Author Topic: Why Is Homeland Security Buying 450 Million Hollow Point Bullets?  (Read 1229 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
that's enough to put a bullet in every single American and still have 150 million rounds left ::)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-is-homeland-security-buying-450-million-rounds-of-hollow-point-bullets/

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Why Is Homeland Security Buying 450 Million Hollow Point Bullets?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
"The order may seem unusually high, but gun experts I talked to said it is not necessarily unusual and simply reflects a long-running practice by DHS and law enforcement agencies to use any remaining budget surplus on items routinely used and that would not be called into question. The idea being that if an agency does not use its entire budget in expenditures, the government will lower its budget the following year."

I wonder if any of this ammo is used for target practice?

the pic the have in the link isnt of hollow points either, those are hydra shoks

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 05:32:51 PM »

the pic the have in the link isnt of hollow points either, those are hydra shoks

I know but it was either that article or the one from prison planet and we all know how upset some get if they see anything linked to Alex Jones.

Sounds like a lot of target practice.  Their budget keeps going up too.  Not sure I buy they were just using up what was left of the budget knowing how much they keep expanding operations every year.  I'm sure they would have been thrilled to put more highway checkpoints in place.  

I guess they're also buying a bunch of bulletproof guard shacks equipped with stop and go lights but they won't say what they're for.  Wonder how long it will be until traveling from one state to another is like going through an old East German border checkpoint.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 05:56:29 PM »
Because they want to shoot everyone who is growing their own seeds in home Gardens. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 05:59:48 PM »
I know but it was either that article or the one from prison planet and we all know how upset some get if they see anything linked to Alex Jones.

Sounds like a lot of target practice.  Their budget keeps going up too.  Not sure I buy they were just using up what was left of the budget knowing how much they keep expanding operations every year.  I'm sure they would have been thrilled to put more highway checkpoints in place.  

I guess they're also buying a bunch of bulletproof guard shacks equipped with stop and go lights but they won't say what they're for.  Wonder how long it will be until traveling from one state to another is like going through an old East German border checkpoint.
Your telling me!  I wonder how long it will be before we are rounded up in camps and forced into manual labor.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »
Your telling me!  I wonder how long it will be before we are rounded up in camps and forced into manual labor.
I cant tell if this is sarcasm or being serious.
I dont really know what to think anymore. Many things startle me. The complete lack of explanation for some things bothers me as well.
I kind of feel like theyre preparing to deal with hyper-inflation in case something bad happens with the dollar. (Since there has been talk of moving away from the dollar as the worlds reserve currency.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 09:01:01 PM »
"The order may seem unusually high, but gun experts I talked to said it is not necessarily unusual and simply reflects a long-running practice by DHS and law enforcement agencies to use any remaining budget surplus on items routinely used and that would not be called into question. The idea being that if an agency does not use its entire budget in expenditures, the government will lower its budget the following year."

This is true.  Government agencies do this all the time. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 09:02:51 PM »
Yeah, everyone goes to. TJE range w hollow points.   ::)  ::)  ::)

DHS is a Gestapo and another abortion of GWB

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
so that makes it ok then?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 05:45:09 AM »
Yeah I get that, but hollowpoints?
Usually you dont go target shooting with hollowpoints.......

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »
so that makes it ok then?

Who said that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 03:41:07 PM »
Yeah I get that, but hollowpoints?
Usually you dont go target shooting with hollowpoints.......

I think tony just speculated they might be using them for target practice.  I don't know why they bought them. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »
I think tony just speculated they might be using them for target practice.  I don't know why they bought them. 

No one uses hallow points for target practice though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »
No one uses hallow points for target practice though.

actually they do.  I was screaming about these huge ammo purchases back in 2005 during my CT era.  Just a budgetary thing and a preparation thing.  And yes, those fckers do use hollow points for target practice.  You and I don't - because that shit is expensive.  Govt doesn't care.  They shoot what they use.

SO yeah, while there is a lot of shit to worry about in this world, this isn't one of those things.  Remember that a society where the govt is capping all of its own people isn't very good for business.  Cause dead ppl don't pay taxes or perform their jobs or keep society going.  Same with the martial law fear that AJ and friends espoused for the last 2 decades.  If you shut down society, then your govt runs out of $ and stores run out of food when the walmart truck drivers stop coming to work.  bad for business.  

So don't worry about that.  Worry about the sagging dollar and decrease in quality of life we shall endure.  Worry about if mark Sanchez will keep his starting job with tebow nipping at his heels.  Worrying about shit like this - when CTers have been shouting about this for years - is a waste of time, IMHO.   of course maybe I'm just a stupid wrong d-bag, that's always a possibility too.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »
actually they do.  I was screaming about these huge ammo purchases back in 2005 during my CT era.  Just a budgetary thing and a preparation thing.  And yes, those fckers do use hollow points for target practice.  You and I don't - because that shit is expensive.  Govt doesn't care.  They shoot what they use.

SO yeah, while there is a lot of shit to worry about in this world, this isn't one of those things.  Remember that a society where the govt is capping all of its own people isn't very good for business.  Cause dead ppl don't pay taxes or perform their jobs or keep society going.  Same with the martial law fear that AJ and friends espoused for the last 2 decades.  If you shut down society, then your govt runs out of $ and stores run out of food when the walmart truck drivers stop coming to work.  bad for business.  

So don't worry about that.  Worry about the sagging dollar and decrease in quality of life we shall endure.  Worry about if mark Sanchez will keep his starting job with tebow nipping at his heels.  Worrying about shit like this - when CTers have been shouting about this for years - is a waste of time, IMHO.   of course maybe I'm just a stupid wrong d-bag, that's always a possibility too.
How about worrying about when the inevitable crash occurs and the government is using those hollowpoints on looters and people who are going to riot as soon as they get any excuse.
Or using those hollowpoints when the racial tension boils over (its already happening, fatal shooting in several incidents now in response to Trayvon, and a native dude just went on a black killing rampage), not to mention the Black Panthers encouraging black to "kill cracka's".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 06:16:34 PM »
I think they are worried about this summer tbh.   Tensions on many fronts are boiling over.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 12:41:50 AM »
Who the heck uses "cop killers" for target practice?

And why would DHS purchase bullets that fragment on impact leaving them immune to ballistics testing, unless they're possibly buying them up create shortages and to prevent member of the public from buying them?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 04:41:39 AM »
I think they are worried about this summer tbh.   Tensions on many fronts are boiling over.

no, they're really not.  there's no "boiling over".  trayvon ran its 2 week window and the media decided to give it a rest.  it'll come back if he's indicted or if he's not, but really, it's astroturf.  Ain't nobody gonna riot because of race.  shit just doesn't happen.  sure, rush might get you thinking there's a huge panther movement cause of what 5 guys say on their website, and msnbc might get you thinking there's a huge black movement doing this or that, cause of sanford...

but really, people aren't going to risk their lives over some drama shit they heard on 24/7 cable news.  they care more about reading facebook and getting a mcgriddle in 3 minutes and being able to order new movies on demand.  Peoeple aren't rioting this summer.  there is no 'boiling over'.  Sorry, ppl are just too domesticated.  You can say mean things to your cat all day and buy the dog a gold necklace, but your cat ain't rioting.  it's just a domesticated dumb animal.  just like the population.

SO really, 33, please... the only thing that'd possibly get a few rowdy ppl throwing bottles would be a stolen election.  ANd mitt is so impotent, obama probably won't even have to do that.  There isn't going to be any huge race riots.  there isn't going to be anything 'boiling over'.  All you have as msn and fox radio hosts screaming about how mad people are.   that's it man. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 05:07:33 AM »

Are guns natural?
G