Author Topic: Vets, What steroids existed between the 1960-75 Classic Era  (Read 9530 times)

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
Re: Vets, What steroids existed between the 1960-75 Classic Era
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
That's more coincidence than anything else. DHT is what causes hair-loss, it can speed up the deterioration of hair-follicles but it's only going to happen if you're predisposed to male-pattern baldness. Obviously, a lot of the compounds the golden age guys were using were DHT compounds...Primo, Anavar, Winny, etc, all DHT.

And yes, testosterone based compounds can cause a DHT buildup through conversion, but it's rarely a significant amount and it's almost impossible for this to cause the problem.

Last thing, who knows, guys like Arnold and Lou may have very well had hair transplants...I know Arnold was completely grey on both sides of his head in his late 20's...there's a couple pics out there but not many...he normally kept it dyed.

No shit?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
I've seen a few pics over the years of Arnold during this time where he had the grey in his hair like I described. They looked like pics a friend took, you know, just some cheap camera some friend had at a party or something...the one that's always stood out was one I saw where it looked like he was in someone's back yard for a little barbeque or something....he definitely looked like he was off and taking some down time.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »
Motherfuck. Then thats why the guys back then were so big as big as some today, they had more potent shit!! I wonder if the top pros today have access to stuff like Ciba dbol quality steroids..

LMAO

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 11:52:29 AM »
That's more coincidence than anything else. DHT is what causes hair-loss, it can speed up the deterioration of hair-follicles but it's only going to happen if you're predisposed to male-pattern baldness. Obviously, a lot of the compounds the golden age guys were using were DHT compounds...Primo, Anavar, Winny, etc, all DHT.

And yes, testosterone based compounds can cause a DHT buildup through conversion, but it's rarely a significant amount and it's almost impossible for this to cause the problem.

Last thing, who knows, guys like Arnold and Lou may have very well had hair transplants...I know Arnold was completely grey on both sides of his head in his late 20's...there's a couple pics out there but not many...he normally kept it dyed.

Wow dude never knew that about arnold. Would be awesome if I could find those pictures.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
LMAO

Considering how shitty the majority of these guys physiques are, it's not that laughable.

SL1CED

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 03:32:19 PM »
D-Bol
Deca
Primobolin

The big three back in the day........definately the most popular drugs.

My first "cycle" ever was 15 mgs. of Ciba Labs D-Bol and I gained a shit looad of muscle as well as a lot of strength.

Guys back then trained hard all the time,and workouts were much longer.

Out of curiosity, did these Dbols give you less water retention than today's set of Dbol?

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »

Do hormones speed up or cause premature graying of hair?

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »
Bottle of 100 D-Bols = 15-20 bucks and the shit was potent.............it would take a helluva` lot of pink Thais to equal one Ciba Labs tab of original D-Bol.

I remember early 80`s buying 10 cc`s of Equipoise for $15.00.

I really can`t remember much more pricewise,but the stuff was still legal back them,and we also had 2-3 doctors who would write scripts for us.

"Equipoise for $15.00"

With those prices i'd be doing 2 bottles a week of Eq. Most likely before i run out of the juice, i will run out of spots to inject.  ;D

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 05:13:49 PM »
Do hormones speed up or cause premature graying of hair?

Naw graying age is totally genetic and unaffected by steroids.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »
Naw graying age is totally genetic and unaffected by steroids.

What he said.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »
"Equipoise for $15.00"

With those prices i'd be doing 2 bottles a week of Eq. Most likely before i run out of the juice, i will run out of spots to inject.  ;D
the primo should be cheap too...

thinking of these prices makes me want to start home brewing real bad.

whitewidow

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 06:25:29 AM »
The East germans were making potent jenepharm 5mg oral Turinabol tabs in 1961, there was of course the ciba Dbol wes mentioned, negma parabolan, anavar, winstrol, hell I believe their were halo tabs, Primo, Deca,Test, I heard rumors of masteron being made and sampled by few. Never heard of any of them using synthol,HGH or insulin. Mainly is the USA it was Dbol,Deca,Primo, Test. I have heard so many stories of Arnold using alot of Primo and popping alot of ciba dbol. In europe they had more of a variety from what I heard. the negma parabolan was over there in france the Tbol was part of a east german scandal but it coulkd still be acquired though it was mainly made for their athletes. The masteron I heard was being experimented in europe.

The halotestin was being tested on people in the states then released.  Alot of bodybuilders did dbol only cycles and got huge! It wouldn't work like that this day and age. The steroids made back then were far superior then todays steroids! They used uncutt raws! and usa steroids could be bought as easy as a snickers bar. If the bodybuilders used the amounts of steroids and HGH guys today used who knows what they would of looked like! they did a interview with frank zane and he admitted to steroid use but not anything like todays pros are using. He said steroids are not bad at a low dose.

the question is why do all the products we have access to not work like the old school steroids? just crappy raws I guess! How come they make 50mg dbol tabs when you could take 15-30mg of ciba dbol and get jacked up like you were on a stack of steroids? The one steroid that still worked about the same was the old british dragon oral turinabol! It would give you amazing gains in a very short time.I never tried the jenepharm Turinabol of course but saw pictures of the athlete that did and the British Dragon Tbol gave very similar results.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 07:09:29 AM »
Out of curiosity, did these Dbols give you less water retention than today's set of Dbol?
It`s pretty tough for me to give you a good answer on this as even on a lot of Test (a lot for me anyway),I never hold a lot of water.

One thing I can say though is the original D-Bol was unreal stuff.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »
Good thread.

For the oldies *cough* wes *cough*:

How does the human grade stuff e.g. test e, deca, pink thais nowadays compare with the stuff you took in the golden age?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »
Good thread.

For the oldies *cough* wes *cough*:

How does the human grade stuff e.g. test e, deca, pink thais nowadays compare with the stuff you took in the golden age?

I could be wrong, but I'd think if you walked into a CVS or Walgreens or wherever and got a bottle of Testosterone or Nandrolone it wouldn't be any different than a bottle in 1970. I'm referring to a legitimate product made by an actual compounding facility...the only kind a place like CVS or Walgreens is going to carry. Dbol, I could see that being a different story. Anyway, like I said, I could be wrong, but this would be my guess.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »
The East germans were making potent jenepharm 5mg oral Turinabol tabs in 1961, there was of course the ciba Dbol wes mentioned, negma parabolan, anavar, winstrol, hell I believe their were halo tabs, Primo, Deca,Test, I heard rumors of masteron being made and sampled by few. Never heard of any of them using synthol,HGH or insulin. Mainly is the USA it was Dbol,Deca,Primo, Test. I have heard so many stories of Arnold using alot of Primo and popping alot of ciba dbol. In europe they had more of a variety from what I heard. the negma parabolan was over there in france the Tbol was part of a east german scandal but it coulkd still be acquired though it was mainly made for their athletes. The masteron I heard was being experimented in europe.

The halotestin was being tested on people in the states then released.  Alot of bodybuilders did dbol only cycles and got huge! It wouldn't work like that this day and age. The steroids made back then were far superior then todays steroids! They used uncutt raws! and usa steroids could be bought as easy as a snickers bar. If the bodybuilders used the amounts of steroids and HGH guys today used who knows what they would of looked like! they did a interview with frank zane and he admitted to steroid use but not anything like todays pros are using. He said steroids are not bad at a low dose.

the question is why do all the products we have access to not work like the old school steroids? just crappy raws I guess! How come they make 50mg dbol tabs when you could take 15-30mg of ciba dbol and get jacked up like you were on a stack of steroids? The one steroid that still worked about the same was the old british dragon oral turinabol! It would give you amazing gains in a very short time.I never tried the jenepharm Turinabol of course but saw pictures of the athlete that did and the British Dragon Tbol gave very similar results.

genuine "akrihin" dbol, made in russia.

stuff is potent, 3 week with only one 5mg tab e.d and my tshirt are too short.

a friend of mine took them like "regular" dbol, he started 50mg e.d, he immediately lowered the dose to 20 mg, and he's not a new comer in roids believe me...

one amp of u.g "testonon" e.w with 15 mg of akrihin and boooooommmmm.
asstropin

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »

Interesting!!!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 01:42:51 AM »
D-Bol
Deca
Primobolin

The big three back in the day........definately the most popular drugs.

My first "cycle" ever was 15 mgs. of Ciba Labs D-Bol and I gained a shit looad of muscle as well as a lot of strength.

Guys back then trained hard all the time,and workouts were much longer.

Interesting how wes had first response

OP should have phrased it "what was available in ancient "wes" times..?"

;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 04:06:36 AM »
Interesting how wes had first response

OP should have phrased it "what was available in ancient "wes" times..?"

;D
Now that wasn`t very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 06:08:29 AM »
It`s pretty tough for me to give you a good answer on this as even on a lot of Test (a lot for me anyway),I never hold a lot of water.

One thing I can say though is the original D-Bol was unreal stuff.

People talk about the Ciba dbol's like if it was a different compound. Was it like that or some myth.

Naposim is farmaceutical as well and it's supposed to be 5mg of dianabol also but i don't see anyone talking marvels about them.

I have tried it and are much more stronger than the 1000 pills bags of thais dbol's.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 06:14:04 AM »
Now that wasn`t very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Sorry Wes.

But seriously, what did Sandow take?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 01:30:56 PM »
People talk about the Ciba dbol's like if it was a different compound. Was it like that or some myth.

Naposim is farmaceutical as well and it's supposed to be 5mg of dianabol also but i don't see anyone talking marvels about them.

I have tried it and are much more stronger than the 1000 pills bags of thais dbol's.
Not a myth bro,I have no clue why it was so good,but it really was the shit.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »
Sorry Wes.

LOL  ;D

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
Purity of the raw material is what makes one drug so much better than another.

My doctor told me that even amongst FDA approved drugs sold in the US, there can be 20% variance in effectiveness from
one brand to another.
I have noticed this with my prescribed meds.... certain brands work far better than others, even though dose is the same. Sometimes
a particular generic will be better than the original, but in most cases, the original is the best.
When you don't have strict standards for raw materials (like all the UG stuff that uses raws from India and China), you lose a lot of purity
and ultimately end up with a less effective product (I don't care who your chef is, there is no UG shit out there as good as real pharm grade).
If someone were to not use their American prescribed hormone replacement test for a few months and use it as a cycle instead, say 750mg
per week, I bet it would blow away any other UG based cycle of test they had done in the past.

I can take 100mg daily of impure UG d-bol made from Chinese raws, and it will have more sides and less results than 40mg of naposim.
When I have real normas on hand, I grow extremely well from 400mg. UG stuff I need to double, and I get increased sides if I do.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »
Sorry Wes.

Wes, you gotta give it to him on this one... I almost fell off my chair laughing here bro. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA