Author Topic: people who commit suicide... are they really cowards....  (Read 10007 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: people who commit suicide... are they really cowards....
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »
nah suicide don't = hell, I don't think.

the bible isn't too clear about it, I don't think.
Denominations and religion is notorious for preaching hell for people who commit suicide, but I have read the entire Bible many times and it does not say you will go to hell.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2012, 02:50:43 PM »
Or maybe just stupid.

I know what's going to happen "on the other side:" jack shit. Nothing. Non-existence.
I've been wondering, so you've been? How was it like in the astral plane...

It takes no effort to go "play in traffic"---walk in front of a bus, step in front of a subway.
It takes no effort to jump off a bridge, off of a roof...it takes no effort to jump into a tiger's cage...
All it takes is, want and then, bam! You do it.

Life, now that takes effort. Many people get fed up with the effort that life takes. Whether it be due to issues (women who have been raped sometimes have thoughts or acts of suicide), mental illness, loss of job, loss of loved ones, social and peer pressure. Living life especially with one hit after another, many people don't want to put the effort into living...they want the "game to be over", no more tokens.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »
OP, I disagree... Who cares what's on the otherside?  You'll never know till you get there and death in an inevitability anyway.  So in reality, crossing over to the other side has an equal chance of being amazing just as it could be horrid.

People don't just "choose" to end their life.  They give up because they can't deal with life.  Who was the last stress free, happy, well off person that you knew to just go ahead and end their life because they were curious?  I'm going to guess that there is no one you know like this because people who are enjoying life don't usually contemplate much the thought of ending it.

Death is the easy way out.  Life is hard.  Remember, the measure of a person is better determined not by what happens to them in life but by how they react to the things that happen to them.

Many "well off" people have depression and think about suicide. But very few talk about it. And in a lot of cases its not the fact that they can't deal with life outside of them but don't like what is in their head. In some cases life outside the head is the easy part.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »
What a release, to just fall asleep and never wake up again.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2012, 07:32:19 AM »
I think only Catholics believe this.

As a Catholic I was not taught this. I think traditionally it was taught though.

theheman

• Getbig III
  • Her tetas were shaped like little pointy tortillas
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2012, 09:14:52 AM »
I personally have admiration for people who can just end their own lives.  It's really a courageous act.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »
Life, now that takes effort. Many people get fed up with the effort that life takes. Whether it be due to issues, mental illness, loss of job, loss of loved ones, social and peer pressure ... Living life, especially with one hit after another, many people don't want to put the effort into living ... they want the "game' to be over. No more tokens.

Exactly. And it's every individual's right to do as he chooses.

I hate when people say, in objection to suicide, that, Well, it takes guts and effort to live.

Perhaps the person doesn't want to give the effort simply because he doesn't enjoy life. This is fair enough.

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2012, 09:42:11 AM »
Many "well off" people have depression and think about suicide. But very few talk about it. And in a lot of cases its not the fact that they can't deal with life outside of them but don't like what is in their head. In some cases life outside the head is the easy part.
I agree with this, life in its physical form is easy, physical strains and pain is nothing in comparison to mental stress and pain

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »
What a release, to just fall asleep and never wake up again.

^^
I was told by a Priest who believed in exorcism that is how people end up as ghosts, they do not know they died- they end up walking their familiar "grounds" forever.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
Priests have all kinds of silly beliefs.