Author Topic: "Hunger Games."  (Read 9214 times)

suckmymuscle

"Hunger Games."
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »
  Really liked this film. It's like a mixture of Big Brother, "Survivor", Rio carnival and MMA except with weapons and fights to the death.

The guys who came up with the script for this film were on a major acid trip. Major.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
Re: "Hunger Games."
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »
I was curious about that movie.  Worth going to the theatres for suck or should I just wait till I can see at home?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:34:39 PM »
I was curious about that movie.  Worth going to the theatres for suck or should I just wait till I can see at home?

Definitely worth seeing in the movies. Major CGI scenarios and brutal fight scenes that look a lot more realistic on the digital screen of a cinema than even on the best plasma T.Vs at home.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »
it's different. innovative, dare i say. but i felt the film fell short of extraordinaire due to the untold story of the dark haired boy who apparently held some interest for the main character. although my main problem was with her love interest (the blonde boy) who displayed a lack of confidence and seemed weak and undeserving of her affections altogether. something about him playing dead by camouflaging himself with the rock, and her risking her life to commandeer the ointment he needed just screamed "beta-male". it was an epic role reversal that ruined the film for me and was the reason i could not empathize with his character.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »
it's different. innovative, dare i say. but i felt the film fell short of extraordinaire due to the untold story of the dark haired boy who apparently held some interest for the main character. although my main problem was with her love interest (the blonde boy) who displayed a lack of confidence and seemed weak and undeserving of her affections altogether. something about him playing dead by camouflaging himself with the rock, and her risking her life to commandeer the ointment he needed just screamed "beta-male". it was an epic role reversal that ruined the film for me and was the reason i could not empathize with his character.

The thing about the female character from the books is that she is a very straight girl who is butch and likes to "wear the pants"(so to speak) in her relationships.

I agree with you. In that scene on the cave, she was playing the "boy" part taking care of him and protecting him, and he was playing the "girl" part. She was his "knight in shinning armor". I know it's weird, but it's 2012 and gender roles are not as clear for the new generations as they are for older generations. Besides, there are some girls who like to be "male"(protector)...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 10:55:39 PM »
Awesome film, much better than the twilight bullshit and id even say better yhan the Harry Potter films, I expected it to be some romance but it turned out to be a good mixture of action fantasy and just enough romance to not make it annoying to watch.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 10:55:46 PM »
I saw it when it was called Battle Royale

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 01:16:28 AM »
I saw it when it was called Battle Royale

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 01:22:22 AM »
theyve waterd it down to get a lower guidence rating..... basically ruining the film to make extra $

Jaaysheaa

• Getbig II
  • i wipe my own ass
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »
Awesome film, much better than the twilight bullshit and id even say better yhan the Harry Potter films, I expected it to be some romance but it turned out to be a good mixture of action fantasy and just enough romance to not make it annoying to watch.

So basically im summing this up with saying that you are Team Edward im assuming. im sorry thats all im getting out of what you said.

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Edwards a bitch and so are you

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 07:35:18 PM »
yeah I just watched it.  It's worth viewing, it's not just a generation nothingness film used as an excuse for chicks to go see shirtless dudes and then claim guys are the perverts, it's good.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 08:23:40 PM »
The books are far, far better...and a LOT more violent.  The movie is only the first of three to come out, still a lot more story to tell.  Still, the concept of 24 children killing one another in an arena is both horrifying and cool at the same time.  For being a novel targeted towards older teenagers, the violence and subject matter is intense (male prostitution, torture, mind control, drug addiction).

It reminds me a lot of King's earlier works The Long Walk and the Running Man(not the stupid Arnold movie)......a brutal gameshow set in a dystopian future where a cruel and overlording government reigns over the poor masses through intimidation and propaganda.

For instance, Cato, the District 2 Tribute who made it to the final 3, was getting chewed on for quite some time by those "dogs"....though, in the book, those weren't dogs but dog-like mutations that resembled the Tributes who had been killed up to that point.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »
My roomy said he lost 2 hours of his life.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »
I didnt like how the show's producer (guy with weird beard) kept changing the rules.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »
Isn't this just another version of:

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 09:21:03 PM »
Isn't this just another version of:

yes..... sans Killian, Buzz Saw, Captain Freedom, Dynamo, Sub Zero, and Ben Ricards "the Butcher of Bakersfield"

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 05:40:32 AM »

I thought the same thing about the dark haired kid, but my girl said he plays a larger role in the next two movies (its a trilogy based on 3 books).

I didn't think the camo thing was very beta of the other kid..... remember he had a hell of a sword gash in his leg, he was pretty much waiting to die at that point and would rather not have one of those other asshole tributes do him in. My girl told me that he is actually supposed to be a little beta though, he is a baker's son, and the book made a better job of describing the part where he wanted to go off and train on his own (the last few days before the 'Games'). She said in the book he went off to ask Woody Harrelson's character how he could help her win, because he had no chance himself. That is apparently where they formulated the plan that he would befriend the other tributes in the beginning of the games, pretending to help them track her and kill her early on.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 05:42:24 AM »
 Really liked this film. It's like a mixture of Big Brother, "Survivor", Rio carnival and MMA except with weapons and fights to the death.

The guys who came up with the script for this film were on a major acid trip. Major.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

alright movie, the girl i was with fucked my brains out afterwards, so that made the movie more memorable.... i oddly found the main actres hot for some reason

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 06:51:04 AM »
Kids killing other kids... how nice. 

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »
. i oddly found the main actres hot for some reason

I did too, I think because she has a 'girl next door' look instead of the typical 'Hollywood fake bitch' look that is so popular these days.
She is a naturally pretty girl, and sort of plain.... I like that.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 07:11:36 AM »
I read the first two books, 1/2 through the third I stopped reading, lost interest in it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »
I read the first two books, 1/2 through the third I stopped reading, lost interest in it.

Are they kids book?  I got the impression they are.  Worth reading?
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »

Are they kids book?  I got the impression they are.  Worth reading?
Young Adult. Big market for them, these days.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 09:33:53 AM »
The ideas been done many, many, many times over again in books and movies with slight variation (and much, much better). Don't get the hype about these mainstream books turned into movies when there are much better choices out there if they choose to do that that are much more original, etc.