Author Topic: Thyroid hormones  (Read 4011 times)

Dnukem

• Getbig I
Thyroid hormones
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »
I'm wondering what you guy's thoughts are on an 18 year old taking thyroid hormones to accelerate weight loss, as well as what side effects to expect and if there is a way to bring natural thyroid production back after coming off.

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
Re: Thyroid hormones
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »
From what I've read on here your natural thyroid production is rather resilient and gets back to normal quickly.

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:45:29 PM »
this^^^^^

i remember reading somewhere about people being "misdiagnosed" and being put on thyroid medication for YEARS and after stopping cold turkey their levels returned to normal within weeks i think it was

sorry dint have this study on hand, but google is your friend :D

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 10:28:21 PM »
When starting -- go full throttle.

Coming off -- taper off.

Age has no variance in T3 usage. As some are put on it (or T4 depending on circumstances) from an early age (<10 years of age) whose thyroid gland has been compromised.

Dnukem

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »
Alright, thanks for the info. How much t3 should a 185lb around 20%bf male take?

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »
Alright, thanks for the info. How much t3 should a 185lb around 20%bf male take?

Well, first of all, you're going to have to tell us what your diet, training, and cardio look like  ;D

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »
i dont think any issues, dont over do it but damn, diet hard and do cardio and itll come off lol  I dont think 18 year old should get started with it, hormones are high and can get very lean without that
muscle

Dnukem

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »
Well, first of all, you're going to have to tell us what your diet, training, and cardio look like  ;D

My diet is shit right now, I was thinking about giving a keto diet a try when i start cutting. Training and cardio are non existent right now, I've been out of the gym for most of the year due to a spinal disc injury but I'm going to get a gym membership soon and I'll probably start doing an average bodybuilding regimen.

I am also wondering if it would be a good idea to add a small amount of oral AAS and possibly ephedrine/caffeine as well.

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »
My diet is shit right now, I was thinking about giving a keto diet a try when i start cutting. Training and cardio are non existent right now, I've been out of the gym for most of the year due to a spinal disc injury but I'm going to get a gym membership soon and I'll probably start doing an average bodybuilding regimen.

I am also wondering if it would be a good idea to add a small amount of oral AAS and possibly ephedrine/caffeine as well.

Sorry to hear about your injury, man. Get back going in the gym first with consistent cardio and training, and of course good diet, then worry about this stuff. After you get back at it you could do either T3, ECA, or both. If you want to sauce up it'd be to your benefit to get lean first then hit it  :)

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »

Without hormones in the mix, you will burn a lot of muscle with T3. I've tried it, it was not a good idea. Until you are ready to take T3, take clen or Ephedrine instead. Also get your diet, cardio, and training in order first.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 09:04:12 PM »

50mcg ed is the threshold IMHO where it starts to work at. Anything above adjust accordingly by 25mcg increments.

Better yet - start off at 25mcg for 7 days and see how you feel first. Then adjust as needed.

chess315

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
 t3 works a lot better then I thought it did 50mcg so so 75 pretty good just try to be hungery a little bit of the day and not eat calorie dense foods you will drop weight. In theory you really only want to lose 2-4 lbs a week after you drop water weight. SO you want to eat just little enough to lose 2-3 lbs a week imo unless your pretty husky lol I think t3 burns a lot more then ephedrine but curbs appetite and and hold muscle. YOu always here about t3 burning muscle it can actually make you gain muscle and strength also at low dose. On thing I over looked with t3 is your metabolism cant stall which is very good.

chess315

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:28:34 PM »
if i was 18 I would work up to 75 or 100 and eat less and better not perfect just sensible. You should be hungry some of the day. you have a lot of bf to lose so it would take 2-3 months imo to get to sub 10.

Dnukem

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 05:40:49 PM »
How long should I take t3 for and can it cause diabetes? Someone told me that it does and it's making me weary of trying it

Also is the general population on getbig against people under the age of 21-25 using aas like every other bodybuilding website?

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »
How long should I take t3 for and can it cause diabetes? Someone told me that it does and it's making me weary of trying it.

Most people cycle it in and out from 6 weeks to 6 months. I been on for 2.5 months and see the endocrinologist every 3 months. Plus when off, i go to T4 right away as prescribed.

T3 causing diabetes? I have never seen any studies with causal links or even anecdotal evidence of diabetes occurrences.

Just make sure when coming off -- to taper off.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 06:09:47 PM »
Just by simply hitting the gym and watching what you eat you'd be able to drop that bf with ease. Going from 20% to at least 12%bf should be doable for anyone with a little bit of discipline.  I'm all for utilising drugs to achieve our goals but imo you just don't need it at this point.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »
How long should I take t3 for and can it cause diabetes? Someone told me that it does and it's making me weary of trying it

Also is the general population on getbig against people under the age of 21-25 using aas like every other bodybuilding website?

I always cycle it for 6-8 weeks depending on my goals. I never go over 100mcg anymore. I taper up and back down.

I've never heard of it causing diabetes.

I personally don't care who uses AAS. I'd rather a young guy be honest and ask good questions here so they can get informed instead of hiding it and not understanding what's going on with your body. You can ask questions here without getting flamed for the most part. Just take any negative comments in stride and learn from the guys who help you.

8)

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »
t3 works a lot better then I thought it did 50mcg so so 75 pretty good just try to be hungery a little bit of the day and not eat calorie dense foods you will drop weight. In theory you really only want to lose 2-4 lbs a week after you drop water weight. SO you want to eat just little enough to lose 2-3 lbs a week imo unless your pretty husky lol I think t3 burns a lot more then ephedrine but curbs appetite and and hold muscle. YOu always here about t3 burning muscle it can actually make you gain muscle and strength also at low dose. On thing I over looked with t3 is your metabolism cant stall which is very good.

im doing 50 mg a week with some test. do u think i should up it to 75mg the next week? been on it for 3 days. hunger is one thing i definetly noticed increase. tho i still got full very quick. why does t3 make u hungrier? anyone know?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 04:59:34 PM »
im doing 50 mg a week with some test. do u think i should up it to 75mg the next week? been on it for 3 days. hunger is one thing i definetly noticed increase. tho i still got full very quick. why does t3 make u hungrier? anyone know?

T3 increases you metabolism to a degree, which causes hunger. It makes me extremely hungry 24/7.

I hope you mean MCG's and not MG's, also i'm assuming you meant 50 a day, not per week.

I'd stay at 50mcg another week since it's your first run with it. If your diet is good you won't need more than 75mcg IMO.

8)

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 04:02:39 AM »
haha yeah meant mcg not mg lol, and yeah 50 mg a day not week. i was tired  ;D

What is the safe dosage to go up to? and is there much difference between say 50mcg and 100 mcg a day? Do clen and t3 work well together?

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 07:27:46 AM »
^^ LOL

At 200 mcg a day, I don't get increased hunger

HAHA!! I notice no difference (sides, feeling, EFFECTS, RESULTS)  AT ALL from 50mcg and 200mcg

PHARM GRADE BTW before anyone says stupid shit like "underdosed, bunk, fake" LOL

(Just laughing at how fucking unbelievable my drug response/tolerance is)  ;D  :'(

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »
haha yeah meant mcg not mg lol, and yeah 50 mg a day not week. i was tired  ;D

What is the safe dosage to go up to? and is there much difference between say 50mcg and 100 mcg a day? Do clen and t3 work well together?

I wouldn't go above 100mcg. There really is no need for a higher dose of it at all. Diet and cardio work wonders with some T3 mixed in.

T3 is one of those drugs that many people never "feel", but I can feel a huge difference between 50mcg and 100mcg. Like i said before if it's your first time i would limit it to 75-100mcg per day. I have used it off and on for many years and never needed any more than 100mcg to get completely shredded. Don't forget the diet and cardio.

Clen and T3 work great together. I personally don't like the feeling i get on Clen, but it works great.

8)