Author Topic: NBC launches investigation for editing Zimmerman 911 call to appear racist.  (Read 12274 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
They are not BIASED.

They are in business. 

50% of Americans think the MSM is 'too liberal' while only 17% think they are 'too conservative'. They're both biased AND in business.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Better way of putting it.
I would say however, that traditionally jouralists tried to potray only the facts in order to be as accurate as possible - seems now days like its less important to be accurate than it is to get their opinions on onto people.

I agree, also, many of journalists are liberal so their bias will come out at times.  But in the end, the Media is a business, plain and simple.  If they can spin it a little to create a story or fuel it, they will, like the sleaze bags at NBC did.

This whole thing is interesting.  I don't always like reading ad-hom that gets created here when discussing an issue.

What evidence is there that supports Zimmerman's story?  What are the inconsistencies if there are?

A couple of things i heard recently:

-  He frequently called 911 other times/other days
-  He didn't represent himself properly as a neighborhood watchman when he called 911

Other questions:

Should Neighborhood watchmen carry guns?
Did someone see Trayvon assaulting Zimmerman?

OzmO

• Getbig V
50% of Americans think the MSM is 'too liberal' while only 17% think they are 'too conservative'. They're both biased AND in business.

You are saying they are both BIAS and just business minded because of what people think?

Or are you saying they are bias because of their audience?

I think ALL media plays to its audience for the sole purpose of revenue from advertisers based on ratings.  The journalists themselves might think differently but the execs who run the show don't.

Fury

• Getbig V
You are saying they are both BIAS and just business minded because of what people think?

Or are you saying they are bias because of their audience?

I think ALL media plays to its audience for the sole purpose of revenue from advertisers based on ratings.  The journalists themselves might think differently but the execs who run the show don't.

What audience? The majority of Americans do not identify themselves as liberals and tend more towards center-right than left yet the media is markedly left. The fact that 50% of Americans look at them as being too liberal while only 17% consider them too conservative says a lot about the narrative they're usually pushing.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
The MSM's gotta go or we need to find away to disconnect people from it. Kind of like they did to Neo in the Matric lol!

Take the blue pill.

Of course one way to do this is to modify the host files of as many computers on the planet as possible to redirect people away from MSM sites to alternative ones showing the "REAL" news... just thinking out loud here on a "wouldn't it be nice" level...

If only it was as easy to redirect the Cable and Satellite broadcasts...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I agree, also, many of journalists are liberal so their bias will come out at times.  But in the end, the Media is a business, plain and simple.  If they can spin it a little to create a story or fuel it, they will, like the sleaze bags at NBC did.

This whole thing is interesting.  I don't always like reading ad-hom that gets created here when discussing an issue.

What evidence is there that supports Zimmerman's story?  What are the inconsistencies if there are?

A couple of things i heard recently:

-  He frequently called 911 other times/other days
-  He didn't represent himself properly as a neighborhood watchman when he called 911

Other questions:

Should Neighborhood watchmen carry guns?
Did someone see Trayvon assaulting Zimmerman?
I think it's irrelevant on watchman carrying firearms. If he had a license, he should be able to carry it, regardless of his duties as a watchman. (I dont think there is any kind of unified law for watchman either.)
Yes, multiple neighbors have come out and said they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman assaulting him. One said he saw him on top, ran and got the phone, heard the shot, and came back and TM was laying in the grass next to Zimmerman.

He did frequently call 911 (which being a watchman with a neighborhood history of break-ins, I dont really think is relevant).
The evidence supporting him would be the neighbors testimony, the gash on the back of his head, and it pretty much fits with the story he told the PD.
The only real counter argument I see thats plausible would be, did he chase down Trayvon and initiate contact or did Trayvon come up to him (like he said in his official story).
The only way I can see that argument hold water is if not only did he run Trayvon down, but that he then attacked Trayvon 1st. If he just caught up to him and asked him what he was doing in the neighborhood and Trayvon attacked him, its still a legal self-defense.

There is a lot of little things that are quirky, as there always is in any high-adrenaline situation, because obviously everybody has a little different version of what happened based on where they were, what they saw, and how close they were. The truth is somewhere in the middle. And there really isnt enough evidence to the contrary that I can see him going to jail.

Keep in mind this is just my take on the LEGALITY of it, not the MORALITY of following someone down the road, we have to remember that just because someone may disagree with something on a moral level does not mean its a crime. (i.e. following somone at night that looks suspicious). And remember as well that there has to be irrefutable evidence that he committed a crime before he can be convicted as guilty.

OzmO

• Getbig V
What audience? The majority of Americans do not identify themselves as liberals and tend more towards center-right than left yet the media is markedly left. The fact that 50% of Americans look at them as being too liberal while only 17% consider them too conservative says a lot about the narrative they're usually pushing.

If they didn't have an audience they wouldn't be on the air.  So their audience may be mostly liberal, hence the perceived liberal slant.  Just as FOX may have a perceived conservative slant as it plays to their audiences.  Point being they are businesses who's lively hood depends on advertising revenue decided by ratings and therefore make decisions with that in mind, not necessarily their own political leanings.

OzmO

• Getbig V
I think it's irrelevant on watchman carrying firearms. If he had a license, he should be able to carry it, regardless of his duties as a watchman. (I dont think there is any kind of unified law for watchman either.)
Yes, multiple neighbors have come out and said they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman assaulting him. One said he saw him on top, ran and got the phone, heard the shot, and came back and TM was laying in the grass next to Zimmerman.
He did frequently call 911 (which being a watchman with a neighborhood history of break-ins, I dont really think is relevant).
The evidence supporting him would be the neighbors testimony, the gash on the back of his head, and it pretty much fits with the story he told the PD.
The only real counter argument I see thats plausible would be, did he chase down Trayvon and initiate contact or did Trayvon come up to him (like he said in his official story).
The only way I can see that argument hold water is if not only did he run Trayvon down, but that he then attacked Trayvon 1st. If he just caught up to him and asked him what he was doing in the neighborhood and Trayvon attacked him, its still a legal self-defense.

There is a lot of little things that are quirky, as there always is in any high-adrenaline situation, because obviously everybody has a little different version of what happened based on where they were, what they saw, and how close they were. The truth is somewhere in the middle. And there really isnt enough evidence to the contrary that I can see him going to jail.

Keep in mind this is just my take on the LEGALITY of it, not the MORALITY of following someone down the road, we have to remember that just because someone may disagree with something on a moral level does not mean its a crime. (i.e. following somone at night that looks suspicious). And remember as well that there has to be irrefutable evidence that he committed a crime before he can be convicted as guilty.

yeah it comes down to law/what's provable to whether or not he gets charged. 

I brought up the gun thing as a side conversation in that should people like him untrained and unsanctioned, a neighborhood watchmen, who is frequently engaged in things like this be carrying a gun? 

Calloway

• Getbig II
They are in business.  The business of dividing people.  Business is good.

OzmO

• Getbig V
They are in business.  The business of dividing people.  Business is good.

yep

the solution is less important then staying true to the party/ideology

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
yeah it comes down to law/what's provable to whether or not he gets charged. 

I brought up the gun thing as a side conversation in that should people like him untrained and unsanctioned, a neighborhood watchmen, who is frequently engaged in things like this be carrying a gun? 
Yeah I see what youre getting at. I suppose they should have some mandatory training if you want to carry a gun on the watch, but it also seems like his CWP would have the same affect - training only goes so far. If you have someone that is wanting to shoot someone, theyre going to do it regardless of what theyre trained.
I guess it would make more sense to have some sort of psyche screening on the neighborhood watch, but thats pretty far fetched. I dont know what the answer is. (Note that I dont think Zimmerman was out to shoot someone 240, this is for the sake of argument)

Really, a watchman is just a guy who volunteered to keep on eye on the neighborhood and to report suspicious people. I think the phyical altercations really arent indicative of the watch, because one really doesnt have much to do with another.

I guess what im saying is that whether a guy is watch or not - if he's looking for suspicious people and a situation comes up where he shoots someone, I dont think him being a watchman or not would have changed anything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
there is a point where you are following someone on foot, in the dark... someone you believe is on drugs... someone you believe has something in their hand....

where your common sense says "i'm probably PROVOKING a CONFRONTATION with an unknown danger.  The police will be here in a minute.  Just stop".

Anyone who lacks that ability to call off the dogs... who carries a gun... I dunno, something doesn't sit right here.  I suspect a lot more comes out to explain why someone would beg for a confrontation with someone they believe to be so dangerous.  Things like this don't happen in a vacuum.  He assaults a cop, he assaults a wife... chances are there is some other dark shit and this shoot was just a matter of time.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
there is a point where you are following someone on foot, in the dark... someone you believe is on drugs... someone you believe has something in their hand....

where your common sense says "i'm probably PROVOKING a CONFRONTATION with an unknown danger.  The police will be here in a minute.  Just stop".

Anyone who lacks that ability to call off the dogs... who carries a gun... I dunno, something doesn't sit right here.  I suspect a lot more comes out to explain why someone would beg for a confrontation with someone they believe to be so dangerous.  Things like this don't happen in a vacuum.  He assaults a cop, he assaults a wife... chances are there is some other dark shit and this shoot was just a matter of time.
Again - nothing to do with anything. Youre infering intent where you dont know if there was one.

He was a watchman. He was keeping on eye on the kid until the cops arrived. When he lost sight of the kid he gave up (Its in the 911 transcript) (See how easy it is to blow your whole "he was looking to shoot someone" bullshit out of the water?
Youre taking a scenario, shaping it to fit your bias, and then adding intent, and BAM, its a whole different thing than reality. Anyone can sit back and say "I think he was thinking this at the time, because he said this" Doesnt mean you have any fucking idea what youre talking about.
You could say the same about Trayvon. Selling drugs on facebook. Suspended for drugs. Theft tools in a backpack full of stolen shit. So maybe Zimmerman was thinking right when he called him in for drugs? See, two can play that game. You have no semblence of rationality.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I dont think he WANTED to shoot someone, per se.

I think he was seeking validation.  Insecure, probably small penis and lack of personal accomplishment.  Being the hero, holding some burglar at bay who had been bothering his community would have given him such incredible props.  His nightly rounds along those streets would have been great.  He wanted to be a hero.  Even if it only meant standing there pointing his finger at a coward hiding in the bushes with stolen property on person.

Didn't work that way.  Dude make a kid feel cornered, and he attacked.  To be expected.  if zimmer followed any getbigger 2 blocks, creeping thru the yard, we probably all would have attacked him when he got close.   He felt safe in his little bubble/community.  nobody is going to tackle him and take him down.  then, BOOM.  he's on his back, his head is throbbing from the kid shoving him down.  he slips on grass and lands on sidewalk.  crack.  bump on head.  probably shit his pants a little, and got gun and fired.  All that nonsense about "beat for 60 seconds, about to go unconscious, scared of crapping in a diaper, the guy said he you die toinght" - all bullshit.  But we know this.

I'm betting he was the type of guy who had told the cop about 1000X times that he had his permit, and "oh, I was ready to handle it until you guys showed up!"  We've all met that dude at some point.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
He was a watchman. He was keeping on eye on the kid until the cops arrived. When he lost sight of the kid he gave up (Its in the 911 transcript)

He lost track of him at the clubhouse.   Then, 2 blocks west of that, they found trayvon's body.  so he 'found' him 2 blocks down the road as trayvon was almost home, and zimmerman was now 2 blocks away from the clubhouse, ,and 2 more blocks farther away from his home.

He didn't give up.  He kept running thru yards until the 2 found one another.   does anyone have the overhead map yet?  trayvon was 2 blocks from the clubhouse.  dude pursued him quite a bit after 'giving up'.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
He lost track of him at the clubhouse.   Then, 2 blocks west of that, they found trayvon's body.  so he 'found' him 2 blocks down the road as trayvon was almost home, and zimmerman was now 2 blocks away from the clubhouse, ,and 2 more blocks farther away from his home.

He didn't give up.  He kept running thru yards until the 2 found one another.   does anyone have the overhead map yet?  trayvon was 2 blocks from the clubhouse.  dude pursued him quite a bit after 'giving up'.
Prove it. Prove what you're saying here, because on the 911 call, he actually said you go PAST the clubhouse. So I want to see this "map"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Prove it. Prove what you're saying here, because on the 911 call, he actually said you go PAST the clubhouse. So I want to see this "map"

found a map - not the one they showed, but you see it.  trayvon came in the park, walked straight home.  this fvck was plaing ninja and actually stood in trayvon's way as he tried to get to his chick's house.  look at the paths.   he was supposed to meet them at the clubhouse.  you can see it on the far left.  he didn't do that.  he traveled 2 blocks and ninja'd thru some backyard to intercept the kid.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
240 - I feel bad for you. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
TO get a sense of things, zoom in and look at how small cars are on this map.  Looka t the clubhouse - dude went quite a way.  So that "he stopped pursuing treyvon" is a louad of shit.  He left his truck, diden't wait by the clubhouses as agreed with LEO on phone.  He saw trayvon go straight, and he ran thru the yards in order to creep up on him or intercept him.  The kid was looking at an armed stranger standing between him and his destination.  Someone who dumped their truck (blue square on this map) pretty damn far away.  Again, look how huge those buildings are compared to the tiny cars.  

ZImmerman went two very long blocks, actually.  chasing a kid thru the apartment complex at night as the kid just walked in from store and tried to get home.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
240 - I feel bad for you. 

personal insult?  eitehr address the point or stay out of the thread.  I think the kid was a drug dealer who wasn't making the world a better place.  I thnk the shooter is a liar.  but know this, 33386... IF you ever need to use your weapon to protect your life... you can rest assured the police, judge, and jury will be MUCH tougher on you - and more likely to believe you - thanks to this dipshit zimmerman.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
found a map - not the one they showed, but you see it.  trayvon came in the park, walked straight home.  this fvck was plaing ninja and actually stood in trayvon's way as he tried to get to his chick's house.  look at the paths.   he was supposed to meet them at the clubhouse.  you can see it on the far left.  he didn't do that.  he traveled 2 blocks and ninja'd thru some backyard to intercept the kid.

Wow, just.... Wow.  ::) ::) ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
personal insult?  eitehr address the point or stay out of the thread.  I think the kid was a drug dealer who wasn't making the world a better place.  I thnk the shooter is a liar.  but know this, 33386... IF you ever need to use your weapon to protect your life... you can rest assured the police, judge, and jury will be MUCH tougher on you - and more likely to believe you - thanks to this dipshit zimmerman.

If my head is being slammed into the concrete, I am shooting a killing a ghetto thug. 

Fury

• Getbig V
Wow, just.... Wow.  ::) ::) ::)

It's sad, isn't it? He knows he's backed into a corner and has made a complete fool out of himself so he's going to go down in flames.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
If my head is being slammed into the concrete, I am shooting a killing a ghetto thug. 

me too.  i believe it was a justified shoot once they got into a tussle.  but i also believe GZ pursued him for 2 blocks in the dark then ave inaccurate timing on the 60 seconds.  if you dont know, you dont know.  Say that.   60 seconds is a lifetime when youre getting head smashed.  If he 'got that wrong on accident' - what else did he get wrong?

again - justified shoot.   But he shoudl STFU about the details, cause like I said - if you ever shoot someone, 33, it's gonna be a bitch, cause the jury will look to avenge trayvon in every justified shoot for the next 10 years. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
me too.  i believe it was a justified shoot once they got into a tussle.  but i also believe GZ pursued him for 2 blocks in the dark then ave inaccurate timing on the 60 seconds.  if you dont know, you dont know.  Say that.   60 seconds is a lifetime when youre getting head smashed.  If he 'got that wrong on accident' - what else did he get wrong?

again - justified shoot.   But he shoudl STFU about the details, cause like I said - if you ever shoot someone, 33, it's gonna be a bitch, cause the jury will look to avenge trayvon in every justified shoot for the next 10 years. 

I don't want to shoot anyone, but I believe that the fact that there were many break ins necessitated a watch program.