Author Topic: anybody ever try ultra-lo cals while "on"?  (Read 54410 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: anybody ever try ultra-lo cals while "on"?
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 04:56:02 AM »
IMO you need to make progress in your training, and if you don't then you will stay the same ie. look the same (even when chemicals coursing through your veins)

for example, can you really get bigger quads using the same weight for the same reps? i think not, but i'm new to the chemical aspect of it all, so maybe i'll discover some "new truth" and that truth being just keep squatting 135 for 5 sets of 10 reps and then volia! quads like Platz ;D ;D ;D

lm

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 05:00:19 AM »
I cannot grow in a caloric deficit, even on drugs that are supposedly capable of this.
I have a raging fast metabolism and fight for every pound I gain.
I once did a cycle of primo @ 500mg per week, test @ 250, and D-bol @ 50mg per day.
I starved myself, basically skipped breakfast and lunch, kind of like the warrior diet.
I would have aminos in the daytime, and try to hold on as long as I could without eating.
By the time I was really starving, it  was 5-6pm, and I would eat a very nutrient dense
and filling meal. Even though I hadn't eaten all day, I couldn't fit that much food in my stomach.
So even if I had some cookies and ice cream after that last big meal, my total cals were nothing.
I'm guessing maybe 1500-2000 cals (extremely low for me). I honestly need about 4500 cals to gain any weight at all.

I had never been so lean and vascular. I was doing a little cardio here and there, maybe 30-45 minutes 2-3x per week.
If I competed, I think I could have been show ready with 2 more weeks of eating like that.
For me, that diet is much easier than the contest diets I see guys talking about.
It is easy for me to not eat most of the day, I easily get focused on tasks and if I stay busy, I won't eat.
I get starving the second I slow down and relax. I will pig out like I mentioned above, and I am full for the rest of the night
until bed. It works for me because I don't have to sacrifice any food. If I want pizza, I make that the pigout meal.
Stims in the morning really help too.

This is exactly what works for me. It's effortless, I miss nothing, I have amazing clarity of mind during the day and I lose more visceral fat than any other way.

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 05:20:38 AM »
Buselmo, who are your favorite powerlifter's and strongmen (WSM)?

;D

the strong fat one... LOL

IMO you need to make progress in your training, and if you don't then you will stay the same ie. look the same (even when chemicals coursing through your veins)

for example, can you really get bigger quads using the same weight for the same reps? i think not, but i'm new to the chemical aspect of it all, so maybe i'll discover some "new truth" and that truth being just keep squatting 135 for 5 sets of 10 reps and then volia! quads like Platz ;D ;D ;D

do 5 sets of 10 reps with 135 lbs while focusing on the quads and resting 60 seconds between sets...
then 2 weeks later, do the same but with 45 seconds rest between sets
then 2 weeks later, do the same but with 30 seconds rest
then 2 weeks later, do the same but with 3-5 deep breaths for rest between sets

progression doesn't always mean heavier weights... infact, increasing the weights all the time is a sure fire way to get injured.
plats had great quads... but most of you don't realize that it wasn't his quads that were the true stand out points... it was his enormous fucking hamstrings. look at any picture of platz, cover the hamstring that sticks out of his inner area of the thighs with your finger, then look at the quads... not so special...
it's also another homoerotic way to pretend to play with his kok... LOL (no hamstring) :p

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 05:25:59 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2012, 05:28:07 AM »
the strong fat one... LOL

do 5 sets of 10 reps with 135 lbs while focusing on the quads and resting 60 seconds between sets...
then 2 weeks later, do the same but with 45 seconds rest between sets
then 2 weeks later, do the same but with 30 seconds rest
then 2 weeks later, do the same but with 3-5 deep breaths for rest between sets

progression doesn't always mean heavier weights... infact, increasing the weights all the time is a sure fire way to get injured.
plats had great quads... but most of you don't realize that it wasn't his quads that were the true stand out points... it was his enormous fucking hamstrings. look at any picture of platz, cover the hamstring that sticks out of his inner area of the thighs with your finger, then look at the quads... not so special...
it's also another homoerotic way to pretend to play with his kok... LOL (no hamstring) :p

fair enough man, and the whole point of my post was that PROGRESS is the key, and progress can come about in more ways than one (ie. one way to progress is to train with heavier and heavier training loads, and another way to progress is to perform more reps with the same weight)

it's all about PROGRESS brother

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 06:19:54 AM »

fair enough man, and the whole point of my post was that PROGRESS is the key, and progress can come about in more ways than one (ie. one way to progress is to train with heavier and heavier training loads, and another way to progress is to perform more reps with the same weight)

it's all about PROGRESS brother

Friend of my old man has been squatting with two plates a side for about 5 years, his quads are his best bodypart.

Past a certain point of load i'm not sure that it needs to be progressive, remember we are talking about the muscles taking the emphasis and not tendons, ligaments, joints and ten other bodypats.

I do prefer to keep adding weight to exercises personally though. As long as my form is strict and i can feel the movement.
Trans Milkshake.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 07:14:40 AM »
I knew a guy back in the 80`s named Jack Kousaris.............he won Mr. Greece,competed in the NABBA Universe,tons of contests in Mass. and on the east coast, etc. etc.

He would take 135 and squat 20 reps,then 155 for 20,then 175 for 20,and so on, until he got up to around 225 and got as many as possible up to 20 reps if he could by that time.

His quads were fucking insanely developed.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 07:31:12 AM »
I knew a guy back in the 80`s named Jack Kousaris.............he won Mr. Greece,competed in the NABBA Universe,tons of contests in Mass. and on the east coast, etc. etc.

He would take 135 and squat 20 reps,then 155 for 20,then 175 for 20,and so on, until he got up to around 225 and got as many as possible up to 20 reps if he could by that time.

His quads were fucking insanely developed.

did you ever cross paths with any of those NABBA figure hotties ;D ;D ;D

OMG! them females are ACE, so fucking hot they are :P :P :P

rambo_john

• Getbig I
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 04:29:16 PM »
What king of training split do you like Buselmo?

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »
I'm currently running triblend eq and 5iu of hgh, 0 carbs. Starving myself through the day only eating 0 Cal jello and dietsoda / crystal light with a few cheese sticks and pepperoni sticks before training and cheese eggwhites meat, whatever that's low - no carbs post workout, maybe 1500 cals on a filling day and I'm holding all my mass possibly even gaining a little. The greatest part is its easy as fuck to do. Off days I starve till 5-6 and eat whatever for a meal or 2

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2012, 04:55:55 PM »
I'm currently running triblend eq and 5iu of hgh, 0 carbs. Starving myself through the day only eating 0 Cal jello and dietsoda / crystal light with a few cheese sticks and pepperoni sticks before training and cheese eggwhites meat, whatever that's low - no carbs post workout, maybe 1500 cals on a filling day and I'm holding all my mass possibly even gaining a little. The greatest part is its easy as fuck to do. Off days I starve till 5-6 and eat whatever for a meal or 2

how long have you been following this lo-cal diet?

and what was your starting level of bodyfat, and what is your current level of bodyfat?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »

Serioulsy doubt that, and very interested to see how long you can pull this off. I predict not long, then you will binge like mad and start over from square 1. A bit harsh yes, but it's the truth. Why put yourself on a chick diet of 1500 cals?
?

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »
Serioulsy doubt that, and very interested to see how long you can pull this off. I predict not long, then you will binge like mad and start over from square 1. A bit harsh yes, but it's the truth. Why put yourself on a chick diet of 1500 cals?
On it for a week no problems, and its very easy to control cravings with caffeine. Also I'm new to hormones so why don't you take your generic thoughts on what it takes to gain mass somewhere else.

Refeeds every 4 days

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »
i love it!

not trying to sound lazy but damn was i over thinking the fawk out of EVERYTHING :o

train intensely/feel the muscle work not your ego, eat decent, dont have to eat ridiculously "clean" with nothing but fish and veggies, and last but surely not least....INJECT HORMONES :D

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2012, 11:18:25 PM »
What king of training split do you like Buselmo?

sat&tue
chest, triceps, deltoids
sun&wed
back, biceps, forearms
mon
legs, calves

I do around 30 minutes of cardio right after working out... sometimes i skip legs and just go do cardio... don't care about having "big" legs... just want them to be proportional. big legs are meant for chicks, not men. cardio seems to be the best thing to keep leg size and keep my calves pumped and they go back to their max size... training calves just does absolutely nothing for me.
cardio is usually 3.2-3.5 mph on the treadmill with 15% incline. brings my heart rate up to 145-150 bpm

abs i do whenever i feel like i have spare time in the gym... usually 2-3 times per week... but I've tried doing them almost everyday and that's when i got the best results... rope crunches... all day long!

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
no need to eat more than 3k calories unless you are going for a mutant look using tons of slin. i get better pumps, feel better and i believe my gains are better when i keep my calories low due to increasing insulin sensitivity and priming the body into an environment where it actually wants to utilize calories for anabolism rather than palumboism.

hard to resist eating tons of junk food though.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »
On it for a week no problems, and its very easy to control cravings with caffeine. Also I'm new to hormones so why don't you take your generic thoughts on what it takes to gain mass somewhere else.

Refeeds every 4 days

ok, so you've been on this for a mere 7 days and make the claim in increased muscle mass while on a bird diet of 1500 cals? Ya don't know much about this shit, do you?

But hey, live and let fail as you will discover champ.
?

rambo_john

• Getbig I
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2012, 01:51:04 PM »
Thanks man.

I just made up a split for myself with opposing muscles groups each day so that I can superset every single exercise (back/chest, legs/core, Shoulders/arms).

You can't really superset with your split can you? You can take short rests though, but the weight have to drop significantly after each set..

sat&tue
chest, triceps, deltoids
sun&wed
back, biceps, forearms
mon
legs, calves

I do around 30 minutes of cardio right after working out... sometimes i skip legs and just go do cardio... don't care about having "big" legs... just want them to be proportional. big legs are meant for chicks, not men. cardio seems to be the best thing to keep leg size and keep my calves pumped and they go back to their max size... training calves just does absolutely nothing for me.
cardio is usually 3.2-3.5 mph on the treadmill with 15% incline. brings my heart rate up to 145-150 bpm

abs i do whenever i feel like i have spare time in the gym... usually 2-3 times per week... but I've tried doing them almost everyday and that's when i got the best results... rope crunches... all day long!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
sat&tue
chest, triceps, deltoids
sun&wed
back, biceps, forearms
mon
legs, calves

is that you Singerman?
?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2012, 04:52:02 AM »
i find this a useful and fast way to get in shape, but i only do this after i was clean for a while.then it works best.

and you dont need to do any cardio.

metabolism didnt ever feel slower either.

you will feel suprisingly fresh for the first couple weeks, but later on you will feel terrible.

and then, when youre lean and start eating more, you will explode, but without becoming fat.

no refeed days, they stop the dieting process imo, if one has to really cheat to stand the diet, then do 1 big cheat meal every week or even less frequent.

i went from a fatty, bloated 245lbs to the 210lbs in the profile pics in a couple months.

but i will now be careful to not get too fat ever again, the diet was very hard, i dont feel like doing it ever again.i dont compete nor do i intend to, simply because i dont want to be on gear all the time.

i've been on superdrol for 4 weeks now, and my arms have gone up 1.25 inches on each arm, but my waist has also shot up 2 full inches

this has my freaked out and feeling like a fatass, but the thing is, i really don't look that much fatter

i've been force-feeding myself since "on" and i realize that a good part of these 2 inches on my waistline is the direct result of what a friend of mine used to call "food in the gut" meaning that this waist size gain isn't fat so much but more like dis-ententsion of the gut from being stuffed so full of food on a regular basis

Siimply

• Getbig II
  • You know I'm a dreamer but my heart's of gold
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2012, 05:58:32 AM »
I'm kind of "shocked" of what Buselmo said, it goes against the saying "get strong and you'll get big".

Can I apply this philosophy of training light but focus on the feeling if I'm not that strong to begin with ? I'm currently on my first test e / deca cycle (I had to stop it when I first started it due to personal reasons...) would I be able with these compounds to use light weights and still grow ?   hopefully I'll be able to stay on later on when I'll have the funds on a tren a combo.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »
Ya I might have started a thread about it a couple years ago. I know you hear allot about being on hormones and diet not mattering but not for me. I still diet pretty perfect. Well I wanted to get in shape fast and did a no carb/low cal diet which would have otherwise stripped allot of muscle. But I knew the gear would keep my musclemass stable. Got in phenominal shape actually

Didn't do much for your spelling though ...

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:14 AM »
diet, in the traditional sense with regards to bodybuilding, will be the cause of your demise. your limbs will look thin, your torso will look like a fridge, and you'll feel like absolute shit... but "it's part of the process! wait til you get there! you'll look great!"... bull-fucking-shit
i'm so pissed that it took me more than 10 years to figure this out...
1000-2000 cals is all you need to keep all your muscle and burn off a ton of fat til you reach 6%... if you stall, stop being a pussy by doing your "super duper ultra strict form HIT super heavy joint destroying" training, which consists of 1-3 working sets for a muscle group due to being afraid of overtraining... LOL...
if you're weight training for 45 minutes... do 60 minutes by adding more sets. don't kill your joints, leave the heavy training for the fat bozos who are 6' 300 lbs, squatting 600 lbs, proud of their flabby 20 inch arms, but fail to realize that they're at 30% fat and if they didn't have that barbell on their back and just walked down the street they'd look like your regular 7-11 big gulpers.
can you gain muscle off of low cals? depends on your dose (injectible, not oral)... eating 1500 cals and staying at 220 lbs 6% while on 2 grams of gear... up the gear to 3 grams... you won't be able to stay on 1500 cals... the hunger will kill you... that's why you eat 2000 cals... still low, but enough to gain off of.

I went from 84 kg at 15% or so to 88.5 kg at 7% (i think) by eating way below 2000 cals and under 200 grams of protein for 4 months. and no GH... how? long lay off... I was only using something like 1400 mg per week, and a shit ton of T3, clen, and E... still, that was the leanest and heaviest i've competed... and it wasn't my highest dose... because all the other times i've competed were under the "guidance" of other fucking idiots who wanted to make it "magical" by eating 6-8 meals a day, 300-400 grams of protein, and the shittiest tasting food ever...

right now?
750 - 1500 mg test per week (depends if i feel like injecting or not)... i'm 216 lbs at 12%... eating less than 60 grams of protein a day... between 2000-3000 cals of pure junk (I buy a redbull, chocolates, cheese pastries and caramel cupcakes in the morning and eat those from 7 am to 4 pm... at night i just go out with the wife and eat mcdonalds or shit)...
all the newbs in the gym (who are crowding the shit out of the place due to summer coming around the corner) keep asking me if i'm warming up and i say no this is how i train... 135 lb bench, 40 lb barbell curls, 20 lb db lateral raises... basically training like a girl... i wake up the next morning... and unlike the past 10 years, i actually wake up full, pumped, and looking like i just worked out (as opposed to looking as flat as a pancake with stringy limbs and my trainer telling me it's normal tolook like that cuz it's part of the process)... if i wanna get lean, i'd up the cardio, take in more fat burners and keep on increasing... wanna get bigger, up the dose and more food with accordance to my hunger...

seriously... 99% of you are afraid of trying this because it's against what you've learned. but what you learned is justa  acrock of shit to sell more supps and pay people to "train" you

naturals? pfff... just stop it... please... it's called bodybuilding... you wanna look like a bodybuilder, take drugs... other than that, it's called looking like a guy who went to the gym a couple of times... just swim, do push ups and pull ups, and eat a meal or two a day and you'll look almost the same as you do now.

don't you think upping the gear dose like that is a little reckless as far as health goes? You've been doing this a long time and I've learned a lot from you. I imagine you have monitored bloodwork and things like that. Can you talk a little about the health aspect in your experience of high doses and long term usage?

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »
the gear itself isn't what kills people: it's the sedentary lifestyle, lack of cardiovascular exercise, excessive calories, use of ancillary and recreational drugs. that's what ends up killing people. no one ever dies from steroids directly, if that was possible you'd see pros keeling over 5minutes after injecting 10grams of gear, which has never, ever, happened. there are higher death rates from injecting synthol than steroids.

even with oral abuse, which is the closest anyone will ever come to dying from steroids directly, no one dies from the tumors or cysts on the liver rupturing and the person bleeding to death. the discovery of the liver tumors always comes later after someone dies from heart disease, which is the greatest cause of death for bodybuilders. people are just lazy and a large part of why many people take roids to begin with.  

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2012, 08:56:11 AM »
the gear itself isn't what kills people: it's the sedentary lifestyle, lack of cardiovascular exercise, excessive calories, use of ancillary and recreational drugs. that's what ends up killing people. no one ever dies from steroids directly, if that was possible you'd see pros keeling over 5minutes after injecting 10grams of gear, which has never, ever, happened. there are higher death rates from injecting synthol than steroids.

even with oral abuse, which is the closest anyone will ever come to dying from steroids directly, no one dies from the tumors or cysts on the liver rupturing and the person bleeding to death. the discovery of the liver tumors always comes later after someone dies from heart disease, which is the greatest cause of death for bodybuilders. people are just lazy and a large part of why many people take roids to begin with.  

So then explain why cholesterol turns to shit when on AAS, but when natural and doing exactly everything you mentioned, it is totally fine? That sounds very gh15 like. Not all of us snort coke and take ancillaries every other day and take aas. Do you feel that low HDL doesn't matter?