Author Topic: Tanning Accelerators:  (Read 6653 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Tanning Accelerators:
« on: April 04, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »
I’m curious what everyone likes to use for outdoor tanning…and indoor, too; I won’t discriminate.
Actually, there’s no need to limit the discussion to accelerators. I’d love to read your feedback and input on all aspects of tanning in general - outdoor AND indoor.

Thanks!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Tanning Accelerators:
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »
I’m curious what everyone likes to use for outdoor tanning…and indoor, too; I won’t discriminate.
Actually, there’s no need to limit the discussion to accelerators. I’d love to read your feedback and input on all aspects of tanning in general - outdoor AND indoor.

Thanks!

Having this discussion on Trip Advisor right now.

For the beach - Maui Babe hands down.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
Thanks, deary!
You and I live in similar climates.

I'm not fond of tanning beds, but I don't have time to spend a couple of hours every week just standing in the sun to get a nice, even tan.
"Even" being the key. ;)
Hence, my interest in accelerator lotions as opposed to bronzers, etc.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 07:56:53 PM »
Thanks, deary!

I'm not fond of tanning beds, but I don't have time to spend a couple of hours every week just standing in the sun to get a nice, even tan.
"Even" being the key. ;)

Maui Babe probably wouldn't be a good fit for you.  I'd say it's more for the beach or hanging around the pool.  It's greasy (although it eventually absorbs, unlike some oils) and has a strong smell.  It's a good smell, kinda like chocolate and coffee.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:06:13 PM »

Maui Babe probably wouldn't be a good fit for you.  I'd say it's more for the beach or hanging around the pool.  It's greasy (although it eventually absorbs, unlike some oils) and has a strong smell.  It's a good smell, kinda like chocolate and coffee.

Thanks. I love coffee AND chocolate, though I'm not sure I'd like to smell like them.
The coffee smell doesn't bother you?

w8m8

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 06:37:44 AM »
Australian Gold is pretty common and carried plenty of places .. I've used it and had fine results .. my salon carries Ionyx and I like that plus it's right there I don't need to shop

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:18:38 AM »
Australian Gold is pretty common and carried plenty of places .. I've used it and had fine results .. my salon carries Ionyx and I like that plus it's right there I don't need to shop

Thank you.
Is that a bronzer, accelerator, or both?
Can you also use it in the sun?

w8m8

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:28 AM »

Thank you.
Is that a bronzer, accelerator, or both?
Can you also use it in the sun?

you're welcome of course

it's only an accelerator .. not a bronzer ... I don't care for bronzers

you can use it in tanning beds or sun .. it's got a nice minty smell not girly .. it's more pricey than Australian Gold but I like the whipped texture for it's ease of application and my bonus part is it's not a greasy feel

Australian Gold has both just an accelerator and one with a bronzer added and I have nothing bad to say about the brand ( and it's more affordable for sure ) it's just I prefer the non-greasy feel much better and the smell is not the typical suntanning scent

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 07:35:56 AM »
you're welcome of course

it's only an accelerator .. not a bronzer ... I don't care for bronzers

you can use it in tanning beds or sun .. it's got a nice minty smell not girly .. it's more pricey than Australian Gold but I like the whipped texture for it's ease of application and my bonus part is it's not a greasy feel

Australian Gold has both just an accelerator and one with a bronzer added and I have nothing bad to say about the brand ( and it's more affordable for sure ) it's just I prefer the non-greasy feel much better and the smell is not the typical suntanning scent

Sorry, it's taken me about 17 hours to log on, but that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.
Thanks again!!

w8m8

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 04:30:12 AM »
e-Bay often has good prices if you can't find a place online with a deal .. just be sure to get the non-bronzer type .. ( California Tan Ionyx Step 1) they have both

good luck , happy tanning hope you like it  :)

trish

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »
I tanned a friend that was a competiter and it looked great.. its a airbrush machine by sun labortories.. i only tanned her about 5 times. I want to sell it, i still have the machine and a gallon of dark tan willing to sell for 400.00 plus shipping if anyone is interested you can go to www.sunlaboratories and check out the small airbrush an dark tan..to buy it new is around 900.00 but they give you tee shirts brochures etc.. if interested shoot me an email. dance4u69hot@yahoo.com 

Thanks, deary!

"Even" being the key. ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »
I tanned a friend that was a competiter and it looked great.. its a airbrush machine by sun labortories.. i only tanned her about 5 times. I want to sell it, i still have the machine and a gallon of dark tan willing to sell for 400.00 plus shipping if anyone is interested you can go to www.sunlaboratories and check out the small airbrush an dark tan..to buy it new is around 900.00 but they give you tee shirts brochures etc.. if interested shoot me an email. dance4u69hot@yahoo.com 

Thanks; I'm not looking for competition tanning products, but that's a generous offer.

Have you tried listing it on ebay or craigslist?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »
I never did get around to purchasing any lotions, which is fine because I never made it out to tan, either. However, my work schedule has slowed a bit for the time being, and I'm considering using an accelerator just on my head and face while doing yard work and outdoor cardio and recreation this Fall.

Anyway, while searching amazon.com for the lotions mentioned above, I stumbled across this:

It's got a ton more reviews than the other lotions, the majority of which are very good.
Anybody try/use it?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 08:52:09 AM »
butter