Author Topic: Sen. McCain On VP Pick: ‘I Think It Should Be Sarah Palin’  (Read 3215 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
“I think it should be Sarah Palin,” McCain told CBS’ This Morning, laughing. He then listed other possible picks — Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R), and Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels (R).
 :D :D :D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Sen. McCain On VP Pick: ‘I Think It Should Be Sarah Palin’
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »
He's still pissed for making that mistake.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:48:19 PM »
Pretty obvious he was joking.  The VP pick isn't going to swing the election anyway.  Never does. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »
Yeah, because no one voted against him because Palin's dumb ass was on the ticket.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »
Yes, I'm sure people voted against the ticket because of Palin, and for the ticket because of Palin.  But she isn't the reason he lost.  People typically vote the top of the ticket.  VP selections don't decide elections. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 03:57:36 PM »
The VP should enhance and support the main candidate choice.  Palin did neither.

Hopefully Romney won't make that mistake.  Though it is going to be obvious that the best VP picks out there will probably turn him down.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »
typical leftist lurker is - all he wants to discuss is birth control, palin, fluke, gays, etc.   

Yeah that fruitcake anint a twink.   ::)  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 04:03:31 PM »
This thread about Palin.  In case you haven't noticed.
I have never mentioned nor cared about birth control.  Strike two for you here.
The only one bringing up gays all the time is you.  Keep your projections in control.

Nice try.  Keep crying little baby.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
The VP should enhance and support the main candidate choice.  Palin did neither.

Hopefully Romney won't make that mistake.  Though it is going to be obvious that the best VP picks out there will probably turn him down.

The VP doesn't really do much of anything for the candidate.  Just look at Biden, who was repeatedly rejected by Democrats.  Didn't hurt Obama at all.  Bush won with Quayle.  Clinton won with that loser Gore.

Regarding Palin, she actually helped McCain, and McWay has posted the numbers to prove it on the board numerous times.   

Romney should probably pick the "rising star" Rubio.  Not going to make that much of a difference. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »
palin helped  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
The VP doesn't really do much of anything for the candidate.  Just look at Biden, who was repeatedly rejected by Democrats.  Didn't hurt Obama at all.  Bush won with Quayle.  Clinton won with that loser Gore.

Regarding Palin, she actually helped McCain, and McWay has posted the numbers to prove it on the board numerous times.   

Romney should probably pick the "rising star" Rubio.  Not going to make that much of a difference. 

I'm thinking Bob McDonnell - though I don't know if he'd accept.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »

I'm thinking Bob McDonnell - though I don't know if he'd accept.

You mean this guy?  Pretty impressive background.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._McDonald

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »
Yeah because every time Palin opened her mouth, McCain's numbers really went up.

::)

Why would Rubio want to tie his future political star onto Romney's name?  That makes no sense.
We are not going to see any real heavy weight GOP contenders for either the POTUS or VP spot until 2016.  Rubio would come out better waiting to be tapped by a Jeb or Christie.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
You mean this guy?  Pretty impressive background.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._McDonald

No, Governor of VA.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »
Did Palin Help McCain Among White Women?
Obama’s problem with white men much bigger than that among white women
by Frank NewportPRINCETON, NJ -- Did John McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate lead to significant gains for McCain among white women? While this hypothesis fits easily into the media's coverage and the excitement around Palin's historic status as the first female Republican vice presidential candidate, continuing analysis of large Gallup Poll Daily tracking samples from recent weeks do not provide evidence to support it.

Gallup Daily tracking has shown some variation in support levels for the two candidates -- McCain and Barack Obama -- across the last month and a half, but the shifts in candidate preferences of white women do not appear to have been much different from those of all voters.

When Obama gained among all voters, he gained among white women. And when McCain gained among all voters -- in the week of Sept. 8-14 in particular -- he gained among white women as well. White women appear to have been lifted and set down by the same tidal patterns that affected all voters.
By the week of Sept. 15-21, a rising tide for Obama had in general lifted his strength among white women as much as it did among everyone else. Obama ended last week in a slightly stronger position among white women than was the case as the political conventions began -- in fact, coming within 2 points of McCain.

White Men More of a Problem for Obama Than White Women

From a more general perspective, Obama continues to do less well among white women than he does among women of other racial or ethnic backgrounds.

An aggregate of more than 23,000 interviews Gallup conducted with female registered voters between Aug. 1 and Sept. 21 shows McCain leading Obama by 47% to 42% among all white women, while McCain loses significantly among black, Hispanic, and Asian women.

So, in this regard, Obama has a problem among white women, regardless of whether it was exacerbated by McCain's selection of Palin as his vice presidential running mate. But, from a different perspective, and reflecting the fairly normal gender-gap pattern of recent years, Obama's position among white women is much better than his position among white men, among whom he trails McCain by a large 56% to 35% margin.
Thus, although Obama has a problem among all white voters, in the sense that he loses among them to McCain, his relative standing among white women is certainly better than it is among white men.

Discussion

It has been well-established that Obama does not do as well among white women as he does among Hispanic, black, and Asian women.

This fact, however, predates McCain's selection of Palin as his running mate. The data reviewed here suggest that Palin's presence on the GOP ticket did not appear to shift white women disproportionately toward McCain, nor did it appear to engender more loyalty to McCain among white women over the past week when the general trend was toward Obama. As is true for the entire electorate, McCain now is doing slightly less well among this group than he did before the two conventions began.

More generally, commentators who opine that Obama has a problem among white women are correct as far as that goes. Obama does less well among whites in general and less well among white women than among women of other racial and ethnic backgrounds.

However, commentators would be perhaps more on target by pointing out Obama's larger problem among white men, among whom he is losing by 35% to McCain's 56%.

And, of course, white women are not a monolithic voting group. There are big differences in the level of support given to both candidates within subgroups of the white female population. For example, data show that Obama has significant problems among white women who are not college graduates -- among whom he has been losing to McCain by a 50% to 37% margin over the last month and a half -- and among married white women, among whom McCain has been winning by a 17-point margin, 54% to 37%.

Survey Methods

Results are based on telephone interviews with 47,087 registered voters, aged 18 and older, conducted Aug. 1-Sept. 21, 2008. For results based on the total sample of registered voters, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±1 percentage points. Margins of sampling errors vary for individual subsamples.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on land-line telephones (for respondents with a land-line telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell-phone only).

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »
At this point, I think Romney's VP pick will be someone that the general public isn't familiar with or has heard of (or heard much about). 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
It can't be....it has to be somebody that brings in a voting block...or grooms them for 2016...or puts Romney over the top.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
It can't be....it has to be somebody that brings in a voting block...or grooms them for 2016...or puts Romney over the top.

Again, who is going to allow their future political star to be tied onto Romney like this?  No one wants to take the chance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
 ;D.  What a joke the same usual leftist drones and illiterates who refuse to discuss issues still foam over palin.  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »
this comig for a guy who jerks off to her nightly  :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »
Wow.  Imagine discussing Palin in a thread that is about her.

Why that actually seems normal.  Not like crying about Obama in threads that have nothing to do with him. 

::)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
I think Romney should put on his magic underwear and talk to god about this one.

G

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 11:04:24 PM »
romney and paul ryan

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 11:31:12 PM »
Pretty obvious he was joking.  The VP pick isn't going to swing the election anyway.  Never does. 

it sure didn't help perot.

seirously, there are WAY better repub choices than Rubio.  He's great on paper cause he's unknown.  He'll be a great choice in 2016, but now?  He's been a senator for all of 14 months, guys.  Obama sure as fck wasn't ready.  What did Savage say about getting ANOTHER training wheels president?

But Mcdonnell on the ticket.  Or hutchison.  All this flirty talk about Nicki Haley too - really, let them spend more than a year in office before you give them the INSANE pressure of being the VP pick.  Bubba the love sponge was talking TONS of shady shit about Rubio when he was running in 2010.  Obviously the tea party wave was too strong at the time - but there was  LOT of stuff about rubio's time as a lobbyist, and his time in office, actually overlapping.  Not sure what it's all about, but Bubba was adamant.

"Scott Brown 2012" - him, too.  I know yall want a fresh face, but seriously, choose a man or woman who has faced more than one "everyone tea party wins" national election.   

I do think Romney is smart enough to choose an EXPERIENCED person, perhaps with some military experience.  Thune woudl be a SICK good ticket.