Author Topic: Are you smarter than an atheist? A religious quiz  (Read 12886 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Are you smarter than an atheist? A religious quiz
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »
That no-good bastard.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »
32 out of 32 and I have NEVER been to church in my life, have always been an atheist and I hate all religions and think they are all for morons.  Easy Quiz.

What's your point?  I'm religious and I got them all right too.  I went to church all of my life and have always been religious and I love all atheists and think they are all God's children.  Easy Quiz.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 07:47:58 PM »
32. I grew up in a particular religion, but have studied many religions and gone to the church / temples of several large and small organizations (some would say cults).

all i know is that if youre a good person, and if there is a heaven youll be there, if not, youll be reincarnated as a  3rd tier IFBB pro

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 02:15:29 AM »
25 out of 32, but that was a fucked up test - questions pertaining to the US constittuion, how the hell has that anything to do with religion, actually, there were a few questions there just completely biased to the USA - I find this often with anything American, it is aimed at them and not a universal market - the yanks have trouble imagining there are other countries, they just kinda think maybe they might exist, but just in case, we will pretend we are the only country on the planet.  That was a useless test that had very little to do with religion.

Also I am an Agnostic - the truth can not be known with our teeny weeny brains, if it could be known, we would have been given bigger brains.
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 02:31:22 AM »
32 easy

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 03:35:18 AM »
32 out of 32 and I have NEVER been to church in my life, have always been an atheist and I hate all religions and think they are all for morons.  Easy Quiz.

I'm sure your creator is very pleased with your grateful attitude for life.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 03:54:14 AM »
25 out of 32, but that was a fucked up test - questions pertaining to the US constittuion, how the hell has that anything to do with religion, actually, there were a few questions there just completely biased to the USA - I find this often with anything American, it is aimed at them and not a universal market - the yanks have trouble imagining there are other countries, they just kinda think maybe they might exist, but just in case, we will pretend we are the only country on the planet.  That was a useless test that had very little to do with religion.

Also I am an Agnostic - the truth can not be known with our teeny weeny brains, if it could be known, we would have been given bigger brains.
You're way superior to those Americans.

That's for sure.
G

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 04:29:58 AM »
Why does getbig attract so many individuals of above average intelligence?  ???

This has nothing to do with intelligence.

I am yet to be beaten in IQ test topic :/

I do not care about religion and I think I had most of these questions wrong (couldn't make myself through it whole tho, too boring). Couldn't care less, I prefer watching Iron Man than reading this bullshit.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 05:06:39 AM »
Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups in a 32-question survey of religious knowledge by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. On average, Americans got 16 of the 32 questions correct. Atheists and agnostics got an average of 20.9 correct answers. Jews (20.5) and Mormons (20.3). Protestants got 16 correct answers on average, while Catholics got 14.7 questions right.

How will you do on the quiz?

28 out of 32. I am an atheist.

NN

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 05:27:25 AM »
26/32

Not that I know much about religion but most were common knowledge and some I knew from taking Civilizations History in college.  I am an atheist.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 07:07:59 AM »
28/32 Christian! 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 11:07:26 AM »
I would never dream of comparing myself to an atheist or agnostic in terms of any type of knowledge.  Most atheists and agnostics already know everything and have read all the important books worth reading.....most have college degrees!!! 

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »
30/32

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 02:05:18 PM »
25/32..... and I'm... oh, nevermind..

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »
32/32

Grew up in a Christian environment.

Been agnostic since I was 16.

My girlfriend did 10/32, she's Buddhist and barely speaks English.

8)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 02:21:58 PM »
31/32

Mormonism tripped me up. Rest is simple.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends / colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?

Forward this to increase their knowledge … or FAITH.

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends / colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?

Wow, nice one coach. :)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
Interesting conversation, but snopes says it wasn't Einstein:

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

Swlabr

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »
LOL, that story by Coach is utter shit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »
Interesting conversation, but snopes says it wasn't Einstein:

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

Who is Barbara "Nanny and the professor" Mikkleson??? This is context only from someone who doesn't want to believe. This sounds exactly like a professor in college who refuses to teach or explain both sides of the coin. Tell both sides equally and let the student draw their own conclusions about what he or she wants to believe in.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 04:56:49 PM »

What part? And can you dispute it?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »
Please explain,... ???

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 05:01:28 PM »
Einstein didn't believe, Coach. That's all I'm saying. It was probably an anecdote created by someone who just added his name to it.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »

(Student was silent.)

(Student had no answer.)

P.S.

A bunch of stupid nonsense