Author Topic: My dog passed away! :(  (Read 18969 times)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Re: My dog passed away! :(
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 03:10:58 AM »
I guessin you have a weiner and a pit and had Buddy too? So what kind of dog was Buddy?
Sorry for your loss.  Been thru it, never again tho. Thats why I never replaced my dog.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 03:15:42 AM »
So what did he pass from? 

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 03:21:06 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss dustin.

I saw a lady a few weeks back with a real nice looking while gold ring on, which had a dark/really shining diamond type stone set in. I asked about the ring as I'd never seen one like that before, she said that her dog had passed away a few months ago and she'd found a site that compressed the dogs ashes into a stone and set it in that ring, it looked really beautiful and would be a good way to keep buddy close to your hands again.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:58 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss dustin.

I saw a lady a few weeks back with a real nice looking while gold ring on, which had a dark/really shining diamond type stone set in. I asked about the ring as I'd never seen one like that before, she said that her dog had passed away a few months ago and she'd found a site that compressed the dogs ashes into a stone and set it in that ring, it looked really beautiful and would be a good way to keep buddy close to your hands again.

from ashes to ashes!,,
you came from the ashes and you return back to the ashes ,, of mother ground,, every living creature on this planet should go back there and not be kept in ring or astray or vases,,

from ashes you came and to ashes you will go back ....to PART of mother earth

stardust is what we all are and he belong with all of his ancesters and not in a ring or vaze

gh15 approved

fallen angel

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 04:11:31 AM »
Sorry Dustin.  Thats all I can say.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 04:15:46 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss. Take some time, and honour his memory by giving some love to a new pooch. Best. 

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 04:24:43 AM »
my condolences,

The good thing about a dog is you can always get you a new one

not quite bro... dogs can never be replaced. Thats life having your wife or girlfriend die, and saying fuck it, you can find another one... true you could, but its not that easy, and certainly one will not REPLACE the other...

Dogs normally become part of the family, i bought my mom a dog for her xmas a coupl eof years ago, and we all are attached to her so much, she is part of our family. Its like having a little sister.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 04:49:16 AM »

i didnt read your post. it would bother me too much. i am truely sorry for your loss. those who dont have dogs wouldnt get it. those who do, do.

x1000

RIP My friend....coming up on almost 2yrs for me.....for a dog I had for 10yrs.  I feel your pain.  I prayed for nights for my girl to go of her own accord.  Unfortunately, I had to make that choice.  Indescribable the pain of watching her take that last breath.  Time does not heal.....time only allows you to cope somewhat.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about her.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 04:51:45 AM »
Damn Dustin,I`m really sorry to hear this my friend.

I know just how you feel,my dogs mean so much to me also.

Stay strong bro.

thebdog

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 05:19:40 AM »
very sorry bro. time will heal the pain. be thankful for those 13 years. sorry once again.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 05:26:20 AM »
Sorry for your loss.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 05:29:55 AM »
PIP Buddy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

L.L

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 05:35:57 AM »
sorry about your dog ,man

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 05:36:12 AM »
Dustin, very sorry to hear. It is an experience I am familiar with. Some will not understand what you are going through, I clearly do. If I knew of something to help the pain I would tell you, but I know of nothing but time. Take care.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 05:39:33 AM »
Dustin, sorry for your loss :(
X

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 07:42:19 AM »
Dude, very sorry.

Your post made me feel uncomfortably emotional. For real.

Consider writing for a living.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 07:49:55 AM »
I'm sorry you lost your best friend Dustin!!

Make sure you post your story on the petboard aswel because i think you will find people there with similar experiences in losing a beloved pet. I for one have lost a few and my story as wel as other people storys are there.

I 'm wishing you and your loved ones alot of stenght to deal with this incredible loss.... :'(

EM....

?

T-rex

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
Im sorry for your loss Dustin. Losing your dog after years of them being at your side is a pain i wish on no one.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »
Strong avatar gh15

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 08:01:52 AM »
Sorry to hear Dustin. We will miss you while you are gone. Prob my favorite poster.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 08:10:01 AM »
Dustin, I'm sorry for your loss. I know it is hard to lose a beloved pet.  :'(

Does anyone know what breed of dog lives the longest?  And which the shortest?  Years, ago, I recall hearing that little dogs live longer and the bigger the dog the shorter the lifespan.  Is that generally true?

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »
so sincerely sorry for your loss. My beautiful pit mix Bosco passed away unexpectedly almost 3 years ago at only 4 years of age. I think about him everyday. occasionally still get misty eyed. unconditional love leaves an impression on you.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »
sorry to hear

heartbreaking when your dog dies
T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »
Hey guys, I know there are a lot of dog lovers and I just wanted to share a bit about our heart breaking weekend. My best friend, Buddy, passed away just 6 weeks shy of his 13th birthday.

Friday night I accidentally left our back door open and heard our wiener dog down the road barking, so I ran outside to chase him. Our pit puppy was digging in the trash and Buddy sorrowfully wandered out from the dark forest with his head held down. I thought he got into the trash can too as he has a very shameful look when does something wrong, but he just looked very depressed and was coughing up lots of clear fluid. I stopped scolding him when I realized something was wrong and preyed that we'd wake up in the morning to a lively old poochy again. There was no scent of garbage on him and his head wouldn't lift off the floor even for some late night kibble.

Unfortunately when we woke up his condition deteriorated. He finally got up from his dog bed only to collapse against the hallway trying to get to his water dish. I lifted him back to his bed and we had attempted to stand him up for breakfast but he was glued to the floor. My heart was sinking. I fought back tears and thoughts creeping into my mind that things were taking a turn for the worst. He wouldn't eat kibble and wouldn't even touch a steak we tearfully cooked for him.

We were planning a family dinner at my mothers and figured we should really take Buddy as his life seemed to be slipping away at a fast pace. I drove slowly and my exchange students kept a watchful eye, but he became incontinent just before pulling into the driveway and the tears were even harder to hold back. We carefully lifted him out of the vehicle, cleaned him up and his legs quivered as he lost control of his bladder as well. When we brought him inside there was a lot of silence for minutes as my mom skimmed through the phone book to check for an emergency pet hospital to take him to. We knew it wasn't for a check up and that it would be to let our canine family member leave this life in peace. I went to the washroom to get some toilet paper and passed my aunt who couldn't stay in the kitchen anymore with the family when I came back. I couldn't fight and hold back my tears once I returned to the sight of my stepdad, a 230lb Canadian mountain man, petting Buddy with tears streaming down his face while trying to console him. That was the breaking point, seeing a man so physically strong reduced to tears as his family member, not a "pet", slipped away helplessly.

It was a bitter sweet situation that we had happened to have organized a big family dinner this weekend because all of my immediate family, save for my youngest brother, was able to make it to the veterinary hospital to be with Buddy as we euthanized him. The vet concluded that cancerous tumors and/or cysts had broken around his organs causing internal bleeding which had spread to his lungs causing a shortness of breath. They had quickly prepared an intravenous catheter to deliver pain medication as well as a room where we could say our goodbyes and comfort him as he passed on. When we gave the go-ahead, it was no more than 10 seconds before he was gone. I know that for some it would seem as though it's nothing more than an animal that we sheltered for our convoluted reasons and that it's irrational to grow so attached to an animal - for dog lovers there are no words to explain just how completely wrong that is. Buddy passed away peacefully at 6:10pm, March 24, 2012.

To pay respect, grieve, and to abstain from negativity I will be taking a leave from posting on Getbig. I don't mean to be a drama queen, but I don't want to pollute my mind with bullshit for a little while. It will be somewhat of a mental cleanse. I'll be back somewhere down the road if anyone cares. I'd like to share a few quick photos that bring a smile to my face as well. I'm pulling a hard drive out from an old computer to make sure I've retrieved every last image of him I could find. We thankfully have thousands of pictures of him, but they can only provide a marginal amount of comfort as he was the best dog and one of the best living beings I have ever loved. Best wishes to everyone here, even phaggots like Goodrum, but especially to those who are dog lovers as well. You guys understand how unimaginably special these creatures are. I still have two which I love with all my heart, and I can sense that they're aware of Buddy's passing as well. Dogs are very special creatures and I empathize with anyone who's had to endure the passing of their dog. If I ever truly become a man, it will have been through emulating the insurmountable compassion and love that Buddy showed to everyone he had met.

tl;dr version:
- dog died this weekend
- heart is absolutely fucking crushed :(

P.S. Mods, please don't move this thread. I threw down a front double bi's and a most muscular after taking a shower this morning and looked like a bag of smashed assholes. Now this thread is bodybuilding related. Cheers.
I`m so sorry to hear this my friend.  I actually have tears streaming down my face after reading your story. 

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »
The best thing anyone can ever do for a kid is get them a dog.

A dog will teach a child responsibility and unconditional love.

When you are 8 years old and you are responsible for walking the dog, feeding the dog, and cleaning up after the dog, you form a bond that can never be broken.

When I went to college, I had a beautiful girlfriend that was a year younger than me.  She gave me a Tiffany silver picture frame with my initials on it, along with a picture of the two of us at the beach to bring to my dorm room.

When she came with my mother and father to visit me, there was a picture of my dog in the frame.  I told her that the dog had been with me since I was 7 years old, the dog was with me long before her, and would probably be with me longer than she would, plus I could talk to my girl on the phone all of the time.  I couldn't talk to my dog.

My dog died after finals of my senior year were finished, and I buried her at a pet cemetary 2 days before I walked for graduation.  A fraternity brother made fun of me for being so upset about my dog.  I knocked him out cold.