Author Topic: whats the worst drug reaction you had???  (Read 11398 times)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: whats the worst drug reaction you had???
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2012, 09:39:01 AM »
Plus 1 opiate and benzo withdraw will have you crying on the fucken floor like your whole family was just slaughtered in front of you. Withdraw from those drugs is the worst nightmare you can ever imagine.
THIS. Weed withdrawls? No such thing

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »
I bet you had some great jam sessions huh?

Bahahaha!  :D

Trying to play something as simple as Paranoid while on acid is next to impossible. It's pretty damn funny to those watching I bet.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2012, 09:46:34 AM »
THIS. Weed withdrawls? No such thing

oh jesus another idiot i have to dispatch, i should get payed for education on here, seriously. pay me Ron, fuck. Maybe you were smoking some weak shit, i dont know, all i know is i smoke legit purp kush cured properly with so many trichromes you can see your reflection in it. I smoked around 2-3 grams of it a day to myself and have witnessed many of my friends go through it. Go pour some concrete or something.

Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011 Dec 7. [Epub ahead of print]
Diagnostic criteria for cannabis withdrawal syndrome.
Gorelick DA, Levin KH, Copersino ML, Heishman SJ, Liu F, Boggs DL, Kelly DL.
Source
Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, 251 Bayview Blvd. #200, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA.
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
Cannabis withdrawal occurs in frequent users who quit, but there are no accepted diagnostic criteria for a cannabis withdrawal syndrome (CWS). This study evaluated diagnostic criteria for CWS proposed in DSM-V and two earlier proposals.
METHOD:
A convenience sample of 384 adult, non-treatment-seeking lifetime cannabis smokers provided retrospective self-report data on their "most difficult" quit attempt without formal treatment, which was used in this secondary analysis. Prevalence, time of onset, and peak intensity (5-point Likert scale) for 39 withdrawal symptoms (drawn from the literature) were assessed via computer-administered questionnaire. Subject groups were compared using chi-square or ANOVA. Symptom clustering was evaluated with principal components analysis.
RESULTS:
40.9% of subjects met the DSM-V criterion of ≥3 symptoms from a list of 7. There were no associations with sex, race, or type of cannabis preparation used. There were significant positive associations between duration or frequency of cannabis use prior to the quit attempt and experiencing CWS. Subjects with CWS had a significantly shorter duration of abstinence. Alternative syndromal criteria (dropping physical symptoms from DSM-V list; requiring ≥2 or ≥4 symptoms from a list of 11) yielded a similar prevalence of CWS and similar associations with prior cannabis use and relapse. The PCA yielded 12 factors, including some symptom clusters not included in DSM-V.
CONCLUSIONS:
Findings support the concurrent and predictive validity of the proposed DSM-V CWS, but suggest that the list of withdrawal symptoms and number required for diagnosis warrant further evaluation

Behav Brain Res. 2012 Mar 5;231(1):48-59. [Epub ahead of print]
Withdrawal from THC during adolescence: Sex differences in locomotor activity and anxiety.
Harte-Hargrove LC, Dow-Edwards DL.
Source
Department of Physiology/Pharmacology, Program in Neural and Behavioral Sciences, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, United States; Departments of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry, and Physiology & Neuroscience, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, United States.
Abstract
Research suggests that the use and abuse of marijuana can be especially harmful if it occurs during adolescence, a period of vast developmental changes throughout the brain. Due to the localization of cannabinoid receptors within the limbic system and the established effects of cannabinoids on emotional states and anxiety levels of rats and humans, we studied the sex- and dose-related effects of Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC, the main psychoactive component in marijuana) on behavior and anxiety during spontaneous withdrawal. Male and female Sprague Dawley rats were administered 2, 7.5 or 15mg/kg THC or vehicle from postnatal day 35-41 (approximating mid-adolescence in humans). Locomotor activity and anxiety-related behaviors were measured during drug administration and abstinence. THC caused significant dose-dependent locomotor depression during drug administration. Locomotor depression initially abated upon drug cessation, but re-emerged by the end of the abstinence period and was greater in female than male rats. We found sensitization to the locomotor-depressing effects of THC in middle- and high-dose rats and the subsequent development of tolerance in high-dose rats. The high dose of THC increased anxiety-like behaviors while the low dose decreased anxiety-like behaviors during drug administration, with females more sensitive to the anxiogenic effects of THC than males. During abstinence, females were again especially sensitive to the anxiogenic effects of THC. This study demonstrates sexually-dimorphic effects of THC on anxiety-related behaviors and locomotor activity during and after THC administration during adolescence. This information may be useful in the development of therapeutic approaches for the treatment of marijuana withdrawal in adolescents

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
only two interventions besides smoking have been shown to help, exercise as it improves anandamide pharmacokinetics and gabapentin, possibly related to calcium channel and gabaergic effects.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2012, 09:53:45 AM »
Plus 1 opiate and benzo withdraw will have you crying on the fucken floor like your whole family was just slaughtered in front of you. Withdraw from those drugs is the worst nightmare you can ever imagine.

also i wasn't comparing the magnitude, you guys seem to mistake that. Cannabis has opiate activity, increases neuronal serotonin, improves dopaminergic neurotransmission amongst other things. The symptoms are a mix of benzo and opiate, thats what i said. Not that it is as bad, ive gone through benzo, 4 year habit cold turkey so trust me i know the horrors it can cause. However, the digestive issues with weed are worse for me then the tremor and complete lack of sleep on benzos. Thats just me and i'm certainly the minority, benzo withdrawal can be life threatening and it's a long drawn out issue, i have PAWS due to it still. I'm not making shit up or being sensationalist, i'm telling you science is firm on this and i;ve had it happen to me. I have an addictive personality though. at one point i was doing 10-20 bong rips a day. .2 to .3 to myself.

the worst thing someone can do is say something doesn't exist because they didn't have it, it is documented and they are trying to find ways to lessen the burden, clearly it's an issue. Just go on mj forums and look at all the potheads going through the same symptoms, i can't sleep, cold sweats constantly, nausea, vomiting, the shites, tremor, panic attacks, depression, anhedonia, derealization etc...

i win.