Author Topic: Getting my first tattoo - any tattoo ideas?  (Read 35867 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Getting my first tattoo - any tattoo ideas?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 02:17:56 AM »
sleeve tatooes are gayer than an ann summers party invitation with NO GIRLS ALLOWED on the front

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 02:27:08 AM »
theres a lass in our gym, shes stunning,,,, absolutely cracking body, hour glass without an ounce of fat..

but shes covered head to foot, all pretty colours,, but she almost has a full suit, what a fucking waste, i always think, one day youl wake up in 20yrs time and be almost suicidal at the reflection in the mirror

in the same context, there was a scaffholder i used to work with who was in his 50's, started to loose his hair only to reveal a bulldog with union jack tattoed on the back of his head ( obv skinhead in his teens), he must feel stupid at that age taking his grandkids out for the day etc

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 02:40:45 AM »
theres a lass in our gym, shes stunning,,,, absolutely cracking body, hour glass without an ounce of fat..

but shes covered head to foot, all pretty colours,, but she almost has a full suit, what a fucking waste, i always think, one day youl wake up in 20yrs time and be almost suicidal at the reflection in the mirror

in the same context, there was a scaffholder i used to work with who was in his 50's, started to loose his hair only to reveal a bulldog with union jack tattoed on the back of his head ( obv skinhead in his teens), he must feel stupid at that age taking his grandkids out for the day etc

Hahaha true, i'm yet to meet someone who is the same person/into the same thing when they are 50 as when they were 10 lol

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 03:33:30 AM »
"Getting my first tattoo - any tattoo ideas"?

If you have to ask this question to random people on a web forum, its prolly a good idea not to even get one.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 05:36:21 AM »

If you have to ask this question to random people on a web forum, its prolly a good idea not to even get one.
THIS

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 05:37:49 AM »

Spot on.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 05:41:05 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much about what you have. If you live a while it will eventually look like a blob of faded blue shit anyway.
O

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 05:52:48 AM »
The pharaoh pic you linked to is way too dark. It will be impossible to see any detail in it. Go to the library (more than once) and look over books and books of art, and any topic that you are interested in. If you see something you like take the book over to the copier and pay the 10 cents. After getting a shitload of pictures that you feel your REALLY like then go through them and start purging out ones that don't look so good.
As far as the comments about 20 years from now they look like a blob, not true. I have had many of mine for over 20 years and I get compliments all the time on them. And tattoo's inviting trouble, not true. But they are for life. They are much more accepted now then when I began getting them. 4 years ago I was promoted to corporate manager of a Fortune 500 company with full sleeves and other visable ink. I honestly did not think when I got all the ink I would make it this far because of them but I made the choice.
I totally understand the negative remarks, it is really hard for people that are not into them to think they are a good idea.
Oh and that "lass" at the gym in the body suit, please send me a pic, I love tatted women!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 05:53:43 AM »
Don't overthink it.  Go out, get roaring drunk, and just pick something really big.  I guarantee you will be happy with your choice.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 05:55:06 AM »
This

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 06:04:44 AM »
I heard the artist will only charge you $20 for this tattoo.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 06:10:59 AM »

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »
or this

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 06:19:21 AM »
This

I`ve got that tattooed on my left forearm.

Can you say douche move?  :D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »
NO.  Do not get that.  You will be making a fool of yourself.  You would be mixing Roman/Greek and Egyptian Mythologies. 

Anubis is the Egyptian God of the Underworld.  Cerberus (the dogs) is the Greek Guardian of Hades.  Do you see where this is going? 

Now, instead of using Anubis with the dogs, you could use Hermanubis, who was a Greek combination of Hermes and Anubis.  Anubis later became Osiris by the way.  Use Hermanubis and make him hold the chain of one dog but with three heads (Cerberus).  But, before you do anything like that, study and know your Egyptian and Greek mythology, the tattoo's and symbolism will mean a lot more to you.  You might also find out what they really mean and see if the whole thing even fits you.

But don't use Anubis with Cerberus.  Cerberus being a Greek creation or myth, would conflict with Anubis.  The Greeks thought the Egyptians were primitive and ridiculous because their deities wore animal headdresses.  So putting an Egyptian God with a Greek myth offshoot (the dogs) wouldn't make much since.  It would be like getting a tattoo of Jesus fighting Hades when it should be Satan.  See what I'm saying? 

Now, I know the dogs your posting are not necessarily Cerberus, but those dogs are an offshoot of that, especially with Anubis holding the chains or like your wanting it to be.  Study your mythology closely.

I'm Thoth, the God of Wisdom adorning the Baboon headdress, but I like to think of myself as a Vanilla-Gorilla ;) with some serious wisdom, HAHAHAHAHAHA
Hi Plato!

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 06:50:56 AM »
Could have been worse Tim

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 06:51:26 AM »
I haven`t been plastered in years!  :D

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 06:57:41 AM »
Pretty sure if you are on here asking GetBig members what to get for a tattoo, you are are about to get a terrible, regrettable ink job. So go for it man, that awesome tribal you picked out will look great ;D

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »
getting my first tat, i dont want some dumb shit so im gonna get a half sleeve on my left arm..

i want someting that looks badass, not some gay pussy shit.  but i dont want something that will draw too much attention at work or make me look like a thug...

i was thinking about going with an egyptian thing,,get the egyptian cross,,,a big pharrow head on the side delt,,maybe with a skull in it instead of the basic one,,,,and maybe this but im unsure about it...

basically instead of a reaper holding two pittbulls (too gangster looking),,,maybe the greek god anabius holding two pittbulls...

so something like this,,,but without the reaper

http://www.jfpint.net/ws073.jpg

insert this guy
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gU35NYv82tg/TmpqVytvgYI/AAAAAAAAJbI/9sn18T4ZwDw/s1600/Anubis_Tattoo_Design_by_Genzoman-tattoology.blogspot.com.jpeg

thoughts?  gay?  good?

Dude. Your tat idea is retarded.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 07:00:34 AM »
 ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 07:04:24 AM »
Get a tat that say GH15 across your chest so you can be like booty.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »
getting my first tat, i dont want some dumb shit so im gonna get a half sleeve on my left arm..

i want someting that looks badass, not some gay pussy shit.  but i dont want something that will draw too much attention at work or make me look like a thug...

i was thinking about going with an egyptian thing,,get the egyptian cross,,,a big pharrow head on the side delt,,maybe with a skull in it instead of the basic one,,,,and maybe this but im unsure about it...

basically instead of a reaper holding two pittbulls (too gangster looking),,,maybe the greek god anabius holding two pittbulls...

insert this guy
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gU35NYv82tg/TmpqVytvgYI/AAAAAAAAJbI/9sn18T4ZwDw/s1600/Anubis_Tattoo_Design_by_Genzoman-tattoology.blogspot.com.jpeg

thoughts?  gay?  good?

how old are you.. if youre over 20... theres no point...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 07:23:03 AM »

insert this guy

thoughts?  gay?  good?

Are you Egyptian? If not, IMO I wouldn't.
A

razzle

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »
How about the same tatoo as Cock Chestnar?