Author Topic: swollen pink injection site.  (Read 6446 times)

baby huey

swollen pink injection site.
« on: October 25, 2005, 01:37:16 AM »
I shot some test + deca into my thigh about 24 hours ago, and now the injection site is swollen and pink (my rectus femoris is sticking out to the side past the vastus lateralis).  Besides limping like a mother-f'r, I'm not really scared since this has happened before and I'm expecting it to go away...  but what the hell causes this?  ???

Did I shoot an inch away from where I was supposed to or something?  This has happened in my glutes a few times before, but usually has happened in thigh injections.  I dont think its dirty gear because when this happened before it would just happen on a random injection in the middle of a course (the injections before and after were 100% okay).

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
Re: swollen pink injection site.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 01:54:25 AM »
hi, it is not big problem ,perhaps u r just sensitive on injecting, or your skin is sensitive !!!
I AM SURE EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE AFTER SEVERAL DAYS ..
w

babby huey

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 02:19:22 AM »
Yes, my skin has always sucked.....   pale, ingrown hairs, prone to athlete's foot/rashes, etc...  guess I get to add this to the list!  ;D

Im sure it will go away, but its still something Id like to avoid if I could (and it hurts worse than usual).

Any tips?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 05:00:03 AM »
swollen, red, and warm site along with a fever is a sign of infection.  May need some antibiotics.  Maybe it is just a reaction.  Do have lots of scar tissue at injection sites?

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 08:47:44 AM »
put some alcohol on swollen place,and clear the swollen place..few times per day !
w

Crazy-canuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 04:27:06 PM »
I shot some test + deca into my thigh about 24 hours ago, and now the injection site is swollen and pink (my rectus femoris is sticking out to the side past the vastus lateralis).  Besides limping like a mother-f'r, I'm not really scared since this has happened before and I'm expecting it to go away...  but what the hell causes this?  ???

Did I shoot an inch away from where I was supposed to or something?  This has happened in my glutes a few times before, but usually has happened in thigh injections.  I dont think its dirty gear because when this happened before it would just happen on a random injection in the middle of a course (the injections before and after were 100% okay).

I'll bet that this is UG gear and I will also bet that the BA/BB balence is off.  That is what usually cause's the pain.  They have to put the BA/BB in it to stabilize it and to kill all bacteria growth that could occur.  A lot of novice labs will put too much in becuase they lack the experience or equipment to measure it properly.

Or alternately you may just be sensitive to these compounds as some poeple are but more often then not the above is the right answer.

Make sure you are using good gear that has good feedback.

CC.

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 07:02:50 PM »
I wouldn't worry if it's only been 24 hours, if after 3 or 4 days it's still there you may have an issue, especially if it is a big lump/ baseball size.
I only had an abscess once, in my delt. I sucked 30cc's of puss out of it. (pretty gross looking, think grape juice mixed with cottage cheese) and then did antbi's for a week. Everything went away and I didn't have to go to the hospital. Treating it early and draining it before it gets too bad is the key.

baby huey

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 03:26:13 AM »
Well its been 3 days, and I'm pretty sure I'm f---'d.   This has gone WAY WORSE than any problems before.
I got half a football growing out of the side of my quad and my whole thigh is pink.  If I push a finger into it, THE DENT STAYS.....   (really freakin me out)

If I dont die in my sleep, I'm going to the doctor in the AM...

I thought my procedure was clean; sanitized everything thoroughly (or so I thought)?  Like I said, what I experienced in the first day or so, I had been through before, but now its ridiculous.  This was the first shot of this course, (and my first course in almost 3 years) so I expected extra pain, but jeeez....

Its PETS PHARMA test and deca, everywhere I looked on the net had real good reviews, so Im not sure if this is my fault (sanitation) or the gear.  Ill decide after seeing the doc whether or not to continue the cycle.

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 03:31:13 AM »
That's an abscess, especially if the depression stays.

You need to stick a needle in that bitch and pull back on the plunger. Hopefully the shit will drain out. Try to put the needle in exactly where you did when you took the shot.

If it will drain, drain everything, we're talking 30 or 40 cc's of shit, then start some antibiotics...

If you can't drain it, or even if you can but it gets worse, go to the ER, not worth losing your leg man...

JUSTBIG

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 04:07:47 PM »
How can you tell infection from scar tissue?
Shot 1/2 cc V 1/2 cc of susp. in R bicep on Sunday.  (used 5/8 pin, I know should go w/ 1 inch, ran out) It is red, not very hot, but bicep looks like it is falling over (can't flex it) taking antibiotics.

Thanks

(CLR)

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 08:36:25 AM »
man that sucks you got this infection. I hope every thing gets better soon.
I just started my cycle (after using nothing for 17 months) and put my buddy on his first cycle about 3 weeks ago and his glute got swollen and pink just after his second shot.
He was a bit nervous about it and Ive NEVER experienced this personly.
Im using the same stuff as my buddy (just more cc's) and I experince NO swelling or redness.
He has a hard time sitting down and I dont have a problem at all.
I give him hell about it HA HA HA. go go go T-400.
Its just weired how one person can be so much more sensitive than another.
But the main thing is I hope you get this problem solved and get back on track.
take care.
LATER.

baby huey

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 12:40:06 AM »
Well that was a pretty bad scare....

But I got some good antibiotics and it cleared up pretty good in a few days.  Doc friend said it was just water in there so no need to drain.  Hypothosized the reason might have been since I shaved the injection area about half and hour before shooting (doh!), I thought I was making it cleaner, but since I'm so SENSITIVE he said I might have aggrevated the hell out of my epidermis, plus the razor might have had bacteria all over it, and even though I santized before shooting, I still shoved a whole bunch of germs right down into my leg.

How do I know if I have scar tissue in a site???  Either way, Im DONE with thigh injections.... sticking with the ass.

Thanks for the help bros

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 04:32:14 AM »
I'm glad to hear you are doing OK, but something doesn't sound right here.  I can't see any reason your thigh would swell to football size and be filled only with "water".  Personally, I would have performed a sterile aspiration of the site to look for frank pus.  The treatment implications are much different for an abcess.

Anyway, glad you saw someone and are getting treatment.

With regards to scar tissue, if you have done multiple cycles and have not rotated sites  often, you can assume you have at least some scar tissue in that particular region.  It may become an issue if the area becomes relatively avascular, as white blood cells have difficulty getting into the area to do their job (namely, helping to clear bacteria).  Antibiotics can have similar difficulty diffusing into these areas due to the diminished blood supply.  Rotating sites is a good idea throughout your cycle.  Don't assume it was "thigh" related.  Your glutes could have the same problem if you continue to use only that site over and over.

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 06:38:36 AM »
I'm glad to hear you are doing OK, but something doesn't sound right here.  I can't see any reason your thigh would swell to football size and be filled only with "water".  Personally, I would have performed a sterile aspiration of the site to look for frank pus.  The treatment implications are much different for an abcess.

Anyway, glad you saw someone and are getting treatment.

With regards to scar tissue, if you have done multiple cycles and have not rotated sites  often, you can assume you have at least some scar tissue in that particular region.  It may become an issue if the area becomes relatively avascular, as white blood cells have difficulty getting into the area to do their job (namely, helping to clear bacteria).  Antibiotics can have similar difficulty diffusing into these areas due to the diminished blood supply.  Rotating sites is a good idea throughout your cycle.  Don't assume it was "thigh" related.  Your glutes could have the same problem if you continue to use only that site over and over.

Agree, I was doing all delts for a while and am fairly certain I got an abscess because of Scar Tissue and constant inflammation, it seems to cause the area to become stagnant making it difficult for your body to fight off infection and even antibiotics, thus needing to be drained.  Any time I've had an abscess it has been at a site used too frequently.