:36 PM »
I was going to post a few vids as well but didn't want to come across as metro hahah! but since everyone else did this guy is pretty good with the tutorials.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I'm also getting into using a straight razor for my mustache. Currently I use the type you have to insert a half razor blade in.

here is the video you tried to post

Was considering a straight razor too. No clue on how to learn it without slicing my throat.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »
here is the video you tried to post

Was considering a straight razor too. No clue on how to learn it without slicing my throat.

thanks man fixed it. check out this samurai sword haha!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2012, 04:43:33 PM »
thanks man fixed it. check out this samurai sword haha!

Are you black BIG DUB? I thought black dudes couldn't shave with a straight razor case of ingrown hairs? ???
A

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »
That looks awesome I would love to try that. I have the type of beard where it's really hard for me to shave with a regular razor. I get terrible bumps and ingrowns. Especially on my neck. I usually use a beard trimmer and just trim it down. It's such a pain in the ass though. It always comes out kind of uneven to. I might have to look into this.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
Are you black BIG DUB? I thought black dudes couldn't shave with a straight razor case of ingrown hairs? ???

never had a problem with it to be honest. Hair on my head is thick and curly, hair on my mustache is the same. now hair on my beard..steel fuking wool, and it grows so fast you can feel it coming out of your face..I used to do the clipper thing but it never got close enough, then the bic style razors tore my face up bad. Finally i found wet shaving and never looked back. Skin is perfect on my face, not one ingrown hair or razor burn.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2012, 08:19:30 PM »
Does a DE razor like this one, http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merkur-34C-Heavy-Duty-Safety-Razor_p_31.html , give a closer shave than the standard 3-5 blade mach 3?  I hate shaving and if I could shave every 3 days instead of EOD that would be awesome.
I dont like twinks.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »
actually black guys should only use straight or double edge razor. Pair it with a good razor bump product like skin tight or tend skin and your face will be razor bump free and smooth as a babys ass.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »
actually black guys should only use straight or double edge razor. Pair it with a good razor bump product like skin tight or tend skin and your face will be razor bump free and smooth as a babys ass.
Oh. Didn't know that. So the black guys I see (no homo) with bumps and shit are because they are using the wrong shaving method?
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Does a DE razor like this one, http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merkur-34C-Heavy-Duty-Safety-Razor_p_31.html , give a closer shave than the standard 3-5 blade mach 3?  I hate shaving and if I could shave every 3 days instead of EOD that would be awesome.
Wait. You shave every other day? That sucks, I have to shave every fucking day.
A

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
Oh. Didn't know that. So the black guys I see (no homo) with bumps and shit are because they are using the wrong shaving method?

possibly, just depends on what your skin is like. I use the 3 pass method. with, across and against the grain with no problems. I couldn't do that with the disposable type razors.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2012, 09:12:34 PM »
My stack plus some vintage razors I picked up. I like feather blades the best

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
big ladys and 1$ can of fillete ni big can and use short strokes and run razer under tap works great for balls too

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2012, 09:22:28 PM »
My stack plus some vintage razors I picked up. I like feather blades the best

feathers are the best blades but expensive. the astras in my opinion are the best bang for the buck second to feathers.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »
feathers are the best blades but expensive. the astras in my opinion are the best bang for the buck second to feathers.
Ordered that brush you linked too. Hope it is worth it.
A

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

it's all relative. 50 blades for $22 is more expensive than Astras but still cheap overall. Compare that to cartridge blades

http://www.amazon.com/Feather-Hi-Stainless-Platimum-Double-Blades/dp/B0022R947O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332736284&sr=8-3

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
Ordered that brush you linked too. Hope it is worth it.

Remember that you have to wash it a few times with shampoo and conditioner to get the badger smell out of it. If not and you just go and use it, your face will smell like a wet animal no matter how many times you wash your face with soap. After you break it in your'e good to go..

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »
Remember that you have to wash it a few times with shampoo and conditioner to get the badger smell out of it. If not and you just go and use it, your face will smell like a wet animal no matter how many times you wash your face with soap. After you break it in your'e good to go..

LOL!

a lot of good interesting info in this thread. im switching over tomorrow and am going to give it a try..

b