Author Topic: Mark Kerr: The Smashing Machine.  (Read 15713 times)

suckmymuscle

Mark Kerr: The Smashing Machine.
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
    Mark Kerr, the most dominant MMA HW in the late 1990s and early 2000s, and one of the most legendary users of anabolic steroids of all times. Lol at the part where Kerr injects Nubain in front of everyone....

Holy shit, the fights and fighters back in PRIDE were so vicious...it makes modern MMA seem like playing house in comparison...

And Vovchenchyn was a fucking monster. He looked like a guy who "trained" by eating cookies and drinking beer and yet he destroyed Kerr who outweighted him by 40 lbs and had less bodyfat. It just goes to show that some guys are built more powerfully and there is no amount of drugs that can make up for that...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Mark Kerr: The Smashing Machine.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »
agreed. an incredible documentary. the vale tudo scenes were absolutely fucking brutal.  8)

honestly, everyone should watch this doc.

what's kerr up to these days ? i hope all is good for him. he seems like one of the good fellas !!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
agreed. an incredible documentary. the vale tudo scenes were absolutely fucking brutal.  8)

"Vale-tudo" in Portuguese translates literally into "everything goes", and this is exactly what it was. Traditional Brazilian vale-tudo, which gave birth to the UFC, is so gruesome and brutal that even guys who've seen war, like John McCain, were shocked by it and wanted to ban it from America. The only other fighting tournaments in the World that compare in brutality are Muay-Thai tournaments in Thailand.

In Brazilian Vale-tudo, the only two things that weren't allowed were eye gauging and biting. Everything else goes, from hitting opponents in the back of the head, head butting, stomping a downed opponent, etc. Even spitting inside the eyes of the opponent was allowed to make him temporarilly blind. The goal was the utter destruction of the other man with no rules or mercy.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:06:41 AM »
dude looks like groink

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:18:56 AM »
 "Vale-tudo" in Portuguese translates literally into "everything goes", and this is exactly what it was. Traditional Brazilian vale-tudo, which gave birth to the UFC, is so gruesome and brutal that even guys who've seen war, like John McCain, were shocked by it and wanted to ban it from America. The only other fighting tournaments in the World that compare in brutality are Muay-Thai tournaments in Thailand.

In Brazilian Vale-tudo, the only two things that weren't allowed were eye gauging and biting. Everything else goes, from hitting opponents in the back of the head, head butting, stomping a downed opponent, etc. Even spitting inside the eyes of the opponent was allowed to make him temporarilly blind. The goal was the utter destruction of the other man with no rules or mercy.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

a real 'genius' arent you, mr 176 IQ.

LOL! stupid fuck cant even spell 'eye gouge'.  ::)
b

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 11:21:47 AM »
I have this DVD, it is definitely a good watch.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »

he said 'eye gauging' what's wrong with that ? lol

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »
eye gauging

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »
Didnt he post on getbig back in the days

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=26081

Gosling31977

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »
He was a car salesman in AZ , but who knows now.,

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
The scenes where he's in the ring just raining down blows on his opponents. HOLY FUCK> How the fuck does he not just permanently paralyze people with those punches? They are brutal.

Agreed. THis documentary is outstanding.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WTF are you talking about?  Muay Thai fights are some of the lamest fights ever.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
LOL @ "even guys who've seen war, like John McCain, were shocked by it"... John McCain was a fighter pilot that was captured.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »
Great flick, very well done with lots of drama ect. Havent seen it in while but remember it being pretty brutal. Lots of nasty beatdowns too lol. igor vovchanchyn was one scary mofo back then.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
  The only other fighting tournaments in the World that compare in brutality are Muay-Thai tournaments in Thailand.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Umm - you may not be aware of this, but from the late 1960's through to when I competed in the early 90's (and perhaps even today, although I suspect the rise of MMA has killed it off), there was quite a large fighting circuit in South East Asia, open to all styles, that allowed bare fist or 'covered' (ie - very light foam knuckle shields) striking to all parts of the body excluding the eyes and the back of the head. Throwing was allowed and strikes to a downed opponent were allowed (no grappling though - we all thought we didn't need it and it was thought that good technique saw you standing or in a dominant striking position after a throw). Groin strikes were legal. Joint attacks were legal. In this sort of format I often saw the thai fighters struggle with the larger range of offense than they were used to - and yes - the fact that these fights were often more 'brutal' than a typical Muay Thai match gave them some problems occasionally.

I'm taking nothing away from the MT people - they are awesome and have a fucking fantastic art and usually did very well in this format. In my very first tournament I was knocked out cold by a thai dude climbing on my leg and kneeing me in the face - I have the utmost respect for them - but to say nothing was more brutal than Muay Thai bouts until Vale Tudo reached the masses is not correct.

As far as the Smashing Machine goes - it is the best documentary I've seen. Goddam perfect and so poignant - especially his part at the end with Coleman. And if you listen to the filmmakers commentary, he says something along the lines of it being a film about a man who was the very best in the world at what he did, but he didn't really enjoy doing it all that much. What an incredible way to look at Kerr.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »
Awesome documentary saw it on HBO when it came out Kerr was a beast! was one of the most dominant MMA fighters ever till it fell apart!

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 02:05:50 PM »

LOL! stupid fuck cant even spell 'eye gouge'. 

Lmao..tell me how you really feel about me, turd boy...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »
Mark doesn't like the Mexicans

I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. After years of scrimping and saving and sacrificing, I finally saved enough money to buy a modest older house in a quiet, clean, middle-class neighborhood. The homes were simple, and there were no Homeowner's Associations or clubhouses, but the lawns were green, the trees trimmed, the gardens well-kept, and my neighbors were quiet and friendly. It was perfect for me.

Until the illegals arrived.

Prior to the illegal invasion into my neighborhood, I didn't give illegal immigration much thought. But I remember feeling compassion for them, and feeling that we should give them a break. But the illegals destroyed every shred of compassion I had for them. In fact, I came to hate them.

My slide from compassion to loathing the illegals started back in 2000 when the housing prices in San Diego started to skyrocket. Many of my neighbors decided to cash in and move up to bigger houses and more upscale neighborhoods. Tragically, most of the new buyers in my neighborhood were slumlords looking to rent for awhile and then turn a profit by selling the house.

At first it wasn't too bad. There were just a handful of houses with illegals residing in them. But faster than I could deal with, things deteriorated to the point where my once-lovely neighborhood resembled a Tijuana slum.

Most of the illegals violated every zoning and health code there was. They couldn't afford trash pick-up, so they simply allowed their trash to pile up all over their driveways and lawns...attracting rats, flies and stray dogs.

They owned chickens and goats, which they slaughtered in their backyards. The roosters crowed all day long, and on hot summer days, the stench from the chicken and goat poop was almost unbearable. The fly population quadrupled!

Teenage "Latinas" turned tricks on bunkbeds in their garages. Hispanic men sat out on their driveways all night long and drank beer, jabbered in Spanish and blared their mariachi music.

Lawns died, weeds grew to enormous heights, gardens died, and grafitti started to show up everywhere.

One year, I noticed a trend of most of the illegals hanging Mexican flags on the front of their houses.

When I would come home from work at night, I was often greeted by chickens loitering on my lawn. And there was always chicken poop all over the sidewalks.

The police came and went on a regular basis...mostly due to complaints of noise or prostitution. But nothing ever changed. After awhile it almost seemed that if anybody called the police on the illegals, the police would get annoyed at us for bothering them!

One time I called the Planning Department to file a complaint about a illegal (and dangerous) structure one of the illegals was building, and the woman I spoke with actually suggested I was racist.

One day, I was up on my roof with my dad looking at some shingle issues, and as I looked down on my illegal neighbor's backyard, I spotted a Hispanic man defectating on a bush. Yes, you heard me right. I saw a Hispanic man pooping on a bush in his backyard! I guess that with 30 people sharing a 1-bath house, he must have gotten desperate.

I would see pregnant 14-year-old "Latinas" loitering on the corners when they should have been in school. I would see the "Latinas" in the grocery store, using their food stamps, with their huge broods of children (anchor babies) in tow.

But the last straw for me was the night I was in my living room, watching American Idol, and I heard a commotion in my backyard, along the side of my house. I went into my garage and looked out my garage window, and there were two illegals...two teenage girls...apparently hiding from the cops in my backyard! One of them was throwing up on my lawn mower!

Somebody had called the police because of the drugs and prostitution, so when they police arrived, the girls, obviously under the influence of drugs, bolted into my backyard.

So when I couldn't take it anymore. I sold my house and moved very far from California. And there is NOTHING you can tell me that will convince me that all the Mexican and Central American illegal immigrants in this country are GOOD for the U.S. Sorry, but that's not what I experienced.

I experienced filth...disgusting filth. I experienced a culture of grown men having sex with young girls (sometimes for money, sometimes not). I experienced dozens of people living in one small home, pooping in their backyards, slaughtering chickens and goats, and existing on public assistance. None of the women worked, and if the men were working, I don't know when. What I saw was a lot of beer-driinking and hanging out listening to music.

I saw how fast they could destroy a neighborhood with their neanderthal culture and their backward ways.

Because of the illegals, I left my home, my family, and a job I loved. I'm very happy where I am now (in the midwest), but I DREAD that they will do to this state, what they did to California.

suckmymuscle

"
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
  I think the reason guys like Mark Kerr so much is because he is pretty much the only professional athlete who not only admitted to drug use, but openly boasted about it. Mark Kerr once said he eats d-bol like candy. Steroids were not illegal in Japan where he fought, and all the other guys were taking them as well, so it's not like he was "cheating".

In this documentary, Kerr mainlines opiates in front of the camera, and says that it would be ridiculous for him to not drink beer for "health reasons" since he was taking "over ten injections a day". Brutal honesty!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 02:21:59 PM »
all pills and needles

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »
Mark doesn't like the Mexicans

Wonder what his background is. He's obviously part white, but looks mixed. Part Native??

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
Wonder what his background is. He's obviously part white, but looks mixed. Part Native??

Nah, he looks white to me. Tans well I'd say though. No melanotan 2 needed like myself

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »
Nah, he looks white to me. Tans well I'd say though. No melanotan 2 needed like myself

I'm not talking about his skin. His features look partly not white. Curly hair, lips, nose.

I consider him a 'white man' but he probably has a guy on the woodpile.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »

Haha ,I love how excited he gets when he talks about fighters (kerr, fedor .....),

SMM  = TRUE BETA  ,what a fagg0t  hahaaha.