Author Topic: anybody ever try ultra-lo cals while "on"?  (Read 54248 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
anybody ever try ultra-lo cals while "on"?
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »
I remember reading an excerpt from Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty Journal where he talked about gaining 7 or 8 pounds of lean muscle tissue over the course of 3 or 4 weeks while on an ultra-low calorie diet (800-1000 cals daily), so I'm just wondering if any of you fellas have tried an ultra-lo cal diet while "on" and what your results were?

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: anybody ever try ultra-lo cals while "on"?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:49:31 PM »
I remember reading an excerpt from Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty Journal where he talked about gaining 7 or 8 pounds of lean muscle tissue over the course of 3 or 4 weeks while on an ultra-low calorie diet (800-1000 cals daily), so I'm just wondering if any of you fellas have tried an ultra-lo cal diet while "on" and what your results were?
Ya I might have started a thread about it a couple years ago. I know you hear allot about being on hormones and diet not mattering but not for me. I still diet pretty perfect. Well I wanted to get in shape fast and did a no carb/low cal diet which would have otherwise stripped allot of muscle. But I knew the gear would keep my musclemass stable. Got in phenominal shape actually

Swlabr

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »
Yes, I'm doing it right now. I go from 1200 calories on off days to 1800 calories on workout days. It's pretty hard, but does the job well. I have a refeed once every 5 days or so -- I tend to go high protein/no carb/low fat.

Sector

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »
Yes, I'm doing it right now. I go from 1200 calories on off days to 1800 calories on workout days. It's pretty hard, but does the job well. I have a refeed once every 5 days or so -- I tend to go high protein/no carb/low fat.

Are you gaining on that Swlabr? Or is your goal to cut down.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »
It does 'work' to help you maintain more, but you'll feel like dying.
YOU WILL NOT GROW ANY. First grow, then diet.

PS. Mentzer was on everything, not just on one steroid.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
I'm guilty of not always getting enough cals in. I eat three times a day square meals and a few snacks. If I eat to much I tend to gain fat. I just don't have the appetite.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 04:02:45 PM »

I wish there was some sort of formula to the amount needed to maintain what you've gained through "bulking". So lets say if you used 2 grams a week while gaining would you still need the same amount to maintain while dieting or how much less could you get away with?

Swlabr

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
Are you gaining on that Swlabr? Or is your goal to cut down.

Don't think so, but I've read that you can still gain muscle on a caloric deficit when on trenbolone. I haven't really noticed much, just that I get leaner day by day.

It's very, very hard. Add 45 minutes cardio/day while being low on calories and you're basically tired all the time. I actually cheated every single day for the past three days because I couldn't handle being that depleted. Gained a lot of water, which will be gone once I'm back into it for a few days.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »
It's very, very hard. Add 45 minutes cardio/day while being low on calories and you're basically tired all the time. I actually cheated every single day for the past three days because I couldn't handle being that depleted. Gained a lot of water, which will be gone once I'm back into it for a few days.

Bro, on that low amount of cals I wouldn't be doing any cardio at all. If anything that shit will just make you more hungry.

Sector

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »
Bro, on that low amount of cals I wouldn't be doing any cardio at all. If anything that shit will just make you more hungry.

Haha yea cardio on low cals definatly does make you starve but to be honest, when your carb depleted and doing cardo post workout, your shred up soooo much faster.

Im curious why go low calorie though? Nowdays I just add in T3 and keep the cals around 3k. Lets me get a balance of nutrients in but still be in a nasty deficit depending on dose.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
Don't think so, but I've read that you can still gain muscle on a caloric deficit when on trenbolone. I haven't really noticed much, just that I get leaner day by day.

Ya the water is just rebound and you piss it out quickly once your back on the diet. How much protein you taking in Swaly? I was actually still getting stronger even will the restricted calories my protein was high though

Swlabr

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
Ya the water is just rebound and you piss it out quickly once your back on the diet. How much protein you taking in Swaly? I was actually still getting stronger even will the restricted calories my protein was high though

Probably around 220 grams/day.

Yeah, I get stronger each workout. It's the trenbolone. ;D

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
I cannot grow in a caloric deficit, even on drugs that are supposedly capable of this.
I have a raging fast metabolism and fight for every pound I gain.
I once did a cycle of primo @ 500mg per week, test @ 250, and D-bol @ 50mg per day.
I starved myself, basically skipped breakfast and lunch, kind of like the warrior diet.
I would have aminos in the daytime, and try to hold on as long as I could without eating.
By the time I was really starving, it  was 5-6pm, and I would eat a very nutrient dense
and filling meal. Even though I hadn't eaten all day, I couldn't fit that much food in my stomach.
So even if I had some cookies and ice cream after that last big meal, my total cals were nothing.
I'm guessing maybe 1500-2000 cals (extremely low for me). I honestly need about 4500 cals to gain any weight at all.

I had never been so lean and vascular. I was doing a little cardio here and there, maybe 30-45 minutes 2-3x per week.
If I competed, I think I could have been show ready with 2 more weeks of eating like that.
For me, that diet is much easier than the contest diets I see guys talking about.
It is easy for me to not eat most of the day, I easily get focused on tasks and if I stay busy, I won't eat.
I get starving the second I slow down and relax. I will pig out like I mentioned above, and I am full for the rest of the night
until bed. It works for me because I don't have to sacrifice any food. If I want pizza, I make that the pigout meal.
Stims in the morning really help too.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
I cannot grow in a caloric deficit, even on drugs that are supposedly capable of this.
I have a raging fast metabolism and fight for every pound I gain.
I once did a cycle of primo @ 500mg per week, test @ 250, and D-bol @ 50mg per day.
I starved myself, basically skipped breakfast and lunch, kind of like the warrior diet.
I would have aminos in the daytime, and try to hold on as long as I could without eating.
By the time I was really starving, it  was 5-6pm, and I would eat a very nutrient dense
and filling meal. Even though I hadn't eaten all day, I couldn't fit that much food in my stomach.
So even if I had some cookies and ice cream after that last big meal, my total cals were nothing.
I'm guessing maybe 1500-2000 cals (extremely low for me). I honestly need about 4500 cals to gain any weight at all.

I had never been so lean and vascular. I was doing a little cardio here and there, maybe 30-45 minutes 2-3x per week.
If I competed, I think I could have been show ready with 2 more weeks of eating like that.
For me, that diet is much easier than the contest diets I see guys talking about.
It is easy for me to not eat most of the day, I easily get focused on tasks and if I stay busy, I won't eat.
I get starving the second I slow down and relax. I will pig out like I mentioned above, and I am full for the rest of the night
until bed. It works for me because I don't have to sacrifice any food. If I want pizza, I make that the pigout meal.
Stims in the morning really help too.

I eat in a very similar way and its def working.

3 eggs, some almonds, coffee and water

two turkey patties, apple and water

ANYTHING I WANT FOR DINNER.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
I TOOK BUSELMOS ADVICE & STARVED MYSELF & JUST KEPT UPPINzg THE DOSE. SO FAR SO GOOD. UP 25LBS, LOST FAT & DRIER.

EAT ABOUT 1200-1400 CAL WITH A CHEAT MEAL ONCE A WEEK.

I LOOK FULLER. WHY?

600MG PRIMO & TREN A. SOON PRIMO GOES TO 900MG.

IM VEINIER & STRONGER. WHY?

TREN, VAR, HALO.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

godeep

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 08:58:24 PM »
I'm cruising right now between cycles and taking peptides. I start again in May and have been considering a going keto for a couple of weeks along with some fasting cardio daily to try to cut as much bodyfat before I get back on fully.
l

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 12:33:07 AM »
What your diet looks like?

I TOOK BUSELMOS ADVICE & STARVED MYSELF & JUST KEPT UPPINzg THE DOSE. SO FAR SO GOOD. UP 25LBS, LOST FAT & DRIER.

EAT ABOUT 1200-1400 CAL WITH A CHEAT MEAL ONCE A WEEK.

I LOOK FULLER. WHY?

600MG PRIMO & TREN A. SOON PRIMO GOES TO 900MG.

IM VEINIER & STRONGER. WHY?

TREN, VAR, HALO.
Same question to you, what your diet looks like?

tupiniskin

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 05:19:49 AM »
I'll try starve myself some day.  ;D

nosleep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 06:03:17 AM »

250 PRO
20 FAT
0-25 CARB
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

thebdog

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »

250 PRO
20 FAT
0-25 CARB

youve gained 25lbs only eating this??. crazy bro. impressed.

Swlabr

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 06:53:35 AM »

Basically same as nosleep, but I carb up twice a week with 250 grams carbs. Wednesdays and Saturdays I do this (off days) and Sunday I go 0 carb. The other days I have 25 grams PWO.

Low fat, high protein, carbs cycled basically.

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 06:57:42 AM »
I must have a shit response to hormones. I wouldn't gain one lb. on tren eating like that.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 07:03:16 AM »
youve gained 25lbs only eating this??. crazy bro. impressed.

IN ALL FAIRNESS I WAS CRUISING ON 250 TEST, 2IU NOVO & DIDN'T LIFT BEFORE. CAUSE OF INJURY. NOW IM ON 2.5G OF THE FINEST GEAR.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 07:03:44 AM »
I'm guilty of not always getting enough cals in. I eat three times a day square meals and a few snacks. If I eat to much I tend to gain fat. I just don't have the appetite.

I have zero appetite bro, two meals a day and i don't want to eat anymore.

This really slowed my gains i think lol

Near my genetic limit now and playing with real low doses, surprised at how much more forgiving my body is with a little gear in it.
Trans Milkshake.

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 07:04:13 AM »
Swlabr read PM bro  8)