Author Topic: The answer why people claim to be natural - seriously  (Read 2999 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
The answer why people claim to be natural - seriously
« on: April 03, 2012, 11:40:11 PM »
Seriously its not that hard to figure out why some of these "big" guys claim to be natural.

1) It makes it look like their physique could be attainable for the normal joe if they just work out hard enough - which means they are getting interesting for the advertisement industry.

2) bodybuilding is all about the outside right folks? So why do we sweat and hurt ourself in the gym while the rest of the sain world eats Doritos and watches the latest on TV? Because we like attention, which these guys get, more than somebody who is openly admitting that he is using.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: The answer why people claim to be natural - seriously
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »
Insecure people who need to look better than others to get respect, pull babes etc - if they admit they used drugs they lose their bragging rights.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:04:53 AM »
Insecure people who need to look better than others to get respect, pull babes etc - if they admit they used drugs they lose their bragging rights.

yep thats pretty much it, also some are probably worried what they family say - work is tied in with that as well (who wants to have a "cheater" in their company ::) ) especially since we are all now exposed on the internet and HR sometimes using the internet as a means to gather intel if somebody applies for a new position.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »
I'm very very sure there are plenty of these with serious issues in the head in this field/cult/sport/whatever one calls it.. I've met quite a few. Sometimes pathological lying is explainable by just that - pathology.
 I've recently been encountering one fella I've known for a long time. Not friends, but good enough. He wasn't able to bench press 225 for reps properly. Now, two years later, being like 30yo he's repping 375 with a relative ease, in addition to being a walking ocean of water (I guess dballz or oxy). Well, even to me, a "safe" person to tell (even tho' it's "safe" to do whatever you want and admit it, where I live) he's blabbing something about being clean for at least few years, etc, etc...
 This is not comprehendable for me personally. Just smile and keep quite ffs, if you don't want to admit, but don't think someone who has been in the field twice as long doesn't know what's up lol..

I'm prettu sure people take it to a whole another level in US, because all the media brainwashing about "being the best", "being the superhuman" and so on. Noone wants to admit that they need some chemical "help" to be these "superhumans". Lying filts. :D

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 05:22:08 AM »
Seriously its not that hard to figure out why some of these "big" guys claim to be natural.

1) It makes it look like their physique could be attainable for the normal joe if they just work out hard enough - which means they are getting interesting for the advertisement industry.

2) bodybuilding is all about the outside right folks? So why do we sweat and hurt ourself in the gym while the rest of the sain world eats Doritos and watches the latest on TV? Because we like attention, which these guys get, more than somebody who is openly admitting that he is using.

how is this any different that someone wearing a wig/weave and then selling hair care products?
or someone getting lipo and selling weight lost products?

Guess what, the people selling products on TV don't actually use the products.  The general public will believe what ever they want to believe.

How many people people have ordered P90X because they believe that they will see those results?

ask yourselves this, what is the benefit of saying "I take steroids to look like"?

I

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
if u dont understand why people lie about natty status u need to start wearing a helmet, and where is the jamaican woman thats feeds you

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:10 AM »

3)  They really are natural  ???

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:37 AM »
It's really simple. They want all the credit for their physique when they know 6 months off no one would even ask if they workout.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »
3)  They really are natural  ???

4) Steroids are illegal...

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 09:53:48 AM »
4) Steroids are illegal...

Not in England ;)

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 09:58:17 AM »

Psyckle

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 10:00:20 AM »
I've always wanted to ask the juiced up personal trainers at my gym how I can get as big as them.  To see if any of them give me an honest answer.  Then call them out on there bullshit if they tell me its all hard work and supps etc.  I wonder if they can kick you out of the gym for this?  The bigger the audience the better.

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 10:01:42 AM »
people who get an A+ on an exam that they cheated on will always tell everyone that they studied hard for it...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
They want to perpetuate the same genetic elite nonsense the "pros" do.  Somehow there is something special about them that allows them to gain more mass and be more cut than the average person. It can't possibly be the drugs.  They rationalize with themselves that they would still have been big without the drugs they just got there faster using.  Drugs are just the finishing touch.
A

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »
I've always wanted to ask the juiced up personal trainers at my gym how I can get as big as them.  To see if any of them give me an honest answer.  Then call them out on there bullshit if they tell me its all hard work and supps etc.  I wonder if they can kick you out of the gym for this?  The bigger the audience the better.
Trainers would never admit that to someone asking a question like that. Why would they risk losing their job?
Calling them out wouldn't do anything. It's not like you could prove it.

Psyckle

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »
True I couldn't prove anything.  But even if I could get them to lose clients by spewing the truth.  Would be entertaining.  Like if I actually talked with the people who hire these trainers and educated them.  I'm sure many are a lost cause.  But it would be a fun little experiment.

jparker

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »
Ill never un.derstand why people get so ass hurt over this issue

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »

I don't really buy this.  Plenty of guys do not claim to be natural (they don't necessarily brag about doping) but being huge gets them attention--from men, women, schmoes,etc.-- they would never get otherwise.  And there are passive forms of "bragging" such as frequently going shirtless, wearing tank tops or other form fitting clothes that show off your body.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
Sometimes they just are and its nice to let people know that they do not need steroids (which make building size much easier) to look decent.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »
I am curious to know what does a self claimed natural understands by the word " natural ".

Maybe not the same as other people.

I knew a 20" arms guy that claimed being natural... because for him orals didn't count as steroids ::).

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
I am curious to know what does a self claimed natural understands by the word " natural ".

Me = Food and whey protein .

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »
I don't really buy this.  Plenty of guys do not claim to be natural (they don't necessarily brag about doping) but being huge gets them attention--from men, women, schmoes,etc.-- they would never get otherwise.  And there are passive forms of "bragging" such as frequently going shirtless, wearing tank tops or other form fitting clothes that show off your body.

No Way!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
why is is so hard for the common man that eats alot of meat and drinks alot of coffee to get ripped and decent size? this is the easy way to do it naturally, not necessarily healthy but it is easy with just meat and caffiene never understood why hotheads like stark could never make the cut
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 03:25:56 PM »
why is is so hard for the common man that eats alot of meat and drinks alot of coffee to get ripped and decent size? this is the easy way to do it naturally, not necessarily healthy but it is easy with just meat and caffiene never understood why hotheads like stark could never make the cut

don't forget da ma huang MA MAN :D :D :D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

Maybe not the same as other people.

I knew a 20" arms guy that claimed being natural... because for him orals didn't count as steroids ::).

Cold I have 19.25" arms

Pumped I am sure they are close to 20"