Author Topic: Is ipop a scam?  (Read 2506 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Is ipop a scam?
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:45:31 AM »
So, I have this friend (yeah, on the real) that is doing this ipop thing to be an actress and she goes to their school, takes headshots, etc. And apparently there is this trip to California for a convention to meet agents and auditions.
Now, apparently she and her mother have been shelling out money, and she needs money to go on this trip, and she asks for sponsors...
That raised red flags to me (especially when she asked me to sponsor her) anytime companies ask for money, and you are paying out the ass, it is a scam and a bait and switch type deal. This company is under John Robert Powers, and I have been doing some reading on it...
To me, if you want to be an actress/actor and you are in town, one should audition at the local theatre and learn the art/craft of acting. And perfect it. Then get an agent. There are millions of people who are great actors but are not on screen, yet this company promises that kids and adults can bypass,  and be "discovered"...

Scams like these and inventhelp are bait and switch---they prey on the starry-eyed and those who want an easy way to get a result.