Author Topic: Kenya sees large increase in U.S. Government projects under Obama Admn.  (Read 3122 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Kenya Sees Spike in Obama Administration-Funded Projects
U.S. Trade & Aid Monitor ^ | April 14, 2012 | Steve Peacock
Posted on April 14, 2012 4:32:01 PM EDT by Steve Peacock

Kenya Sees Spike in Obama Administration-Funded Projects U.S. Trade & Aid Monitor, April 14, 2012

Kenyan businesses lately have increasingly become recipients of U.S. government largesse, as the Obama Administration, among pursuing other endeavors, aims to expand "livestock-related economic opportunities" in the president’s former home nation. Although this and other recently released presolicitation notices for unrelated programs serve as advance alerts to potential vendors—and therefore do not offer cost estimates and other details— a review of U.S. government contracting actions nonetheless indicates a spike of activity in Kenya in a variety of sectors.

The White House is committing to a five-year effort to "improve the inclusiveness and competitiveness" of the livestock industry specifically in Marsabit and Garissa counties, Kenya, according to a presolicitation notice released April 12 that U.S. Trade & Aid Monitor located via routine database research. Although this and other presolicitation notices for unrelated programs serve as advance alerts to potential vendors—and therefore do not offer cost estimates and other details— a review of recent U.S. government contracting actions nonetheless indicates a spike of activity in Kenya in a variety of sectors.

The Feed the Future-related initiative, known as the Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands-Accelerated Growth, or REGAL-AG, program, will be carried out by contractors hired by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), according to the document.

The agency did not disclose the project’s estimated cost: "No additional information regarding this planned RFP [Request for Proposals] is available at this time."

USAID that same day separately alerted potential contractors to the launching of yet another endeavor in that nation, known as the Kenya Agricultural Value Chain Enterprises, or KAVES, program.

The KAVES presolicitation notice simply states the agency’s intention “to use full and open competition for the contract, which will be performed in Kenya. USAID intends to release the solicitation within the next 45 days.”

The agency pointed out that the presolicitation number will change upon release of a bid request, but the program name would remain the same.

Other recent contracting actions include:

1) Up to $50 million in U.S. Navy-coordinated military construction projects on the horizon at Camp Simba, Kenya, and at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti.

2) Deployment to Kenya of a privately contracted Regional Advisor for USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA). as well as an Emerging Pandemic Threats Advisor.

3) A U.S. Trade & Development Agency-led search for a contractor to perform a “definitional mission” exploring possible funding of geothermal energy projects in Kenya and Rwanda.

The above-mentioned endeavors have taken place in recent weeks; however, other notable U.S.-funded Kenyan projects thus far in 2012 include the launching of a National Institutes of Health-led initiative to hire contractors to conduct genetic research of Kenyans with Type-2 diabetes. Separately, the U.S. Army embarked upon a market survey of potential vendors to provide helicopter flight-training simulators to the Kenyan government.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bump

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bump for the liars like 180, "whork", blackass,

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

You are absolutely right....we should not do business with any other country in the world.... ::)
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

How did they lie?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

You are absolutely right....we should not do business with any other country in the world.... ::)

333... is against capitalism yet again ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

what the MF are you bumping me for?  Obama is illegally in office, he was born in kenya.   suck my dick if you need somethign beyond that lol. 

why not ask the 'repubs' on the board who don't have the ballsack to admit bama wasn't born on US soil.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
what the MF are you bumping me for?  Obama is illegally in office, he was born in kenya.   suck my dick if you need somethign beyond that lol. 

why not ask the 'repubs' on the board who don't have the ballsack to admit bama wasn't born on US soil.

Outsourcing jobs to Kenya.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
333... is against capitalism yet again ::)
.... Dont really see how Federal funding of Kenyan projects is "capitalism"

240 is Back

• Getbig V

which of the projects is an outsource, and how many american jobs will be lost?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
which of the projects is an outsource, and how many american jobs will be lost?

Every single penny spent in Kenya in $ we either don't have or should be spent here.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Every single penny spent in Kenya in $ we either don't have or should be spent here.

And everywhere else in the world right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And everywhere else in the world right?

Yes.   I don't believe in Foreign aid or this type of stuff when we are broke almost beyond repair.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Yes.   I don't believe in Foreign aid or this type of stuff when we are broke almost beyond repair.   

should israel receive US money/foreign aid, 333386?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
should israel receive US money/foreign aid, 333386?

No. 

WE ARE BROKE

WE ARE BROKE

WE ARE BROKE 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

another off the wall thread......you are too dumb to realize that Africa is the next big market in global business,,,,,,the chinese are investing heavily in Africa....the covert message in your thread is that the U.S. government is giving welfare to Africans....EPIC AND MONUMENTAL BACKFIRE.....

as a matter to fact no president did more for Africa than GEORGE W BUSH....he is worshipped in Africa and just got back from a trip there where he was treated as if he were still the POTUS

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

tell the chinese that.... ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
tell the chinese that.... ::)

China is a bubble and not what you think they are. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
China is a bubble and not what you think they are. 

I sure hope youre right

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

okay..fair enough...so where are your threads on the foreign aid we give to Israel, Egypt, pakistan....etc

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE U.S. GIVES FOREIGN AID TO RUSSIA, CHINA, BRAZIL,INDIA,!!!!!!!!..all of these countries are in the BRIC economic bloc ....

The funny thing is that again..you and others on here are so focused on what black people are getting that these other nations are robbing us blind

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

okay..fair enough...so where are your threads on the foreign aid we give to Israel, Egypt, pakistan....etc

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE U.S. GIVES FOREIGN AID TO RUSSIA, CHINA, BRAZIL,INDIA,!!!!!!!!..all of these countries are in the BRIC economic bloc ....

The funny thing is that again..you and others on here are so focused on what black people are getting that these other nations are robbing us blind

You want me to post even more threads than I already do now?   Really?   ;D  ;D  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

You want me to post even more threads than I already do now?   Really?   ;D  ;D  ;D

no..just pointing out your latent racism again...carry on

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
no..just pointing out your latent racism again...carry on

I'm not racist - I hate everyone equally.  Shit - I hate most wops and ginzos more than most.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
I'm not racist - I hate everyone equally.  Shit - I hate most wops and ginzos more than most.   

what the HELL is a ginzo???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
what the HELL is a ginzo???

Dago, wop, guniea, greaser, goombah, zip, guido, etc. 

Remember this gem?