Author Topic: KO suing Al Gore over getting fired again from TV.  (Read 370 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: KO suing Al Gore over getting fired again from TV.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:06:04 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Keith Olbermann: I'm Suing Al Gore's A$$
tmz.com ^ | 3/30/12
Posted on March 30, 2012 7:10:02 PM EDT by Justaham

Keith Olbermann tells TMZ, he's furious with Al Gore for firing him from Current TV -- claiming, "I will be filing [a lawsuit] against them."

As we previously reported, Current just fired Olbermann from his show "Countdown" -- and Al Gore released a statement, claiming Keith was disrespectful and disloyal to viewers.

Now, Keith is firing back -- "It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently."

Keith also says, "The truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt [Current co-founder] will come out."

Keith adds, joining Current TV was a "foolish" mistake.

Keith suggests there had been an internal war raging between him and Gore for more than a year -- though he doesn't go into specifics.

"I'd like to apologize to my viewers and my staff for the failure of Current TV.

(Excerpt) Read more at tmz.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   General/Chat
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Olbermann's Full Statement On Dismissal From Current TV
TPM ^ | 3/30/2012 | The voices in Keith Olbermann's head
Posted on March 30, 2012 6:00:40 PM EDT by Hunton Peck

Keith Olbermann released the following statement on his termination from Current TV:

I'd like to apologize to my viewers and my staff for the failure of Current TV.

Editorially, Countdown had never been better. But for more than a year I have been imploring Al Gore and Joel Hyatt to resolve our issues internally, while I've been not publicizing my complaints, and keeping the show alive for the sake of its loyal viewers and even more loyal staff. Nevertheless, Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt, instead of abiding by their promises and obligations and investing in a quality news program, finally thought it was more economical to try to get out of my contract.

It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently. To understand Mr. Hyatt’s “values of respect, openness, collegiality and loyalty,” I encourage you to read of a previous occasion Mr. Hyatt found himself in court for having unjustly fired an employee. That employee’s name was Clarence B. Cain.

In due course, the truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt will come out. For now, it is important only to again acknowledge that joining them was a sincere and well-intentioned gesture on my part, but in retrospect a foolish one. That lack of judgment is mine and mine alone, and I apologize again for it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »
According to one report, Olbermann missed nearly half of his schedule workdays.

I don't know how it is in liberal-land, but where I come from, people tend to get FIRED when they don't show for work half the time.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/keith-olbermann-current-tv-al-gore-breach-contract-sabotage-306458

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »
KO and Gpre are two communist thugs.  I hope TJE each go broke suing each other.

hope and change !

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:15 PM »
Haha have at it! This is exactly what I expect from two leftists - a sense of entitlement to the other's life, liberty, and property.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 09:44:08 AM »
Haha have at it! This is exactly what I expect from two leftists - a sense of entitlement to the other's life, liberty, and property.
pWnd