Author Topic: Mike Mattarazzo anti steroids quote  (Read 17957 times)

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
Mike Mattarazzo anti steroids quote
« on: April 18, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
This is why I steer clear of the roids:

"Oh, god, where do I begin? I'd have to say that everything that led to my heart problem began the minute I started getting serious about competitive bodybuilding. In order to get bigger, I'd eat five, six, seven pounds of red meat a day, no vegetables. And I'd stay away from fruits because of their sugar.

Worst were the chemicals. I have so many memories of being alone in a hotel room the week, five days or two days before a contest, and doing unspeakable things to my body—steroids, growth hormones, diuretics—anything and everything that we as bodybuilders do to achieve a certain look.

It has affected my whole life, so to all those guys who are on an eternal quest to have 21" arms and 20" calves, and who are so vain about their never-say-die attitude, I say, "Change your attitude." Worry about keeping that body of yours as healthy as possible, because it's going to have to last you not just through your next contest or to the end of your bodybuilding contract, but for a long time. And a long time for a human being is nothing. It goes by real quick, even quicker when your health is gone and you have nothing to stand on."

csnut18

• Getbig III
Re: Mike Mattarazzo anti steroids quote
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »
This is why I steer clear of the roids:

"Oh, god, where do I begin? I'd have to say that everything that led to my heart problem began the minute I started getting serious about competitive bodybuilding. In order to get bigger, I'd eat five, six, seven pounds of red meat a day, no vegetables. And I'd stay away from fruits because of their sugar.

Worst were the chemicals. I have so many memories of being alone in a hotel room the week, five days or two days before a contest, and doing unspeakable things to my body—steroids, growth hormones, diuretics—anything and everything that we as bodybuilders do to achieve a certain look.

It has affected my whole life, so to all those guys who are on an eternal quest to have 21" arms and 20" calves, and who are so vain about their never-say-die attitude, I say, "Change your attitude." Worry about keeping that body of yours as healthy as possible, because it's going to have to last you not just through your next contest or to the end of your bodybuilding contract, but for a long time. And a long time for a human being is nothing. It goes by real quick, even quicker when your health is gone and you have nothing to stand on."

He was doing the ultimate abuse though. And eating 5 lbs of red meat a day would prob give anyone a heart attack.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
I'm sure this thinking came after the sponsors stopped calling and no longer could make money in bodybuilding and he had to get a 9-5 to pay his rent

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »
Would anyone know who Mattarazzo is if he hadn't juiced up?  Anyone?  ??? ::)

Jizzacked

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:01 PM »
live a day as a lion, or a lifetime as a lamb.  he had his day, and will live out his remaining years as a meek eunuch.  pretty sad actually, but that's how the chips fall.

io856

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:53 PM »
good point

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »
Ya the guy really hates steroids and what it did for him, that's why he promotes himself in that way still

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Mattarazzo/232014047627?id=232014047627&_rdr#!/media/set/?set=a.232036177627.138437.232014047627&type=1&v&__user=575242586

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »
Ya the guy really hates steroids and what it did for him, that's why he promotes himself in that way still

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Mattarazzo/232014047627?id=232014047627&_rdr#!/media/set/?set=a.232036177627.138437.232014047627&type=1&v&__user=575242586

As I said, he would have zero identity had he not gone to the dark side of the Force!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:38 PM »
None of that stuff contributed to his death. All hereditary. Just as Derek Anthony  :-\
X

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 10:09:42 PM »
He isn't dead ... is he?

Like he didn't have a clue what he was doing when he was doing it. C'mon.

I tend to like Mike, but give me a break.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »
He was doing the ultimate abuse though. And eating 5 lbs of red meat a day would prob give anyone a heart attack.

This. He can't rightly blame it all on steroids.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07:18 PM »
What does Mike look like these days?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »
great calves on that dude.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 01:01:10 AM »
great calves on that dude.

Also appeared to have good propensity for carrying upper arm mass

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 01:50:12 AM »
  This. He can't rightly blame it all on steroids.

No, but if you're brutally honest it's probably about 90% of the problem. If you're not going to have a healthy balanced diet then steroids will exacerbate that problem ten-fold.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 02:05:23 AM »
No, but if you're brutally honest it's probably about 90% of the problem. If you're not going to have a healthy balanced diet then steroids will exacerbate that problem ten-fold.
I agree

But, its also genetic.

Guys like freddy ortiz, ate meat only, abused orals, drank alcohol, and he's still ok

Someone couldve done what mike did and be ok, and he's not

Like momo benaziza, he got the idea of eating pureed apples only and no fluids, whilst taking diuretics from someone else, others have done it before and since, and made it

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 03:15:33 AM »
Also appeared to have good propensity for carrying upper arm mass

also benefitted by the illusion  created by tiny joints.,

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 03:33:49 AM »
I agree

But, its also genetic.

Guys like freddy ortiz, ate meat only, abused orals, drank alcohol, and he's still ok

Someone couldve done what mike did and be ok, and he's not

Like momo benaziza, he got the idea of eating pureed apples only and no fluids, whilst taking diuretics from someone else, others have done it before and since, and made it

Do you think Freddy did one tenth of the steroids used today? You remind of the smoker that says my uncle smoked till he was 80. The dangers of smoking is all hype.  Drugs are a serious risk to health.
In this little sub culture of a sport it's amazing how many of it's stars has had serious heart and kidney problems. The list is long.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 03:57:32 AM »
His mixing tuna with diet coke is still the most disgusting stuff I heard about a bb's diet...

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 04:34:58 AM »
I made a 'tuna shake romano' once.....You take a can of tuna and a can of tomato sauce and liquify it in a blender....add cilantro,pepper or whatever you like for spices....I couldn't even swallow the first gulp  ;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 04:59:54 AM »
I Wonder what he would do if his son decided to become a Pro Bodybuilder

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 05:03:55 AM »
Do you think Freddy did one tenth of the steroids used today? You remind of the smoker that says my uncle smoked till he was 80. The dangers of smoking is all hype.  Drugs are a serious risk to health.
In this little sub culture of a sport it's amazing how many of it's stars has had serious heart and kidney problems. The list is long.

no, not many heart problems, and the ones that do have them, there is usually a family history

But a lot of kidney problems, and that as you know is diuretics

Guys like freddy seriously abused, as the side effects were unknown, no negative stigma, completely legal supplement, human grade, literally taken by the handful.

The rec drugs and alcohol abuse are also another thing to factor in. Much like in sex industry you'd expect std/aids related deaths, but its the rec drugs that kill them

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 05:39:51 AM »

lotta frightened gays in this thread that if Matarazzo's steroid warning influence spread, no more muscle bottoms for them this makes them very sad and cranky :'( ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 05:45:44 AM »
Do you think Freddy did one tenth of the steroids used today? You remind of the smoker that says my uncle smoked till he was 80. The dangers of smoking is all hype.  Drugs are a serious risk to health.

Please the dangers of smoking is not "all hype".
Ask Freddy Ortiz or any other person who heavily smokes to walk up a hill, or on a incline treadmill (or even a flat one), guaranteed they'd be wheezing in 5-10 minutes.

I've seen one too many people go down due to smoking....if it ain't the lung cancer, it's the severe restriction of breathing...