Author Topic: Ron Paul Secures Key Victories in Missouri Caucus  (Read 2132 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Ron Paul Secures Key Victories in Missouri Caucus
« on: March 25, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »
For those who don't understand how a caucus works... *cough* Beach Bum *cough*

Remember how Santorum swept the non-binding straw poll there? Well...

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/ron-paul-secures-key-victories-in-missouri-caucus/

In the St. Louis City Caucus held today, the 12-term Congressman from Texas won 36 delegates and 36 alternate delegates to both the 1st Congressional District and to the Republican State Convention, meaning Dr. Paul cleanly swept this consequential part of the statewide nominating contest. In total, Missouri’s 1st Congressional District has 103 delegates and Ron Paul won 36 of them as a result of winning the entire St. Louis City Caucus. For comparison sake, in the St. Louis City Caucus, Ron Paul received 158 votes and the next-closest vote recipient Rick Santorum garnered just 74 votes, or less than half.

The larger Jackson County caucus also occurred today. In the 5th Congressional District, Ron Paul won 63 delegates, won all 144 alternate delegates, won 105 delegates to the Republican state convention, and won 144 alternates to the state convention. In the 6th Congressional District, Dr. Paul swept all 39 delegates, won all 39 delegates to the state convention, and won 144 alternates to the state convention.

The countywide totals for Dr. Paul include 246 Congressional delegates, more than double Mitt Romney’s 120, and 360 alternate delegates for Ron Paul, a clean sweep in that regard.

Santorum and Newt Gingrich won zero Congressional delegates and alternate delegates in Jackson County.

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/ron-paul-secures-key-victories-in-missouri-caucus/#ixzz1qBms15OF

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Ron Paul Secures Key Victories in Missouri Caucus
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
Strike up the band.  lol

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »
So, Beach Bum, care to explain to me the difference between a caucus and a primary now?  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Yawn.  I've given you enough information the past two days to educate you.  Whether you choose to take the blinders off is up to you.   :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »
Yawn.  I've given you enough information the past two days to educate you.  Whether you choose to take the blinders off is up to you.   :)

....are you serious?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:43 AM »
....are you serious?

As serious as fecal matter in the eye.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 04:44:46 AM »
Strike up the band.  lol

I love Ron Paul but that made me LMFAO.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 04:47:11 AM »
I love Ron Paul but that made me LMFAO.
easily amused much? lol...

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 05:00:36 AM »
easily amused much? lol...

well to be fair it was the first thing I read when I logged on after taking a few hits.  After all I am a Ron Paul guy.  :D

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 05:40:17 AM »
....are you serious?

He can be a little thick at times, but in the end, we all love our little Beach Bum  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 05:52:31 AM »
well to be fair it was the first thing I read when I logged on after taking a few hits.  After all I am a Ron Paul guy.  :D
wish I could relate but the times I've tried it, it made me sick as hell.  nobody believes that but that is the reaction I had and I don't care to repeat it. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »
wish I could relate but the times I've tried it, it made me sick as hell.  nobody believes that but that is the reaction I had and I don't care to repeat it. 
I believe it. Ive seen lots of people freak out or get sick when using weed.
Its can be pretty addictive to some as well, even though people generally dont believe it.
Its a sedative, so if using heavy everday for a long period of time, it can cause anxiety, inability to sleep, agression, shakes, etc.
When I when to alcohol/drug treatment, some of the worst guys to deal with were using weed, mostly because they were so irritable and they couldnt sleep, but they refused to believe that it was caused by their marijuana usage. Lol.
Its not as bad as other drugs, but it's there. Anything that affects your CNS will have an negative feedback response when you quit. (i.e. the opposite affect, Coming off uppers/stimulants will makes you CNS crash and slow down, coming off downers/deppressants will make you CNS speed way up.)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:25 AM »
I believe it. Ive seen lots of people freak out or get sick when using weed.
Its can be pretty addictive to some as well, even though people generally dont believe it.
Its a sedative, so if using heavy everday for a long period of time, it can cause anxiety, inability to sleep, agression, shakes, etc.
When I when to alcohol/drug treatment, some of the worst guys to deal with were using weed, mostly because they were so irritable and they couldnt sleep, but they refused to believe that it was caused by their marijuana usage. Lol.
Its not as bad as other drugs, but it's there. Anything that affects your CNS will have an negative feedback response when you quit. (i.e. the opposite affect, Coming off uppers/stimulants will makes you CNS crash and slow down, coming off downers/deppressants will make you CNS speed way up.)
You would be the first person to ever believe it made me sick.  Everyone else I've said that to always thinks I'm bullshitting.  The last time I tried it, I thought I was gonna fucking die lol...  I was laying on the floor and having a very hard time breathing.  Fuck that, I do not do well with pot.  Others seem to have no problem so more power to them but that shit is not for me.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 06:41:16 AM »
One more for Beach Ass.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 06:47:22 AM »
You would be the first person to ever believe it made me sick.  Everyone else I've said that to always thinks I'm bullshitting.  The last time I tried it, I thought I was gonna fucking die lol...  I was laying on the floor and having a very hard time breathing.  Fuck that, I do not do well with pot.  Others seem to have no problem so more power to them but that shit is not for me.

Sounds like a weed induced panic attack.  I have had them.  No fun at all.  So yes I 100% believe you.

And Shockwave..Yes weed is mentally addictive like cigs for the most part.  I know I was irritable for a couple of weeks when I quit smoking for 2.5 years.  Not that big of deal and I doubt anyone else noticed.  I am not a heavy smoker anyway.  2 or 3 hits and i am cool.  I have seen people try and quit smoking cigs and they are in full meltdown mode...lol. We are talking 333 on Obama's inauguration day meltdown.  ;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 06:48:58 AM »
Sounds like a weed induced panic attack.  I have had them.  No fun at all.  So yes I 100% believe you.

And Shockwave..Yes weed is mentally addictive like cigs for the most part.  I know I was irritable for a couple of weeks when I quit smoking for 2.5 years.  Not that big of deal and I doubt anyone else noticed.  I am not a heavy smoker anyway.  2 or 3 hits and i am cool.  I have seen people try and quit smoking cigs and they are in full meltdown mode...lol. We are talking 333 on Obama's inauguration day meltdown.  ;D

:D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
For those who don't understand how a caucus works... *cough* Beach Bum *cough*

Remember how Santorum swept the non-binding straw poll there? Well...

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/ron-paul-secures-key-victories-in-missouri-caucus/

In the St. Louis City Caucus held today, the 12-term Congressman from Texas won 36 delegates and 36 alternate delegates to both the 1st Congressional District and to the Republican State Convention, meaning Dr. Paul cleanly swept this consequential part of the statewide nominating contest. In total, Missouri’s 1st Congressional District has 103 delegates and Ron Paul won 36 of them as a result of winning the entire St. Louis City Caucus. For comparison sake, in the St. Louis City Caucus, Ron Paul received 158 votes and the next-closest vote recipient Rick Santorum garnered just 74 votes, or less than half.

The larger Jackson County caucus also occurred today. In the 5th Congressional District, Ron Paul won 63 delegates, won all 144 alternate delegates, won 105 delegates to the Republican state convention, and won 144 alternates to the state convention. In the 6th Congressional District, Dr. Paul swept all 39 delegates, won all 39 delegates to the state convention, and won 144 alternates to the state convention.

The countywide totals for Dr. Paul include 246 Congressional delegates, more than double Mitt Romney’s 120, and 360 alternate delegates for Ron Paul, a clean sweep in that regard.

Santorum and Newt Gingrich won zero Congressional delegates and alternate delegates in Jackson County.

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/ron-paul-secures-key-victories-in-missouri-caucus/#ixzz1qBms15OF

This is pretty much like kicking a field goal after the opposing team has scored 7 touchdowns.
A

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »

This is pretty much like kicking a field goal after the opposing team has scored 7 touchdowns.

Don't you have some retarded posing to do somewhere?