Author Topic: How do you like living in California??  (Read 7981 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
How do you like living in California??
« on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
I'm thinking about buying a home in California, but I don't know where exactly.

Any of you here know of the best places to live in within CA (LA, San Fran, San Diego, Anaheim, Santa Barbara, Beverly Hills, Burbank)?

Thanks,
"1"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: How do you like living in California??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »

Any of you here know of the best places to live in within CA (LA, San Fran, San Diego, Anaheim, Santa Barbara, Beverly Hills, Burbank)?

Thanks,
"1"

Orange County. Corona Del Mar, Newport, HB, Laguna Beach.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:36:46 PM »
Orange County. Corona Del Mar, Newport, HB, Laguna Beach.

I think he'd like Laguna the best.

DBX

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »

Thanks,
"1"
calicornia is great , except for all the fags

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »
I think he'd like Laguna the best.

I was going to say that but I didn't want to offend :D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »
calicornia is great , except for all the fags messicans.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
i live in burbank, really quite area in los angeles, im next to DownTown Burbank, area is full of rich people so its very safe ... Disney stuido, NBC Studio, nickelodeon, and any other studio you can think of are almost all in burbank.

And Portos Bakery is alway full of Famous Homosexual movie stars, athletes and artist.... you will fit night in

And Burbank Athletic club is only $10 a month, and Dumbells go up to 150lbs 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 04:51:36 PM »
I like areas that are safe, diverse, with a young population, close to the beach (as in a short walk), a great night life and beautiful homes (1-2 mil).

It doesn't matter to me whether it's heavily populated with Gay folk or not, we can work well with both ends of the spectrum. 

What I don't like is dirty looking streets, heavy crime etc..

"1"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »

"1"

You can forget diversity then.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
If you can afford to live here... live here.  8)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »
I like areas that are safe, diverse, with a young population, close to the beach (as in a short walk), a great night life and beautiful homes (1-2 mil).

It doesn't matter to me whether it's heavily populated with Gay folk or not, we can work well with both ends of the spectrum. 

"1"

Pacific Ocean anywhere down the coast in los angles is toilet water , i havent swam in the ocean in over 15years and i lived/worked about 15min from it

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 04:57:42 PM »
Southern CA is fun to visit, but I prefer up North.  From wine tasting to sailing on the Bay... it doesn't get any better. 8)

if you are older and looking to retire Santa Barbara is way nice!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »
If you can afford to live here... live here.  I do.  8)

San Fran is beautiful.  It's pretty affordable compared to what I pay for in New York.  Bay, what about Beach Homes?  Are there beautiful beach homes there?

"1"

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 05:01:18 PM »

"1"

Pay close attention to this folks, esp the ones in places like Texas, Florida, etc.  You really don't want to see what a 250-300k home ( below is TX) looks like.  Part 2 isn't as bad.  I've seen nothing in San Diego to date that can compare to Chicago, Detroit, NY, etc.

Anyway, ultra cool place when you can slow down.

If you're on a budget, stay in TX.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 05:02:43 PM »
San Fran is beautiful.  It's pretty affordable compared to what I pay for in New York.  Bay, what about Beach Homes?  Are there beautiful beach homes there?

"1"

No.  If you are thinking of "beach homes" then you are thinking of Southern California: Malibu, Newport Beach, San Diego, etc. But those places aren't known for being "young" "diverse" or great night life.  San Francisco is all of those things.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »
No.  If you are thinking of "beach homes" then you are thinking of Southern California: Malibu, Newport Beach, San Diego, etc. But those places aren't known for being "young" "diverse" or great night life.  San Francisco is all of those things.

???

From Oceanside - Imperial Beach you can find the young and hot.  In fact they find you when I think about it.  

You're just high on San Fran for the hot dog eating contests.  San Diego only has Hill Crest (Homo Nest).

You can find them near the beach straight getbiggers.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 05:15:44 PM »
Usually, I stay economical when it's comes to cars, but I figured I will splurge a bit in July with my new purchase.  With 1.9% financing, no real non-academic bills other than a lease, I'm going to style a bit for the ladies.

My man, Parker  8)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »
We get it homo, you want to bragg about your money, but still, you re a sinning egoistical attention whoring fag who -hopefull- wont have any offsprings. A nihilistic male wrapped in a diva's dress.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 05:24:55 PM »
No.  If you are thinking of "beach homes" then you are thinking of Southern California: Malibu, Newport Beach, San Diego, etc. But those places aren't known for being "young" "diverse" or great night life.  San Francisco is all of those things.

Well, we (Husband and I) are both in our late 40's, so San Fran might be a better fit for us.

How long have you lived in San Fran Bay?

G_Thang, a 1-2 million dollar home in New York gets you something very modest.  We own a condo down in Tribeca, it's facing the Hudson River and has 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths and a nice balcony.  We both just feel that it would be nice to get away from the cold.

We do know that down in Texas, 1-2 Million dollars can get you a mansion, but the fact that it's so damn hot down there can become a problem, that and being too close to Mexico worries us due to the high crime rate.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »
We get it homo, you want to bragg about your money, but still, you re a sinning egoistical attention whoring fag who -hopefull- wont have any offsprings. A nihilistic male wrapped in a diva's dress.

Uber,

Are you talking about me?

"1"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
 We both just feel that it would be nice to get away from the cold.
"1"

San Francisco isn't exactly known for its warmth.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 05:37:14 PM »

G_Thang, a 1-2 million dollar home in New York gets you something very modest.  We own a condo down in Tribeca, it's facing the Hudson River and has 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths and a nice balcony.  We both just feel that it would be nice to get away from the cold.

We do know that down in Texas, 1-2 Million dollars can get you a mansion, but the fact that it's so damn hot down there can become a problem, that and being too close to Mexico worries us due to the high crime rate.

"1"

I'd have to steal from Chaos to afford an $1M home right now.  Someone told me that in NY you don't pay for the square footage but the business life, esp if you are a professional.  I'm sure the same can be said about San Fran.  

Chula Vista (right near the border) and the rest of Southern Cali have as many Mexicans per square populated block as Texas.  

I guess what works for your husband and you?

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 05:54:03 PM »
I loved it in Cali but I live in Waikiki at the moment. I think you should move to Santa Monica. Lots of meat for you and your husband ;)

Smages

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »
There are many different optiions within LA. My top two choices would be the Pacific Palisades or marina del Rey.  The palisades, where Arnold, Tom brady and many athletes and movie stars live is more residential. Marina del Rey you can walk to the beach, but will have either a condo or no hard. Also it's close to Venice,  so you have a few bums here and there.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Malibu/18425-Coastline-Dr-90265/home/6850794

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Marina-Del-Rey/143-Westwind-Mall-90292/home/6783326

danabol

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 06:41:25 PM »

Pacific Ocean anywhere down the coast in los angles is toilet water , i havent swam in the ocean in over 15years and i lived/worked about 15min from it

wow most be shit lol  :o...

ide love too mave and live in cali BUT