Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 25, 2014, 05:36:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 2383 times)
Necrosis
Getbig V

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »

name the exact location of the bolded peice of information, bro.

I don't understand how there is code found within the math of superstring theory, but your proposal that the error code has been inserted to block loss of information sounds... theistic to say the least  Grin Regarding belief in this or that theory of reality- ofcourse nothing should be accepted without evidence. I don't have much to add to this debate, so i'm glad you ceased writing your run-on sentences and psuedophilosophical garbage.

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110922/full/news.2011.554.html
this is the first occasion, it has been replicated although they won't have firm conclusions until all the data is in, apparently it will take a year or more to sift through all of the data. Neutrinos travel faster then light, no one knows how yet, at least to my knowledge.

It sounds theistic but the proposal is that humans are behind this, although it doesn't really answer any questions. It doesn't have god at the end of it like you want Cheesy. i mean god works in mysterious way could be changed to god is a computer nerd.
Report to moderator   Logged
LurkerNoMore
Getbig V

Tossing sand in your Va-Jay-Jay

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 06:55:39 AM »

Many people believe that God is eternal...that He always existed and always will.

why is it a "he"?  And anything that exists has to originate from something, somewhere.
avxo
Getbig V

You've given me multiple traumatic brain injuries!

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 12:30:38 AM »

Many people believe that God is eternal...that He always existed and always will.

People used to believe that the sun moved around the earth.
People used to believe that blood-letting helped bring balance to the body and cured disease.
People used to believe that having your picture taken would cause you to lose a part of your soul.

Beliefs are useless when held in the absence of evidence - and evil when held contrary to evidence.

So some people believe "God is eternal." So what? Since when is truth something that's up to a vote? Besides, I'll bet you money that many of those people who believe that can't answer the simple question "what is it that you believe in?" and the inevitable follow-ups "what is this God you speak of?" and "how did you gain this knowledge?"
Necrosis
Getbig V

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 06:23:11 AM »

why is it a "he"?  And anything that exists has to originate from something, somewhere.

that makes no sense, it creates an infinite regress, no philosopher nor person of intelligence agrees with an uncaused cause.

something has to be eternal, ie always existed.
haider
Getbig V

Team Batman Squats

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110922/full/news.2011.554.html
this is the first occasion, it has been replicated although they won't have firm conclusions until all the data is in, apparently it will take a year or more to sift through all of the data. Neutrinos travel faster then light, no one knows how yet, at least to my knowledge.

It sounds theistic but the proposal is that humans are behind this, although it doesn't really answer any questions. It doesn't have god at the end of it like you want Cheesy. i mean god works in mysterious way could be changed to god is a computer nerd.
Grin

the neutrino speed has pretty much been explained...it was attributable an error caused by faulty wiring of GPS

Error Undoes Faster-Than-Light Neutrino Results
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2012/02/breaking-news-error-undoes-faster.html

According to sources familiar with the experiment, the 60 nanoseconds discrepancy appears to come from a bad connection between a fiber optic cable that connects to the GPS receiver used to correct the timing of the neutrinos' flight and an electronic card in a computer. After tightening the connection and then measuring the time it takes data to travel the length of the fiber, researchers found that the data arrive 60 nanoseconds earlier than assumed. Since this time is subtracted from the overall time of flight, it appears to explain the early arrival of the neutrinos. New data, however, will be needed to confirm this hypothesis.

follow the arrows
Necrosis
Getbig V

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 04:41:43 PM »

Grin

the neutrino speed has pretty much been explained...it was attributable an error caused by faulty wiring of GPS

Error Undoes Faster-Than-Light Neutrino Results
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2012/02/breaking-news-error-undoes-faster.html

According to sources familiar with the experiment, the 60 nanoseconds discrepancy appears to come from a bad connection between a fiber optic cable that connects to the GPS receiver used to correct the timing of the neutrinos' flight and an electronic card in a computer. After tightening the connection and then measuring the time it takes data to travel the length of the fiber, researchers found that the data arrive 60 nanoseconds earlier than assumed. Since this time is subtracted from the overall time of flight, it appears to explain the early arrival of the neutrinos. New data, however, will be needed to confirm this hypothesis.

interesting, I was unaware of this. So you are worth more then a shwarma pita.
haider
Getbig V

Team Batman Squats

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »

interesting, I was unaware of this. So you are worth more then a shwarma pita.
Roll Eyes

follow the arrows
Necrosis
Getbig V

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »

Roll Eyes

stay on topic.
LurkerNoMore
Getbig V

Tossing sand in your Va-Jay-Jay

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »

that makes no sense, it creates an infinite regress, no philosopher nor person of intelligence agrees with an uncaused cause.

something has to be eternal, ie always existed.

Then it had to come from somewhere.  Oxygen on this planet has always existed.  Where does it come from?
Necrosis
Getbig V

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02:20 PM »

Then it had to come from somewhere.  Oxygen on this planet has always existed.  Where does it come from?

this is not correct, nothing from logic to science demands that something had to be created. Not one avenue leads to that conclusion.
avxo
Getbig V

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 01:43:21 AM »

Then it had to come from somewhere.  Oxygen on this planet has always existed.  Where does it come from?

Butterbean
Getbig V

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »

Don't agree w/anything that exists has to orignate from something, somewhere.

As for God being a "he"....it's my understanding that usually God is referred to in the bible w/a masculine word so that's why most people refer to Him as a "he."  He is also referred to as "Father" in the Bible.  I had a gal tell me that the word(s) referring to God in the Bible most often mean "parent," but in a brief study, I don't think that is true. God is actually Spirit, so it's not like he exactly is a man, scratching himself while watching TV.

R
Butterbean
Getbig V

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »

People used to believe that the sun moved around the earth.
People used to believe that blood-letting helped bring balance to the body and cured disease.
People used to believe that having your picture taken would cause you to lose a part of your soul.

Beliefs are useless when held in the absence of evidence - and evil when held contrary to evidence.

So some people believe "God is eternal." So what? Since when is truth something that's up to a vote? Besides, I'll bet you money that many of those people who believe that can't answer the simple question "what is it that you believe in?" and the inevitable follow-ups "what is this God you speak of?" and "how did you gain this knowledge?"

Not sure what you mean when is truth something that's up to a vote?

Are you saying people don't vote for representatives that they believe hold their concepts of truth (ie: a baby in the womb is a person or a mass of tissue etc)?

Or are you saying that you believe God is not eternal so that is "truth?"  If you don't want to believe God is eternal, that's up to you.  I was just answering someone's question by telling him some people do believe God is eternal. 

R
avxo
Getbig V

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »

Not sure what you mean when is truth something that's up to a vote?

I mean that the truth is the truth. Even if six billion people believed that unicorns were real, it still wouldn't make unicorns real. Belief has no bearing on reality.

Are you saying people don't vote for representatives that they believe hold their concepts of truth (ie: a baby in the womb is a person or a mass of tissue etc)?

People can (and do) vote using whatever criteria they feel are appropriate; often time that's no criteria at all! I don't particularly care about that, although I personally thing that it's stupid.

Or are you saying that you believe God is not eternal so that is "truth?"  If you don't want to believe God is eternal, that's up to you.  I was just answering someone's question by telling him some people do believe God is eternal.

You said that "Many people believe that God is eternal...that He always existed and always will." That's what I was answering by pointing out that the number of people who believe that is irrelevant because their beliefs, no matter how sincere and fervently held, don't alter reality. That is, if the Christian deity doesn't exist (and I don't believe it does, but that's irrelevant) no amount of believers will cause it to magically pop into existence.
Butterbean
Getbig V

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2012, 07:26:50 AM »

I mean that the truth is the truth. Even if six billion people believed that unicorns were real, it still wouldn't make unicorns real. Belief has no bearing on reality.

People can (and do) vote using whatever criteria they feel are appropriate; often time that's no criteria at all! I don't particularly care about that, although I personally thing that it's stupid.

You said that "Many people believe that God is eternal...that He always existed and always will." That's what I was answering by pointing out that the number of people who believe that is irrelevant because their beliefs, no matter how sincere and fervently held, don't alter reality. That is, if the Christian deity doesn't exist (and I don't believe it does, but that's irrelevant) no amount of believers will cause it to magically pop into existence.
I agree w/all of this.

But I also believe that God is real and Eternal.  Just to clarify ...I realize that me believing it doesn't "make" it true....but I believe it's true Smiley

R
OzmO
Getbig V

Take Money Out of Politics!

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 07:30:02 AM »

The tree doesn't make a sound unless we hear it.
Butterbean
Getbig V

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 07:34:02 AM »

By "we" do you mean humans?

R
OzmO
Getbig V

Take Money Out of Politics!

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:34 AM »

By "we" do you mean humans?

Yeah
avxo
Getbig V

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »

Now that is an interesting topic of discussion. Whether this statement is true or not would, ultimately, hinge on how exactly one defines "sound"? In other words, is it the actual vibrations that travel through the air? Or is it the interaction of those vibrations with one's tympanic membrane?
DKlent
Getbig III

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »

Yes

No
Butterbean
Getbig V

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2012, 03:04:53 PM »

Yeah

What if an animal heard it?

R
Necrosis
Getbig V

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2012, 07:17:17 AM »

What if an animal heard it?

animals dont have souls Roll Eyes
Butterbean
Getbig V

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »

Are you saying if an animal hears it, but not a human... it hasn't made a noise?

R
DKlent
Getbig III

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2012, 05:01:17 PM »

Humans included...
Necrosis
Getbig V

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2012, 05:22:46 AM »

Are you saying if an animal hears it, but not a human... it hasn't made a noise?

I'm arsing around stella old girl.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!