Author Topic: My dog passed away! :(  (Read 18945 times)

Dogma2010

• Getbig II
Re: My dog passed away! :(
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:34 AM »
I remember being in high school and seeing my good friend's dog dead in the stairwell. He broke down and started crying. Last month, we sat and watched his cat pass away right in front of us and he had no response.

I asked him what was the difference and he just told me, "that dog was like family. The damn pussy only came to me when it wanted something and then wandered off"

Sorry to hear about your dog man.  :-\

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:48 AM »
Hey guys, I know there are a lot of dog lovers and I just wanted to share a bit about our heart breaking weekend. My best friend, Buddy, passed away just 6 weeks shy of his 13th birthday.

Friday night I accidentally left our back door open and heard our wiener dog down the road barking, so I ran outside to chase him. Our pit puppy was digging in the trash and Buddy sorrowfully wandered out from the dark forest with his head held down. I thought he got into the trash can too as he has a very shameful look when does something wrong, but he just looked very depressed and was coughing up lots of clear fluid. I stopped scolding him when I realized something was wrong and preyed that we'd wake up in the morning to a lively old poochy again. There was no scent of garbage on him and his head wouldn't lift off the floor even for some late night kibble.

Unfortunately when we woke up his condition deteriorated. He finally got up from his dog bed only to collapse against the hallway trying to get to his water dish. I lifted him back to his bed and we had attempted to stand him up for breakfast but he was glued to the floor. My heart was sinking. I fought back tears and thoughts creeping into my mind that things were taking a turn for the worst. He wouldn't eat kibble and wouldn't even touch a steak we tearfully cooked for him.

We were planning a family dinner at my mothers and figured we should really take Buddy as his life seemed to be slipping away at a fast pace. I drove slowly and my exchange students kept a watchful eye, but he became incontinent just before pulling into the driveway and the tears were even harder to hold back. We carefully lifted him out of the vehicle, cleaned him up and his legs quivered as he lost control of his bladder as well. When we brought him inside there was a lot of silence for minutes as my mom skimmed through the phone book to check for an emergency pet hospital to take him to. We knew it wasn't for a check up and that it would be to let our canine family member leave this life in peace. I went to the washroom to get some toilet paper and passed my aunt who couldn't stay in the kitchen anymore with the family when I came back. I couldn't fight and hold back my tears once I returned to the sight of my stepdad, a 230lb Canadian mountain man, petting Buddy with tears streaming down his face while trying to console him. That was the breaking point, seeing a man so physically strong reduced to tears as his family member, not a "pet", slipped away helplessly.

It was a bitter sweet situation that we had happened to have organized a big family dinner this weekend because all of my immediate family, save for my youngest brother, was able to make it to the veterinary hospital to be with Buddy as we euthanized him. The vet concluded that cancerous tumors and/or cysts had broken around his organs causing internal bleeding which had spread to his lungs causing a shortness of breath. They had quickly prepared an intravenous catheter to deliver pain medication as well as a room where we could say our goodbyes and comfort him as he passed on. When we gave the go-ahead, it was no more than 10 seconds before he was gone. I know that for some it would seem as though it's nothing more than an animal that we sheltered for our convoluted reasons and that it's irrational to grow so attached to an animal - for dog lovers there are no words to explain just how completely wrong that is. Buddy passed away peacefully at 6:10pm, March 24, 2012.

To pay respect, grieve, and to abstain from negativity I will be taking a leave from posting on Getbig. I don't mean to be a drama queen, but I don't want to pollute my mind with bullshit for a little while. It will be somewhat of a mental cleanse. I'll be back somewhere down the road if anyone cares. I'd like to share a few quick photos that bring a smile to my face as well. I'm pulling a hard drive out from an old computer to make sure I've retrieved every last image of him I could find. We thankfully have thousands of pictures of him, but they can only provide a marginal amount of comfort as he was the best dog and one of the best living beings I have ever loved. Best wishes to everyone here, even phaggots like Goodrum, but especially to those who are dog lovers as well. You guys understand how unimaginably special these creatures are. I still have two which I love with all my heart, and I can sense that they're aware of Buddy's passing as well. Dogs are very special creatures and I empathize with anyone who's had to endure the passing of their dog. If I ever truly become a man, it will have been through emulating the insurmountable compassion and love that Buddy showed to everyone he had met.

tl;dr version:
- dog died this weekend
- heart is absolutely fucking crushed :(

P.S. Mods, please don't move this thread. I threw down a front double bi's and a most muscular after taking a shower this morning and looked like a bag of smashed assholes. Now this thread is bodybuilding related. Cheers.
sorry to hear this looked like a great dog....
F

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 08:49:38 AM »
Dustin, I'm sorry for your loss. I know it is hard to lose a beloved pet.  :'(

Does anyone know what breed of dog lives the longest?  And which the shortest?  Years, ago, I recall hearing that little dogs live longer and the bigger the dog the shorter the lifespan.  Is that generally true?

Bay, I don't know the amswer to your life span question, but I can tell you that retriever type dogs are notorious for hip dysplasia and blowing out their ACL. I have had 3 labs and they are the most loyal and loving dogs there is. But between the 3 of them I had put out @ $12,000 in leg surgeries. I understand that some people can't understand putting that kind of money out for a dog, but for me, there was no decision to be made. If my child was hurt I would pay for them, they were no different. I am without a dog now for about 5 years because the death of my last lab broke me so bad I cannot go through that again right now.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
Sorry for your loss...it hurts to see him go like that, the failing health, and knowing that you are helpless to it.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 09:03:35 AM »
Hey guys, I know there are a lot of dog lovers and I just wanted to share a bit about our heart breaking weekend. My best friend, Buddy, passed away just 6 weeks shy of his 13th birthday.

Friday night I accidentally left our back door open and heard our wiener dog down the road barking, so I ran outside to chase him. Our pit puppy was digging in the trash and Buddy sorrowfully wandered out from the dark forest with his head held down. I thought he got into the trash can too as he has a very shameful look when does something wrong, but he just looked very depressed and was coughing up lots of clear fluid. I stopped scolding him when I realized something was wrong and preyed that we'd wake up in the morning to a lively old poochy again. There was no scent of garbage on him and his head wouldn't lift off the floor even for some late night kibble.

Unfortunately when we woke up his condition deteriorated. He finally got up from his dog bed only to collapse against the hallway trying to get to his water dish. I lifted him back to his bed and we had attempted to stand him up for breakfast but he was glued to the floor. My heart was sinking. I fought back tears and thoughts creeping into my mind that things were taking a turn for the worst. He wouldn't eat kibble and wouldn't even touch a steak we tearfully cooked for him.

We were planning a family dinner at my mothers and figured we should really take Buddy as his life seemed to be slipping away at a fast pace. I drove slowly and my exchange students kept a watchful eye, but he became incontinent just before pulling into the driveway and the tears were even harder to hold back. We carefully lifted him out of the vehicle, cleaned him up and his legs quivered as he lost control of his bladder as well. When we brought him inside there was a lot of silence for minutes as my mom skimmed through the phone book to check for an emergency pet hospital to take him to. We knew it wasn't for a check up and that it would be to let our canine family member leave this life in peace. I went to the washroom to get some toilet paper and passed my aunt who couldn't stay in the kitchen anymore with the family when I came back. I couldn't fight and hold back my tears once I returned to the sight of my stepdad, a 230lb Canadian mountain man, petting Buddy with tears streaming down his face while trying to console him. That was the breaking point, seeing a man so physically strong reduced to tears as his family member, not a "pet", slipped away helplessly.

It was a bitter sweet situation that we had happened to have organized a big family dinner this weekend because all of my immediate family, save for my youngest brother, was able to make it to the veterinary hospital to be with Buddy as we euthanized him. The vet concluded that cancerous tumors and/or cysts had broken around his organs causing internal bleeding which had spread to his lungs causing a shortness of breath. They had quickly prepared an intravenous catheter to deliver pain medication as well as a room where we could say our goodbyes and comfort him as he passed on. When we gave the go-ahead, it was no more than 10 seconds before he was gone. I know that for some it would seem as though it's nothing more than an animal that we sheltered for our convoluted reasons and that it's irrational to grow so attached to an animal - for dog lovers there are no words to explain just how completely wrong that is. Buddy passed away peacefully at 6:10pm, March 24, 2012.

To pay respect, grieve, and to abstain from negativity I will be taking a leave from posting on Getbig. I don't mean to be a drama queen, but I don't want to pollute my mind with bullshit for a little while. It will be somewhat of a mental cleanse. I'll be back somewhere down the road if anyone cares. I'd like to share a few quick photos that bring a smile to my face as well. I'm pulling a hard drive out from an old computer to make sure I've retrieved every last image of him I could find. We thankfully have thousands of pictures of him, but they can only provide a marginal amount of comfort as he was the best dog and one of the best living beings I have ever loved. Best wishes to everyone here, even phaggots like Goodrum, but especially to those who are dog lovers as well. You guys understand how unimaginably special these creatures are. I still have two which I love with all my heart, and I can sense that they're aware of Buddy's passing as well. Dogs are very special creatures and I empathize with anyone who's had to endure the passing of their dog. If I ever truly become a man, it will have been through emulating the insurmountable compassion and love that Buddy showed to everyone he had met.

tl;dr version:
- dog died this weekend

P.S. Mods, please don't move this thread. I threw down a front double bi's and a most muscular after taking a shower this morning and looked like a bag of smashed assholes. Now this thread is bodybuilding related. Cheers.

My condolences . . . Just looking at the pics and I fell in love with your friend.

Respectfully,
Adam

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »
I am very sorry for your loss.

If there is truly a heaven, Buddy is there waiting for you!!!!

My Cairn Terrier was so special to me.  She was like "Skip" in the movie "My Dog Skip".  She went everywhere with me growing up.

When my girlfriend would come over to watch movies with me when I was in high school, my dog would sit between us.  If my girl went to kiss me, my dog would growl at her, while she had her paw over my leg.

Just last week I found an old box of slides of my dog when she was just a puppy, and I was 7 years old.  NOTHING, except the birth of my children, has ever made me so happy as getting that dog for my 7th birthday.  

That dog used to sit with me on the couch while I beat Mike Tyson, conquered The Legend of Zelda, etc.  

When I would swim laps in our pool, she literally would go up and down the poolside with me.  

If I was sick and home from school, she sat in the bed with me all day, and wouldn't even want to go eat her food or drink her water.  I'd have to bring her bowls into my room.

Dogs are truly gifts from God.

Brocty

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:15 AM »
Couldnt imagine mine passing bro, very sorry for your loss.  Looked like a very happy dog.  Im sure you will always keep good memories.

Take care

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:10 AM »
I was over at my buddies house one night we were all drinking. He let his puppy out to use the bathroom. The dog ran out in the road and got hit by a car and died right in front of us  :-[ The three of us spent the rest of the late night digging a grave for the puppy. We all cried and drank ourselfs stupid. It bonded the three of us for life.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:57 AM »
Dogs > people
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(sorry

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS

dustin

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2012, 09:53:57 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Just logged in to post one last picture. It was the last picture I took of him.

Lucy kept trying to encourage Buddy to play Saturday morning, but when he couldn't get up you could literally see her heart breaking as she began cluing in on the situation. She's normally very vocal but just laid with him for his last few hours in silence. Ronnie could sense that something was wrong immediately and also stuck by his side.

They've been sleeping in our bedroom the last couple of nights and it's sad to see how it's affected them. Before we even had a chance to display emotions with our faces or body language, they were already very mellow and looked depressed when we came home. It is amazing to see how loving and intuitive they are, but it's also very heart breaking. Thankfully on both Saturday and Sunday we had massive family dinners, so it couldn't have been a better time for him to have passed. Lots of family and lots of support for each other. Thanks for your support too, guys.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Just logged in to post one last picture. It was the last picture I took of him.

Lucy kept trying to encourage Buddy to play Saturday morning, but when he couldn't get up you could literally see her heart breaking as she began cluing in on the situation. She's normally very vocal but just laid with him for his last few hours in silence. Ronnie could sense that something was wrong immediately and also stuck by his side.

They've been sleeping in our bedroom the last couple of nights and it's sad to see how it's affected them. Before we even had a chance to display emotions with our faces or body language, they were already very mellow and looked depressed when we came home. It is amazing to see how loving and intuitive they are, but it's also very heart breaking. Thankfully on both Saturday and Sunday we had massive family dinners, so it couldn't have been a better time for him to have passed. Lots of family and lots of support for each other. Thanks for your support too, guys.
Pictures speak 1000 words.  Buddy looks close to the end in that pic :-\  At least he had his buddies with him.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
So sorry for your loss dustin.   :'(  I couldn't read the details - too sad.
:

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »

tl;dr version:
- dog died this weekend

Truly sorry for your loss dustin.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »
Dustin, I'm sorry for your loss. I know it is hard to lose a beloved pet.  :'(

Does anyone know what breed of dog lives the longest?  And which the shortest?  Years, ago, I recall hearing that little dogs live longer and the bigger the dog the shorter the lifespan.  Is that generally true?

Yes, smaller to medium sized dogs (like up to ~45lbs) generally live longer, as do females.  Giant breeds (like Great Danes) tend to live the shortest, as do smoosh faced breeds.  Mixed breeds tend to have fewer health issues overall.  Avoid the so-called "designer" breeds (like the doodles & tinys).  People seem to think you'll get the best of both breeds  ::)  You could end up with the worst of both.

:

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 11:07:28 AM »
sorry for your loss  :'(

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
Dustin, as a person who grew up with dogs and seen them die, I give you my condolences.  Take care bud

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »
My dog died after finals of my senior year were finished, and I buried her at a pet cemetary 2 days before I walked for graduation.  A fraternity brother made fun of me for being so upset about my dog.  I knocked him out cold.

Excellent

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »
Beautiful dog,

PIP & RIP...

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »
Excellent

He actually joked that because my dog was a female, that it was my first piece of ass.

He met his first piece of fist.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2012, 01:44:14 PM »
Sorry for your loss Dustin. It's always rough when they go like that.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »
He actually joked that because my dog was a female, that it was my first piece of ass.

He met his first piece of fist.
That is one badass line right there.  Getbig shirt!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »
Dogs > (mexican, indian and chinese people)

fixed for racism

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »
13 years is about 91 dog years correct?  That is a long life for a dog.  PIP furry one.  Are you going to look to adopt a new dog?  You won't be able to replace him, but that shouldn't be the plan either.  You should help out a homeless little fur ball and give him a home and lots of love.