Author Topic: Steiner Tweets - Work or SHoot  (Read 1852 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Steiner Tweets - Work or SHoot
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
For those who havent followed, TNA let Steiner go a few weeks back and with this he has been very vocal on Twitter how Hogan and Bischoff are running TNA into the ground etc etc

Is this a shoot? Work??

If this is a shoot, I think it is safe to say Steiner is officially done from wrestling....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Steiner Tweets - Work or SHoot
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:28:04 PM »
It's hard to say anymore. Sometimes it's BLATANTLY obvious, like when Cena or Orton tweets. Steiner has been known to shoot during broadcasts - like the infamous promo he cut on Flair back in WCW - so, it wouldn't surprise me if this was legit.

There are still rumors today that Brian Pillman's WCW release & subsequent public trashing of the company while in rival ECW was part of some plan of Bischoff's. Supposedly, the idea was that Brian would develop his "Loose Cannon" gimmick in ECW and then return to WCW hotter; however, Vince secretly signed him to a contract, stealing him out from under Turner.
Personally, I think this explanation was Bischoff backpedaling to save face/ego over losing a talent that would become a major player in the Fed. I would think they'd have had some sort of written agreement with Brian before doing the angle. Then again, it was WCW.

As for Steiner, we may never know the truth to this. Even if the firing is a work, that doesn't necessarily mean that his comments are, too. Scott will speak his mind, as part of the plan or not.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:43:13 AM »
Monty...I am going to hijack my own thread.....

Ahh Pillman, another true great that left way too early. One of those versatile guys that could mix it up with the cruiser weights and the bigger guys........Hollywood Blondes a great tag team that is many times overlooked.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 04:48:46 AM »
LOL!!! Sorry, I wasn’t attempting a hijack; I was only using Pillman as an example of some of the “worked shoots” that have been done over the years. But, since you’re willing to move in that direction…
 ;)

Brian’s last WCW match with Kevin Sullivan was an “I respect you,” match, which was basically an “I quit” match with the goal being to get your opponent to udder those words into the microphone.
Sullivan was booker at the time, Pillman was allegedly unhappy with the direction of his character, and so, during the match, Brian grabbed the mic and said, “I respect you, booker-man,” thus exposing Sullivan’s backstage role - this was before the curtain had been pulled back on the business, and things like this were not done.

Eric Bischoff fired Brian, which must have been legit. Brian went to ECW and became the “Loose Cannon.” Vince wound up hiring him, I believe, to one of the first (maybe the first) guaranteed contract in WWF history.
Eric would later claim that Brian’s departure was all a work meant to give his face a rest in WCW, give him a chance to develop his new persona in ECW, and then come back to WCW…but, Vince got to him first.

I really believe Eric’s story was simply a way of covering his mistake. If Pillman’s firing was an angle, I don’t think they’d have really completely released him from his Turner contract, which seems to have been the case since WWF was able to hire him from ECW.