Author Topic: Has anyone ever filed for bankruptcy or used a debt consolidation company?  (Read 6360 times)

CC973

• Getbig III
I have some old credit card debt I'm trying to get out of. Not sure if I want to go the bankruptcy route or see if a debt management company can negotiate a nice settlement. I've heard the creditors can sometime get a settlement for 20% of the total if you pay them in full.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
I have some old credit card debt I'm trying to get out of. Not sure if I want to go the bankruptcy route or see if a debt management company can negotiate a nice settlement. I've heard the creditors can sometime get a settlement for 20% of the total if you pay them in full.
get setts yourself dont use credit company wasted money. just tell creditor that you are on verge of bkp and family willing to help then make offer 20%
p

bradistani

• Getbig V

have you tried negotiating with the credit card company yourself?  give that a whirl before you line the pockets of some cunting debt management scam

bigjim

• Getbig III

This is get big Im as rich as fuck, bitches, money, muscles even political power.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
I used AmeriDebt after I was laid off from HomeGold Financial back in 2001......bunch of fucking scam artists.  Got a settlement check last year for 100 dollars..... ::)

Better to settle directly with the credit card companies
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?

heres an idea- why not do the honourable thing and pay off your debts, deadbeat?

::)
b

diamondcut

• Getbig III
heres an idea- why not do the honourable thing and pay off your debts, deadbeat?

this

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
get setts yourself dont use credit company wasted money. just tell creditor that you are on verge of bkp and family willing to help then make offer 20%
Offering to settle your debt with a creditor for less than you owe will impact your credit score negatively.
T

BayGBM

• Getbig V

Bankruptcy is a horrible stain.  Avoid it at all costs. :-X

CC973

• Getbig III

True. I was considering it because my credit is basically fucked for a while anyways. My understanding is that even when you do reach settlements, it doesn't do much to improve your score. It takes years for that to come back up.

I'd still rather settle so I'll look into trying to negotiate with them myself.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne

No shit....pay the money you owe. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

The highlighted is the way to go. Bankruptcy and going through a debt management company will screw your credit up as well.

http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

wtf is wrong with you, those bankers would never give you a dime if you were homeless and starving on the street corner, fuck em, go the bankruptcy route, your credit will be back to normal after a few years, chapter 11.

Do not listen to these capitalistic idiots on here, chapter 11 will free you, your credit will be hurt short term, but it will be cleared off in a few years after you have filed for it, so no big deal, don't let the banks scare you.

TEAM Nasser

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
wtf is wrong with you, those bankers would never give you a dime if you were homeless and starving on the street corner, fuck em, go the bankruptcy route, your credit will be back to normal after a few years, chapter 11.

Do not listen to these capitalistic idiots on here, chapter 11 will free you, your credit will be hurt short term, but it will be cleared off in a few years after you have filed for it, so no big deal, don't let the banks scare you.

Fuck off deadbeat. You create a debt you pay for it. If you thought you couldn't pay the debt when you created it then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. But like no one said, do the honorable thing and pay for it, even you make an effort it won't kill your credit. 

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength

X10
Be a fucking man and pay what you owe.  This shit makes me sick, you spent the money why should someone else get stuck with the bill.  Payup and learn from your mistakes or remain a deadbeat loser the rest of your life.

randy841

• Getbig III
If you are legitimately going through hardship like 10 of thousands others, tell the banks to fuck off and anyone else harassing you. They will also have the lawyers call you separately, don't take their threats so seriously, they can't do shit all. Look at your house and car deeds, if any move them over. They will come after anything under your name or associated with it. Yes, you can protect your assets in a bk proceeding. Don't pay them 100% or even negotiate for 20% (your credit rating is fucked either way). When the collections agencies start calling do the same, tell them to shove it.

Remember the banksters during the 2008 financial crisis, how they screwed million of people over?
They take money at .25% interest rate from the federal reserve and screw the consumer at 20% interest rates. There are over 1000 financial institutions that failed since 2008. Bend them over, and do the same. The banks know there is risk involved and something could come up when you both signed a contract for the loan. That is the cost of doing business. Banks borrow billions and fail to pay their obligations all the time.

So tell the creditors to fuck off and just file Chapter 11. Later on while you go through it, you will find ways of building your credit again. Only spend what you put in cash on the credit cards.

Don't go with the high moral ground cookie cutter bullshit offered here and elsewhere.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
If you are legitimately going through hardship like 10 of thousands others, tell the banks to fuck off and anyone else harassing you. They will also have the lawyers call you separately, don't take their threats so seriously, they can't do shit all. Look at your house and car deeds, if any move them over. They will come after anything under your name or associated with it. Yes, you can protect your assets in a bk proceeding. Don't pay them 100% or even negotiate for 20% (your credit rating is fucked either way). When the collections agencies start calling do the same, tell them to shove it.

Remember the banksters during the 2008 financial crisis, how they screwed million of people over?
They take money at .25% interest rate from the federal reserve and screw the consumer at 20% interest rates. There are over 1000 financial institutions that failed since 2008. Bend them over, and do the same. The banks know there is risk involved and something could come up when you both signed a contract for the loan. That is the cost of doing business. Banks borrow billions and fail to pay their obligations all the time.

So tell the creditors to fuck off and just file Chapter 11. Later on while you go through it, you will find ways of building your credit again. Only spend what you put in cash on the credit cards.

Don't go with the high moral ground cookie cutter bullshit offered here and elsewhere.

Fucking WOW!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Hate that expression.  Yeah, it's the cost of doing business with crooks and deadbeats. 

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Pay your debts, especially to your friends. This is from IFBB Pro Valerie Gangi

"I’m not sure if this is the right thing to do or not, but I really need to get this off my chest. I guess the purpose of this post is just some form of justice to myself by exposing IFBB Pro Dayana Cadeau for what she did to me since now I legally have no recourse do to her actions. Basically it is a public warning to anyone who knows her or may meet her in the hopes that no one else is put into the same situation and loss. I will stick to the facts and keep my personal opinion of her to myself.

Recently IFBB Pro Dayana Cadeau filed bankruptcy to avoid repaying me $12,000 that I loaned her in 2009 to help her buy a car. I had known and competed with Dayana back in my bodybuilding days and prior to 2009 had, what I thought, become good friends. I graciously lent her the money out of my son & my savings on her word that she would repay me from any prize money from the Arnold & Olympia and proceeds from the Dayana Cadeau Classic she promotes in October for the past 3 years. Finally this past year after receiving a whopping $400 in payments, I had to hire an attorney who succeeded in winning me a judgment against her. After much anxiety and an additional $7,000 plus in attorney fees, I am left now with nothing and no way to collect my money due to the bankruptcy filing. I am sickened to my stomach that she lied and scammed me. I am a single mother who does not receive alimony or child support, I take care of an ill mother, and work very hard to support me, my son, and help my mother. To all my friends, fitness industry associates, and fellow IFBB brothers and sisters please know the loss I have incurred and what kind of person she is."

randy841

• Getbig III
Hate that expression.  Yeah, it's the cost of doing business with crooks and deadbeats. 

Not everyone is a 'crook and a deadbeat' who is going through hard times. There are thousands of families struggling to put food on the table while having to deal with the scum of the earth debt collectors.

They are the lowest forms of human life on earth, and will use every trick in the book -- EVEN THREATS to get the pennies on the dollar so they can split with the institution owed (50/50). That is the only way pay for them to get paid. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt. If one is legitimately struggling, tell them to fuck off. THEY CANNOT DO NOTHING LEGALLY - NOTHING. THE DEBT COLLECTORS ARE SIMPLY LEECHES PICKING OFF THE BREAD CRUMBS.

P.S. Anyone being threatened by these lowest forms on earth next to salesman - record all correspondence. When they tell you - 'your call is being recorded' - tell them the same. Watch the smirk come right off their face, and they will treat you like human beings.

randy841

• Getbig III

"I’m not sure if this is the right thing to do or not, but I really need to get this off my chest. I guess the purpose of this post is just some form of justice to myself by exposing IFBB Pro Dayana Cadeau for what she did to me since now I legally have no recourse do to her actions. Basically it is a public warning to anyone who knows her or may meet her in the hopes that no one else is put into the same situation and loss. I will stick to the facts and keep my personal opinion of her to myself.

Recently IFBB Pro Dayana Cadeau filed bankruptcy to avoid repaying me $12,000 that I loaned her in 2009 to help her buy a car. I had known and competed with Dayana back in my bodybuilding days and prior to 2009 had, what I thought, become good friends. I graciously lent her the money out of my son & my savings on her word that she would repay me from any prize money from the Arnold & Olympia and proceeds from the Dayana Cadeau Classic she promotes in October for the past 3 years. Finally this past year after receiving a whopping $400 in payments, I had to hire an attorney who succeeded in winning me a judgment against her. After much anxiety and an additional $7,000 plus in attorney fees, I am left now with nothing and no way to collect my money due to the bankruptcy filing. I am sickened to my stomach that she lied and scammed me. I am a single mother who does not receive alimony or child support, I take care of an ill mother, and work very hard to support me, my son, and help my mother. To all my friends, fitness industry associates, and fellow IFBB brothers and sisters please know the loss I have incurred and what kind of person she is."

Friends and institutions must be treated as polarizing opposites.

If i borrowed from a friend or family, i'd feel obliged till the day i die.

But financial institutions are in a league of their own, they borrow and lend to me and you, so they can profit off a higher interest differential. Inherent risk is involved in the latter - as clearly stipulated in every contract signed by both parties.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Not everyone is a 'crook and a deadbeat' who is going through hard times. There are thousands of families struggling to put food on the table while having to deal with the scum of the earth debt collectors.

They are the lowest forms of human life on earth, and will use every trick in the book -- EVEN THREATS to get the pennies on the dollar so they can split with the institution owed (50/50). That is the only way pay for them to get paid. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt. If one is legitimately struggling, tell them to fuck off. THEY CANNOT DO NOTHING LEGALLY - NOTHING. THE DEBT COLLECTORS ARE SIMPLY LEECHES PICKING OFF THE BREAD CRUMBS.

P.S. Anyone being threatened by these lowest forms on earth next to salesman - record all correspondence. When they tell you - 'your call is being recorded' - tell them the same. Watch the smirk come right off their face, and they will treat you like human beings.

Even if you file bankruptcy, you still make an effort to repay your debts when you get back on your feet. It's not an invitation to blow off the debt you created. But I guess losing face and trust with friends means nothing.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

Post is Methyl Mike-free. You've changed, man.    ;D

seCrawler

• Getbig IV

All I can tell you, is to try and pay off the debts, had debts which have been paid off, and my credit has recovered.  Someone said, if you are over 50k you should consider bankruptcy.   

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

If you fall on hard times, sometimes you dont have a choice.  The debtors are calling you, and you feel despair.  Especially if you dont have a job, and the creditors are going to put a lean on your current income, causing you to not be able to pay rent or get food.

In this case, it looks like Dayana hasnt even tried to even give Valerie anything in the last year or so, which isnt cool. Even a call to explain, even some form of money to start is important to the soul.  So you declared bankruptcy to avoid creditors.  Don't even the friends who helped you either.  You make a $100, at least give them 10% to show some faith.