Author Topic: Vets, What steroids existed between the 1960-75 Classic Era  (Read 9532 times)

Oly15

• Getbig III
Vets, What steroids existed between the 1960-75 Classic Era
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
Old school veteran bodybuilders,

What were the only steroids that existed during this time? I was just going through my pictures of the classic/golden age bodybuilders and realized that they really didn't have much to work with, yet guys like Sergio, Nubret, Mentzer, Columbo, and obviously the Oak imo have better physiques than pros of today with limitless types of steroids, peptides, gh, slin, synthol, etc.

It is really amazing to me that many pro's of today do not even have arms the size of Serge Nubrets, Sergio Oliva, much less Schwarzenegger. And these guys had so much less to pick from.

So what were the only steroids that existed back then. All of them, not just the obvious.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Vets, What steroids existed between the 1960-75 Classic Era
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »
D-Bol
Deca
Primobolin

The big three back in the day........definately the most popular drugs.

My first "cycle" ever was 15 mgs. of Ciba Labs D-Bol and I gained a shit looad of muscle as well as a lot of strength.

Guys back then trained hard all the time,and workouts were much longer.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »
Yeah figured those were the most widely used. They obviously had to take a lot of deca and dbol to gain there size, so how did they avoid gyno? Did AI's exist back then and were they used?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 02:35:59 PM »
Yeah figured those were the most widely used. They obviously had to take a lot of deca and dbol to gain there size, so how did they avoid gyno? Did AI's exist back then and were they used?
To be honest,I`m not sure if AI`s even existed  ???

I never heard of anyone using them.

Most guys started a cycle at low doses and worked their way up to a max dose in a pyramid style,then worked their way back down as opposed to just starting off on a mega-does.

This may have helped most avoid sides and gyno as well.

They also actually "cycled" coming off for periods of time as opposed to being on all the time which is common these days.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »
hey wes, how much did it cost for the drugs back then? no need for prices, just compare it with todays

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »

Most guys started a cycle at low doses and worked their way up to a max dose in a pyramid style,then worked their way back down as opposed to just starting off on a mega-does.

They also actually "cycled" coming off for periods of time as opposed to being on all the time which is common these days.
I always wondered how they managed those 2+ hour workouts 6 days a week.What was average cycle length like Wes?

rambo_john

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 03:18:19 PM »
I always wondered how they managed those 2+ hour workouts 6 days a week.What was average cycle length like Wes?

A friend of mine trained like that in high school and he got pretty jacked...it's all about genetics my friend.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »
Everything Wes said.

Also, Anavar and Anadrol have been around since the early 1960's, so has Wintrol. Tren has been around since around the late 60's early 70's but I don't know how much it was used then. All the basis single ester testosterone compounds have been around for 70-80yrs, Equipoise has been around since the 60's

Most of the steroids that are around today have been around since the era you're talking about. This was the age when pharmaceutical compounding facilities were able to practice more freely in this regard...since that time, new steroids pop up less often.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
Everything Wes said.

Also, Anavar and Anadrol have been around since the early 1960's, so has Wintrol. Tren has been around since around the late 60's early 70's but I don't know how much it was used then. All the basis single ester testosterone compounds have been around for 70-80yrs, Equipoise has been around since the 60's

Most of the steroids that are around today have been around since the era you're talking about. This was the age when pharmaceutical compounding facilities were able to practice more freely in this regard...since that time, new steroids pop up less often.

Shit most of been so much more potent back in those days.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »

What did you use in the 1940-1950s?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »
What did you use in the 1940-1950s?
:D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »
hey wes, how much did it cost for the drugs back then? no need for prices, just compare it with todays
Bottle of 100 D-Bols = 15-20 bucks and the shit was potent.............it would take a helluva` lot of pink Thais to equal one Ciba Labs tab of original D-Bol.

I remember early 80`s buying 10 cc`s of Equipoise for $15.00.

I really can`t remember much more pricewise,but the stuff was still legal back them,and we also had 2-3 doctors who would write scripts for us.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »
makes sense, im training with more volume and longer, harder and much more frequent and im making improvements by the week...just imagine with they had the drugs now back then lol

wish i was in the game back then (or born for that matter lol)
muscle

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »

Cycle length typically would be 8-10 weeks,and most guys would stay off for the same amount of time before going on another 8-10 week cycle.

Things have really changed!!  

Anavar was very popular as was Winny tabs as Arnold Jr. mentioned above,but the top 3 were D-Bol,Deca,and Primo for most guys.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
makes sense, im training with more volume and longer, harder and much more frequent and im making improvements by the week...just imagine with they had the drugs now back then lol

wish i was in the game back then (or born for that matter lol)
Yeah,but you`d be an old fuck like me right now.............and getting old ain`t for sissies!!   ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
Shit most of been so much more potent back in those days.
It was all legit Mak..............legal and no underground labs that I ever heard of as they weren`t needed.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
D-Bol
Deca
Primobolin

The big three back in the day........definately the most popular drugs.

My first "cycle" ever was 15 mgs. of Ciba Labs D-Bol and I gained a shit looad of muscle as well as a lot of strength.

Guys back then trained hard all the time,and workouts were much longer.

how much did you gain on your first cycle, and how long was that cycle?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 05:05:05 PM »
how much did you gain on your first cycle, and how long was that cycle?

Christ,that was a long time ago,but I believe I put on about 20 pounds in 10 weeks or 2 + 1/2 months.

I didn`t have a huge appetite and my knowledge of training was nowhere as good as it is today,but still it changed my physique bigtime.

I remember another time when I had stopped training for the majority of the time for 7 years and only drank and got high,rejoined the gym,benched 95 pounds for a couple of hard sets of 8 reps......three months later I was mazing out with 300 pounds at a bodyweight of 150...........a double bodyweight bench and again,only 15 mgs. of Ciba D-Bol was used.

That shit was potent.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 07:07:38 PM »
Christ,that was a long time ago,but I believe I put on about 20 pounds in 10 weeks or 2 + 1/2 months.

I didn`t have a huge appetite and my knowledge of training was nowhere as good as it is today,but still it changed my physique bigtime.

I remember another time when I had stopped training for the majority of the time for 7 years and only drank and got high,rejoined the gym,benched 95 pounds for a couple of hard sets of 8 reps......three months later I was mazing out with 300 pounds at a bodyweight of 150...........a double bodyweight bench and again,only 15 mgs. of Ciba D-Bol was used.

That shit was potent.

Motherfuck. Then thats why the guys back then were so big as big as some today, they had more potent shit!! I wonder if the top pros today have access to stuff like Ciba dbol quality steroids..

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »

That shit was potent.

10 weeks=2 +1/2 months  ??? ??? No way  ;D

chess315

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 09:58:38 PM »

That shit was potent.
oh god have i went down that road before been damn near benching 400 then go to the gym 4-5 months later benching 185 a couple times. That staying drunk for several days and not eating anything is a bitch. Im suprised fat people dont do it to lose weight Ive lost 20lbs in a week that way several times. It also funny you will gain 30-40lbs of muscle in a few weeks

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 07:15:25 AM »
Good posts guys.

The biggest difference was all the drugs were real and dosed appropriately.

Most of the old school guys I know said that Primo was the "Tren" of the old days. They all loaded up on Deca/Primo/Winstrol/Dbol and anything else they could get their hands on.

Bunk products were unheard of back then.

8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »
even the name "Primo" makes one think of it as being some "majestic" compound ;D ;D ;D

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »
Good posts guys.

The biggest difference was all the drugs were real and dosed appropriately.

Most of the old school guys I know said that Primo was the "Tren" of the old days. They all loaded up on Deca/Primo/Winstrol/Dbol and anything else they could get their hands on.

Bunk products were unheard of back then.

8)

Your post made me think of that all the guys literally like 90% had hair and werent going bald like these.mofos today. U think maybe it was the juice back then somehow didnt cause it or that the golden age bodybuilders ate healthier and there wasn't as much processed food back then?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
Your post made me think of that all the guys literally like 90% had hair and werent going bald like these.mofos today. U think maybe it was the juice back then somehow didnt cause it or that the golden age bodybuilders ate healthier and there wasn't as much processed food back then?

That's more coincidence than anything else. DHT is what causes hair-loss, it can speed up the deterioration of hair-follicles but it's only going to happen if you're predisposed to male-pattern baldness. Obviously, a lot of the compounds the golden age guys were using were DHT compounds...Primo, Anavar, Winny, etc, all DHT.

And yes, testosterone based compounds can cause a DHT buildup through conversion, but it's rarely a significant amount and it's almost impossible for this to cause the problem.

Last thing, who knows, guys like Arnold and Lou may have very well had hair transplants...I know Arnold was completely grey on both sides of his head in his late 20's...there's a couple pics out there but not many...he normally kept it dyed.