Author Topic: How do you like living in California??  (Read 7983 times)

danabol

• Getbig III
Re: How do you like living in California??
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »
San Francisco isn't exactly known for its warmth.

yeah i hurd this no foookin sun...

someone siad its not the place it used be pluss lots move there now to retire  :o

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:15 PM »
Lots of getbig millionaires no doubt about it

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »
There are many different optiions within LA. My top two choices would be the Pacific Palisades or marina del Rey.  The palisades, where Arnold, Tom brady and many athletes and movie stars live is more residential. Marina del Rey you can walk to the beach, but will have either a condo or no hard. Also it's close to Venice,  so you have a few bums here and there.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Malibu/18425-Coastline-Dr-90265/home/6850794

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Marina-Del-Rey/143-Westwind-Mall-90292/home/6783326

I live in MDR and you can't really compare it to the Palisades, the marina is nice but Palisades is a way better choice if you can afford it.

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 07:38:58 PM »
yeah i hurd this no foookin sun...

someone siad its not the place it used be pluss lots move there now to retire  :o

There's sun lol But it is cold & windy at times.  WC Fields once said, "The coldest winter he's ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"

one-more-rep,

As Bay said, SF sounds like a good fit for you. Or perhaps the south bay - Palo Alto, San Jose, etc which is the capitol of Silicon Valley.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
If you can afford to live here... live here.  8)

Bay,

You stated " afford. "  Can you give some insights into costs, wages and how they compare to other areas of America.

THE BEEF

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »
Bay,

You stated " afford. "  Can you give some insights into costs, wages and how they compare to other areas of America.

THE BEEF

cost of living is higher in california but the wages are slightly higher than other areas of the country to accomodate for the increase in cost.

however it does not fully compensate for the difference because the differences is huge in terms of real estate. good luck finding a decent place to live in SF if you don't make less than 250k a year

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
It's fine. I'm in charge of everything out here, so call before you show up.
a

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 07:54:35 PM »
cost of living is higher in california but the wages are slightly higher than other areas of the country to accomodate for the increase in cost.

however it does not fully compensate for the difference because the differences is huge in terms of real estate. good luck finding a decent place to live in SF if you don't make less than 250k a year

Fucken, wow. THE BEEF had no idea.

THE BEEF

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »
Lots of getbig millionaires no doubt about it

None of that, just hard working people that have been blessed enough to survive some of the worst economic times this country has seen over the last 20 years.

New York is beautiful, but after a while, you get tired of the long winters and lack of beautiful beaches.

"1"

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »
None of that, just hard working people that have been blessed enough to survive some of the worst economic times this country has seen over the last 20 years.

New York is beautiful, but after a while, you get tired of the long winters and lack of beautiful beaches.

"1"

Just don't fool yourself into believing the beaches in SF are beautiful.  They're not.  Santa Cruz is where most go but even there does not compare to southern california beaches.   All in all, you can't go wrong with so much to do with such a short drive away; 4 hours to the snow, 1 hour to Santa Cruz, 3 1/2 hours to Yosemite, 6-7 hours to L.A. and so forth....

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 11:48:37 PM »
SF is amazing.  I have lived here for 12 years and it's been the best 12 years of my life.  It's expensive as fuck, but worth every penny.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 10:36:21 AM »
Fucken, wow. THE BEEF had no idea.

THE BEEF

The 3 least expensive homes in SF (…still not very inexpensive)

Every time we write about the most expensive homes in the city, readers suggest we also cover the least expensive. We understand the sentiment: if we could afford to buy in SF, we too would need the low end of the spectrum. But a review of that low end shows us a) we can’t really afford these or  b) we maybe don’t want them anyway. For, as readers will see, the question of whether these homes are “a good buy” isn’t answerable with a clear “yes” or decisive “no.”

The properties don’t make quite the spectacular slide show their pricey counterparts do, either.

But we press on.

In our research, we tried at first to find single-family homes under $350K in San Francisco proper. Finding none on the MLS, we instead chose condos and town-homes. We excluded luxury time-shares  and also senior-only listings.

Here then are the 3 least expensive listings in the city of San Francisco now. Are they deals? Depends a lot on what you consider “worth the money.” Take a tour and let us know in the comments...

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2012/04/11/the-3-least-expensive-homes-in-sf-still-not-very-inexpensive/?tsp=1

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
i love the sun the women the bodybuilding culture

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »
Been to SF a couple of times. Really nice place. A bit coolish, temp-wise, but a great walking-around town. Found an amazing record (cd) store, food was good, and no problems finding a pub.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »
I'm thinking about buying a home in California, but I don't know where exactly.

Any of you here know of the best places to live in within CA (LA, San Fran, San Diego, Anaheim, Santa Barbara, Beverly Hills, Burbank)?

Thanks,
"1"

my ideal would be having both a downtown loft in san francisco, and a house on a golf course just outside of town.  go back and forth between the two.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »
Been to SF a couple of times. Really nice place. A bit coolish, temp-wise, but a great walking-around town. Found an amazing record (cd) store, food was good, and no problems finding a pub.

and you didn't call?
a

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 02:00:44 PM »
it was a fun place to live for 20 years.  Loving it up here in the PNW.  Little cloudier , lots of rain now, but people are way nicer than socal.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »
If you can afford to live here... live here.  8)
Isn't that the gay capital of the U.S.? 

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 07:59:31 PM »

Every time we write about the most expensive homes in the city, readers suggest we also cover the least expensive. We understand the sentiment: if we could afford to buy in SF, we too would need the low end of the spectrum. But a review of that low end shows us a) we can’t really afford these or  b) we maybe don’t want them anyway. For, as readers will see, the question of whether these homes are “a good buy” isn’t answerable with a clear “yes” or decisive “no.”

The properties don’t make quite the spectacular slide show their pricey counterparts do, either.

But we press on.

In our research, we tried at first to find single-family homes under $350K in San Francisco proper. Finding none on the MLS, we instead chose condos and town-homes. We excluded luxury time-shares  and also senior-only listings.

Here then are the 3 least expensive listings in the city of San Francisco now. Are they deals? Depends a lot on what you consider “worth the money.” Take a tour and let us know in the comments...

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2012/04/11/the-3-least-expensive-homes-in-sf-still-not-very-inexpensive/?tsp=1

Bay is it out of line to ask the avg price of houses in your neighborhood?

THE BEEF

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »
Bay,

THE BEEF

Bay is it out of line to ask the avg price of houses in your neighborhood?

THE BEEF

Do I look like your research assistant?  In the time it took you to post the above, you could have clicked your mouse and found the average price of houses in any neighborhood in the country.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »
There are many different optiions within LA. My top two choices would be the Pacific Palisades or marina del Rey.  The palisades, where Arnold, Tom brady and many athletes and movie stars live is more residential. Marina del Rey you can walk to the beach, but will have either a condo or no hard. Also it's close to Venice,  so you have a few bums here and there.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Malibu/18425-Coastline-Dr-90265/home/6850794

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Marina-Del-Rey/143-Westwind-Mall-90292/home/6783326

Went to Cali last year and visited family for the first time in pacific palisades.    my god - heaven on earth landscape wise. 

a far cry from the. Bronx new York where I live for sure.  My idea of the beach is looking at fat puerto ricans on orchard beach in the Bronx in bikinis screaming at their kids and downing beers and hot dogs. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 09:19:23 PM »

But we press on.

Is there such a thing as "San Fran Proper"?  I've seen fixers 4-5 miles South, which were $300,000 family homes.

If I relocated to San Fran for more money, could I hangout with you?  :-X

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
Went to Cali last year and visited family for the first time in pacific palisades.    my god - heaven on earth landscape wise. 

Hot girly soccer players in that area too.

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »
LOL at San Fran having better nightlife than San Diego  ::)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »

a far cry from the. Bronx new York where I live for sure.  My idea of the beach is looking at fat puerto ricans on orchard beach in the Bronx in bikinis screaming at their kids and downing beers and hot dogs. 

If it's Los Angeles just replace puerto ricans with mexicans and illegal central Americans. These filthy bastards fucked up California..