Author Topic: Kony 2012 + Trayvon Martin Shooting + Rutgers Gay Suicide  (Read 5379 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Kony 2012 + Trayvon Martin Shooting + Rutgers Gay Suicide
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
The msm isn't Lib? 

FOX plays up this race bullshit as much as MSNBC does, you know that.  Hannity can't stop replaying that tape asking if the dude used a racial slur.

RATINGS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Look, bottom line: Wanna-be cop ignored real police order to stay in his truck.  Chased some kid to be a hero.  Caused a conflict where he felt the need to shoot a kid.  PERIOD.

If it was a white kid in a hoodie, would have ended the same.  If it was a black guy in the truck, would have been the same.  Asshole wanna-be chased a kid, led to fight and shooting.  PERIOD

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »
FOX plays up this race bullshit as much as MSNBC does, you know that.  Hannity can't stop replaying that tape asking if the dude used a racial slur.

Look, bottom line: Wanna-be cop ignored real police order to stay in his truck.  Chased some kid to be a hero.  Caused a conflict where he felt the need to shoot a kid.  PERIOD.

If it was a white kid in a hoodie, would have ended the same.  If it was a black guy in the truck, would have been the same.  Asshole wanna-be chased a kid, led to fight and shooting.  PERIOD

isn't it obvious that The Hannity is part of the secret media conspiracy to help re-elect Obama?

you just gotta connect the dots

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 09:16:58 AM »
the media does that kind of thing all the time and since there has yet to be an investigation you can assume they've made a mistake about anything

I'm honestly amazed that you believe the "media" is fomenting these stories as a way to help Obama

The more I think about that premise the more I'm amazed you actually believe it

Not fomenting. You don't seem to understand. Allow me to explain by way of analogy:

Take NPR as an example. Everyone knows that they have a strong left bias. But nobody there is actively pushing a left-wing bias. So what went wrong? Simple: Everyone at NPR is a leftist and they have leftist friends. So they all live in their own little leftist bubbles without exposure to alternative ways of viewing the world. Of course, NPR being the way it is, it only attracts leftists to work for it, because who would want to be a conservative (or libertarian) working for NPR? So the news stories put forth by NPR have all been filtered thoroughly through the collective perspectives of journalists with strong internal left-wing biases. It is not intentional, but it is there.

The same holds true for many other news organizations. MSNBC is an obvious example, though I'm not sure if their bias is unintentional or not. But most of these other prominent news organizations, like CNN, CBS, ABC, Newsweek, TIME, US News and World Report, the New York Times, etc. all have this kind of unintentional left-wing bias. I do believe that most of the journalists and editors in these organizations do not want to be biased; they want to hold true to their journalistic integrity. But that is impossible to do when everyone around you thinks a certain way and practically everyone you work with thinks in that same way.

This is all exacerbated by the fact that leftists generally do not understand how conservatives and libertarians view the world.

So to take this back to, say, the Trayvon Martin shooting: they hear about a black kid getting shot by a "white" (actually half-Hispanic) dude and what do they think? Racism and guns. So that's what they report, since they interact with no one in their close circle of friends and co-workers who views the world through a different lense. Throw in a little bit of yellow journalism for good measure (e.g. showing pics of Trayvon Martin as a middle schooler, not as a 6'3" 17 year old) to top it off and you have a clear-cut case of left-wing bias.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 09:20:32 AM »
BTW, the Kony 2012 debacle is a clear-cut case of yellow journalism. I don't even give that story the benefit of the doubt; anyone who performs an even cursory investigation of the facts finds that Kony 2012 is full of misrepresentations.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »
John Stossel talks about media bias here:

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 09:26:53 AM »
Not fomenting. You don't seem to understand. Allow me to explain by way of analogy:

Take NPR as an example. Everyone knows that they have a strong left bias. But nobody there is actively pushing a left-wing bias. So what went wrong? Simple: Everyone at NPR is a leftist and they have leftist friends. So they all live in their own little leftist bubbles without exposure to alternative ways of viewing the world. Of course, NPR being the way it is, it only attracts leftists to work for it, because who would want to be a conservative (or libertarian) working for NPR? So the news stories put forth by NPR have all been filtered thoroughly through the collective perspectives of journalists with strong internal left-wing biases. It is not intentional, but it is there.

The same holds true for many other news organizations. MSNBC is an obvious example, though I'm not sure if their bias is unintentional or not. But most of these other prominent news organizations, like CNN, CBS, ABC, Newsweek, TIME, US News and World Report, the New York Times, etc. all have this kind of unintentional left-wing bias. I do believe that most of the journalists and editors in these organizations do not want to be biased; they want to hold true to their journalistic integrity. But that is impossible to do when everyone around you thinks a certain way and practically everyone you work with thinks in that same way.

This is all exacerbated by the fact that leftists generally do not understand how conservatives and libertarians view the world.

So to take this back to, say, the Trayvon Martin shooting: they hear about a black kid getting shot by a "white" (actually half-Hispanic) dude and what do they think? Racism and guns. So that's what they report, since they interact with no one in their close circle of friends and co-workers who views the world through a different lense. Throw in a little bit of yellow journalism for good measure (e.g. showing pics of Trayvon Martin as a middle schooler, not as a 6'3" 17 year old) to top it off and you have a clear-cut case of left-wing bias.

I think you might have a shred of a case if these stories were only promoted by NPR or MSNBC but ignored by the rest of the media

the fact is that these stories grew organically the same way that all stories like these do and the media, by virtue of being "the media" always helps stories get bigger when they report on them.   

In my opinion there are no dots to be connected and no media collusion (little or big) to promote these stories in an attempt to help Obama but I do find your belief that there are "dots" to be interesting.   It tells me more about you than anything else

btw - I know the right likes to shit on NPR (not saying you're "the right" or doing that) but to the best of my knowledge the only show that uses airtime to remember the dead soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan is the News Hour on NPR.    I wish the right would remember that once in awhile

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 09:28:04 AM »
BTW, the Kony 2012 debacle is a clear-cut case of yellow journalism. I don't even give that story the benefit of the doubt; anyone who performs an even cursory investigation of the facts finds that Kony 2012 is full of misrepresentations.

Bingo that was more hyped of emotionalism to support Obama increasing intervention over there. 

Leftists are typically those who fall for the Sally Struthers' type emotionalism.   

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »
I think you might have a shred of a case if these stories were only promoted by NPR or MSNBC but ignored by the rest of the media

Stossel and and Bernie Goldberg were both members of the "rest of the media" and both suffered from MSM bias:

the fact is that these stories grew organically the same way that all stories like these do and the media, by virtue of being "the media" always helps stories get bigger when they report on them. 

That's my point. These stories grow organically by virtue of the fact that practically everyone in the MSM has an internal leftist bias.  

In my opinion there are no dots to be connected and no media collusion (little or big) to promote these stories in an attempt to help Obama

I'm not calling media collusion, but media bias. Learn the difference.

but I do find your belief that there are "dots" to be interesting.   It tells me more about you than anything else

As I said - dots exposing media bias, not a giant conspiracy.

Your post is actually a perfect example of leftists being trapped in their little bubbles and simply not having a clue regarding how the other side thinks. I call out the MSM on bias, and you immediately think that I'm concocting some grand CT on the scale of "Loose Change" and other bullshit CTs. That is your innate prejudice; to you, anyone who does not agree with the normal left-liberal view of the world is simply irrational and will resort to absurdities in order to justify their beliefs.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 09:48:37 AM »

Well Heinrich, I'm glad you have all the facts and have convicted this guy based on the media reports.

Hopefully, your comeuppance will be equally just.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
Stossel and and Bernie Goldberg were both members of the "rest of the media" and both suffered from MSM bias:
That's my point. These stories grow organically by virtue of the fact that practically everyone in the MSM has an internal leftist bias.  
I'm not calling media collusion, but media bias. Learn the difference.

stories grow organically as they are hit the MSM because they all jump in and try to get some juice of the story and get eyeballs to their site or show

It's all about viewership and money.....period

the organic growth of a story has nothing to do with left wing bias....it's just how the media works

it the idea that you think their are "dots" between these three totally unrelated and legitimate stories that I find interesting

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
stories grow organically as they are hit the MSM because they all jump in and try to get some juice of the story and get eyeballs to their site or show

It's all about viewership and money.....period

the organic growth of a story has nothing to do with left wing bias....it's just how the media works

So John Stossel, Bernie Goldberg, and Juan Williams are all liars?

it the idea that you think their are "dots" between these three totally unrelated and legitimate stories that I find interesting

Yes, dots exposing media bias. But as usual, you seem to be getting ahead of yourself here and trying to foist some kind of massive media conspiracy theory on me because of your own bias against anyone who isn't a typical left-liberal.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »

Well Heinrich, I'm glad you have all the facts and have convicted this guy based on the media reports.

Hopefully, your comeuppance will be equally just.
Lol, thats the 1st thing that went through my head as well.
240 has about a 1/4 of the facts, and has already built a scenario and convicted the guy.
Lol.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »
So John Stossel, Bernie Goldberg, and Juan Williams are all liars?
Yes, dots exposing media bias. But as usual, you seem to be getting ahead of yourself here and trying to foist some kind of massive media conspiracy theory on me because of your own bias against anyone who isn't a typical left-liberal.

no, I'm sure they are expressing their honest belief about what they experienced as filtered through their own political bias

that doesn't make it true

It also doesn't prove that these three stories were promoted by MSM to help Obama (which is I think the premise of your thread)

these events happened and were reported on and, as always, every media outlet is trying to find ways every day to get people to watch their site or show

These three stories are exactly the kind of stuff that the American media consumer gobbles up on a daily basis and the only dots to connect are advertising dollars to the various media bank accounts

With the Rutgers case and the shootintg in Florida you had public vigils with thousands of people and it would be absurd not to expet the media to cover it

THe Kony thing was a viral video that eventually the media couldn't ignore and really that thing was a sorty for a few days or a week and that was it

I see no dots and no conspricy and not even any bias

clearly you see things differently

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »
Lol, thats the 1st thing that went through my head as well.
240 has about a 1/4 of the facts, and has already built a scenario and convicted the guy.
Lol.

240's specialty, like all leftists, is the ability to turn opinion into fact while at the same time ignoring the actual facts. His type have perfected the art form.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »
240's specialty, like all leftists, is the ability to turn opinion into fact while at the same time ignoring the actual facts. His type have perfected the art form.

the right does this all the time

you, on the other hand, turn stuff you merely imagine into facts on an almost daily basis

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »

hannity played the tape.  The 911 operator told him NOT to chase.  Then he did it anyway.  At the very least, he disobeyed a police order.  Charge him with impeding a police investigation and get to the bottom of what happened, ya know?  

To me, there are 2 things that piss me off with this case.  1) He immediately claimed that "stand your ground" law, which opened the door for obama to shit on that law.  Hw as actively chasing the dude.  SEcond, the police TOLD HIM not to pursue, because they were close.  He DISOBEYED.  

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 12:19:34 PM »
hannity played the tape.  The 911 operator told him NOT to chase.  Then he did it anyway.  At the very least, he disobeyed a police order.  Charge him with impeding a police investigation and get to the bottom of what happened, ya know?  

To me, there are 2 things that piss me off with this case.  1) He immediately claimed that "stand your ground" law, which opened the door for obama to shit on that law.  Hw as actively chasing the dude.  SEcond, the police TOLD HIM not to pursue, because they were close.  He DISOBEYED.  

Read the transcript you douche. They didn't tell him not to follow, they said "we don't need you to do that".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 12:23:57 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »
This is confusing as hell.
Ive seen most of the video and really I cant tell what to think.
The neighbor could be right, or he could be wrong, ive seen situations where an eyewitness got it backwards because everything was happening so fast and they wanted to make sure "justice was done", but they really couldnt remember what happened and their testimony wound up fucking an innocent person. People get shit switched in their memory, especially during high stress events. People always get the facts skewed in their memory. Especially when they only see half of what happened.

If the mexican dude made some sort of hostile action at the black kid, then he should go to jail.

BUT, if the mexican dude was just kind of tailing the black kid through his neighborhood trying to make sure he wasnt going to do anything bad, and the kid got pissed and attacked him, then IMHO self defense was justified.

From the recording I heard, it sounds like the mexican dude was just kind of trailing behind the dude. Which IMHO is no big deal, ive had people tail me in one of my friends neighborhoods when I 1st went there, they knew the usual visitors and had several break ins, so they just tried to keep eyes on people they didnt know. The kid would have no right to attack someone just because the other dude was keeping tabs on him in a neighborhood that he wasnt well known.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 01:47:35 PM »

A 911 dispatcher is not "the police." 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »

Racist post reported.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 02:15:40 PM »
Lol, no shit.
Not to mention, a 911 dispatcher told a youngster defending his home to NOT shoot at the people attacking him and his sister, and had he listened, he very well may have been dead today.
Pretty sure that we can agree that the dispatcher is a non-issue in this case. It comes down to the person on the phone to use critical thinking to make the choices necessary to defend himself, and those choices are whats in question, NOT "well the dispatcher said".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »
Lol, no shit.
Not to mention, a 911 dispatcher told a youngster defending his home to NOT shoot at the people attacking him and his sister, and had he listened, he very well may have been dead today.
Pretty sure that we can agree that the dispatcher is a non-issue in this case. It comes down to the person on the phone to use critical thinking to make the choices necessary to defend himself, and those choices are whats in question, NOT "well the dispatcher said".

The kid posed no threat.  He was walking.

this jackass - when he called 911 he was such the drama queen about 'he looks like he's on drugs' and 'something in his waistband'...

I just hate drama queens like that who embellish cause they want the cops there faster.  You know that's what he was doing.  Dude had no business getting out of his truck to confront someone, when he knew the cops would be there.  He figured they'd come in and save the day, he could point out the perp and have something to brag about.

instead he loses a fistfight and resorts to his gun.  Wonderful.  Fucking jackass should have stayed i his truck and let the real police confront the kid.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »

I don't know much about the case, but it seems to me that he was following a kid that looked like he was causing problems in the shooters neighborhood?  The kid attacked him and got shot.  If I'm wrong fine, but that seems like what's happened.

If someone appeared suspicious in my neighborhood I would follow them, and call the police.  I've done it before.  Dispatcher never said don't follow, they appreciated it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 04:40:02 PM »
I don't know much about the case, but it seems to me that he was following a kid that looked like he was causing problems in the shooters neighborhood?  The kid attacked him and got shot.  If I'm wrong fine, but that seems like what's happened.

If someone appeared suspicious in my neighborhood I would follow them, and call the police.  I've done it before.  Dispatcher never said don't follow, they appreciated it.

WHy did he look like he was causing problems?  Was he carrying a stolen TV?  Even if he was (and he wasn't), jumping out of your truck and running at someone in the dark is certainly a sign of aggression.  If someone came at me like that in the night, I'd probably shoot them.  Just being honest.  So I can't blame the kid for swinging.