Author Topic: ARE YOU SERIOUS? Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan for the World title in 18 seconds.  (Read 4346 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's official! The World title is almost worthless, now. Not because Sheamus won the title. But the man who won the Rumble and supposed to be in the "Main event" ends up with the "curtain jerker" match...again.

The same thing happened last year with Edge and Del Rio.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
78k plus showed up live and who knows how many people paid 55$ to watch an 18 second HW Title match on the Big Stage, Wrestlemania. Show and Henry worked so hard to turn this guy into a star and in 18 seconds it was all over.  

I picked Sheamus to win. Still, the point of the Rumble is being in the "main event" of WrestleMania. Two years in a row, the World title match has been the opener with the Rumble winner facing the champion.

If the World title were on Raw, this wouldn't be happening.

Except for 2003, every time the Rumble winner has been on Smackdown, that title match has been the afterthought.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
They did all of that build up of Bryan just to feed him to Seamus?
Months of careful planning and hard work on the parts of Daniel, Show, and Henry...while Seamus did, essentially, nothing by comparison.

Talk about having stuff handed to you...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
They did all of that build up of Bryan just to feed him to Seamus?
Months of careful planning and hard work on the parts of Daniel, Show, and Henry...while Seamus did, essentially, nothing by comparison.

Talk about having stuff handed to you...

Well, Sheamus did win the Rumble. But, still an 18-second match?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
It made me chuckle, but I'd have preferred a proper match.  Bryan's work has been good recently, and he'd managed to find a persona which was quite refreshing in a way.  I wouldn't say Sheamus doesn't deserve it though, as he's been putting in some decent work since he was shifted down the pecking order slightly, so I've no problem with him winning.  It was just the manner of the win which wasn't right.

littleguns

• Getbig V
total BS...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the idea was to beat kane's beating chavo g  in 8 second record they didn't get it right. dumb idea.
F

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Can someone explain the "yes, yes, yes, yes" chants to me?  Cena made reference to it....something like "Thanks Daniel Bryan"

littleguns

• Getbig V
I don't follow wrestling as much as I want to but I have tried to follow DB, I like the smaller guy, his attitude and lets face it, he has surprised us all. I guess I also like him because I know Neal Melanson, his trainer......

As you can see I am bummed, and now they are throwing Christian (if he is healthy) and bypassing DB.....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Can someone explain the "yes, yes, yes, yes" chants to me?  Cena made reference to it....something like "Thanks Daniel Bryan"

Remember when Bryan cashed in his "Money In The Bank" briefcase on Mark Henry (which didn't count) and on Big Show (which did count)?

When he held the belt in the air, he kept screaming, "YES!! YES!! YES!!!"

The fans in Miami, on RAW at least, were Bryan marks. That's why they booed Sheamus, when he came out. But, the fans were cheering for Sheamus at WrestleMania, when he won the belt.