Author Topic: Getting my first tattoo - any tattoo ideas?  (Read 35668 times)

qbkilla

• Getbig III
Getting my first tattoo - any tattoo ideas?
« on: March 29, 2012, 07:21:40 PM »
getting my first tat, i dont want some dumb shit so im gonna get a half sleeve on my left arm..

i want someting that looks badass, not some gay pussy shit.  but i dont want something that will draw too much attention at work or make me look like a thug...

i was thinking about going with an egyptian thing,,get the egyptian cross,,,a big pharrow head on the side delt,,maybe with a skull in it instead of the basic one,,,,and maybe this but im unsure about it...

basically instead of a reaper holding two pittbulls (too gangster looking),,,maybe the greek god anabius holding two pittbulls...

so something like this,,,but without the reaper

http://www.jfpint.net/ws073.jpg

insert this guy
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gU35NYv82tg/TmpqVytvgYI/AAAAAAAAJbI/9sn18T4ZwDw/s1600/Anubis_Tattoo_Design_by_Genzoman-tattoology.blogspot.com.jpeg

thoughts?  gay?  good?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: tattoo idea?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
getting my first tat, i dont want some dumb shit so im gonna get a half sleeve on my left arm..

i want someting that looks badass, not some gay pussy shit.  but i dont want something that will draw too much attention at work or make me look like a thug...

i was thinking about going with an egyptian thing,,get the egyptian cross,,,a big pharrow head on the side delt,,maybe with a skull in it instead of the basic one,,,,and maybe this but im unsure about it...

basically instead of a reaper holding two pittbulls (too gangster looking),,,maybe the greek god anabius holding two pittbulls...

insert this guy
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gU35NYv82tg/TmpqVytvgYI/AAAAAAAAJbI/9sn18T4ZwDw/s1600/Anubis_Tattoo_Design_by_Genzoman-tattoology.blogspot.com.jpeg

thoughts?  gay?  good?

Good thinking.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »
Ever have a shirt that you thought was still in style after 20 years?

Think about that.
G

qbkilla

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »
Good thinking.

dont get it?  a half sleeve is the only thing that looks decent IMO.  plain $200 tats look like garbage on the skin IMO,,back tattoos,,retarded,,ankle and calf tattos? LMAO,,they scream homo.  Just my opinion, only thing that looks good is a well done half sleeve (or full one if you work a career where you can pull that shit which i dont).

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
oh brother  ::)

first off, not bodybuilding related at all.  post a bodybuilding tattoo or it does belong in this section.

why don't you just get one of those barbed wire tattoos.  then you can be like Flex "Synthol" Wheeler.  I mean having the same tattoo as him and every other clown is bodybuilding related.

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »
Tattoos are for sailors and trash. Hope this helps...

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 08:13:27 PM »
 8)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
Perhaps you should get a portrait?
a

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 08:23:19 PM »
Yes

"Science Officer's computations confirmed, Sir."

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »

i want someting that looks badass, not some gay pussy shit.  but i dont want something that will draw too much attention at work or make me look like a thug...

insert this guy

thoughts?  gay?  good?

Congratulations!  You sound like you're 12 going on 13.  ::)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »

insert this guy

thoughts?  gay?  good?

Yes.  Get the Pharrow!  ;D

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »
i think tats are always a mistake. sorry to be a party pooper, but people will think less of you too. and before you spout of your cliche, "i don't care what people think of me" bull shit (which we all know is not true), may i remind you that that includes potential future employers as well. just something to think about.

makes you look like a stereotypical tool as well. i can't tell you how many douchebags at my gym have something stupid—a chain or whatever around their bicep. and they all fit the stereotype too.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 09:19:27 PM »

insert this guy

thoughts?  gay?  good?

Well its not a "gay" idea since those dudes usually show some creativity and imagination.

Good idea? Strike fucking two. Those tats well attract attention, BAD ATTENETION.

I'm just trying to stop you from making a dumb ass MISTAKE.

My left forearm has a BAD TAT. I REGRET IT.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »
10 years on and I would take a sand grinder to my tatts if I could... and they're nothing like as terrible as those two designs.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 10:11:12 PM »
For the love of god don't trust your own judgement anytime soon. You should understand you're not very mature and need to think about life a little bit before making lasting decisions.

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 10:29:01 PM »
Just get a dick tattooed on your forehead, that will look badass and no one will think you're a thug, believe me.

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
Re: Getting my first tattoo - any tattoo ideas?
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
wrote slave near your cock like i did

when she swallow it look awesome
Your messed up BLP!

Thoth

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 12:28:06 AM »
NO.  Do not get that.  You will be making a fool of yourself.  You would be mixing Roman/Greek and Egyptian Mythologies. 

Anubis is the Egyptian God of the Underworld.  Cerberus (the dogs) is the Greek Guardian of Hades.  Do you see where this is going? 

Now, instead of using Anubis with the dogs, you could use Hermanubis, who was a Greek combination of Hermes and Anubis.  Anubis later became Osiris by the way.  Use Hermanubis and make him hold the chain of one dog but with three heads (Cerberus).  But, before you do anything like that, study and know your Egyptian and Greek mythology, the tattoo's and symbolism will mean a lot more to you.  You might also find out what they really mean and see if the whole thing even fits you.

But don't use Anubis with Cerberus.  Cerberus being a Greek creation or myth, would conflict with Anubis.  The Greeks thought the Egyptians were primitive and ridiculous because their deities wore animal headdresses.  So putting an Egyptian God with a Greek myth offshoot (the dogs) wouldn't make much since.  It would be like getting a tattoo of Jesus fighting Hades when it should be Satan.  See what I'm saying? 

Now, I know the dogs your posting are not necessarily Cerberus, but those dogs are an offshoot of that, especially with Anubis holding the chains or like your wanting it to be.  Study your mythology closely.

I'm Thoth, the God of Wisdom adorning the Baboon headdress, but I like to think of myself as a Vanilla-Gorilla ;) with some serious wisdom, HAHAHAHAHAHA

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »
If you have to ask what to get, then you shouldn't be getting one.

Tattoos should be meaningful, not some throwaway horseshit that interests you in the moment. If you get an idea of what you want, write it down, and revisit it in six months and see if you still like it. If you do, then put it away for a couple of more years, if you can come back to it, and it still has meaning, then maybe it is something worthy of consideration.

Also pay for a great artist, nothing worse than going bargin basement on these things.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 12:46:45 AM »
All tattoos are totally, completely, profoundly bad ideas...

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 01:46:29 AM »
Never met a cool dude who had tats, most with tats are losers.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 01:50:25 AM »
10 years on and I would take a sand grinder to my tatts if I could... and they're nothing like as terrible as those two designs.

:o  :-X

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 01:59:48 AM »
imo.... only skinny twinks look good with sleeves

if you built you just look like a thug, id never get one...