Author Topic: UFC 146 - May 26, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada  (Read 4934 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
From wiki

UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by Ultimate Fighting Championship. It is expected to take place on May 26, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.[1]

For the first time in UFC history all 4 fights on the main card will be Heavyweight bouts.[2] UFC Primetime will return to promote the main event.[3]
On April 4th, 2012 it was announced that co-headliner Alistair Overeem had failed a pre-fight drug test due to a high testosterone to epitestosterone ratio. Overeem will have to appear at a Nevada State Athletic Commission hearing on April 24th in order to review his request for a license.[4]
On April 20, 2012 Dana White announced via Twitter that Junior dos Santos will face Frank Mir instead of Alistair Overeem.[5] Two days later Dana White announced via Twitter that Cain Velasquez, who was originally slated to fight Mir in the co-main event, will now face Antonio Silva.[6] Roy Nelson, who was originally scheduled to fight Silva, will remain on the card and face Gabriel Gonzaga.[7]

Main card

Heavyweight Championship:  Junior dos Santos (c) vs.  Frank Mir[1]
Heavyweight bout:  Cain Velasquez vs.  Antonio Silva[1]
Heavyweight bout:  Roy Nelson vs.  Gabriel Gonzaga[1]
Heavyweight bout:  Mark Hunt vs.  Stefan Struve[1]

Preliminary card (FX)

Featherweight bout:  Diego Brandao vs.  Darren Elkins[1]
Lightweight bout:  Evan Dunham vs.  Edson Barboza[1]
Middleweight bout:  Jason Miller vs.  C.B. Dollaway[1]
Lightweight bout:  Jacob Volkmann vs  Paul Sass[1]

Preliminary card (Facebook)

Welterweight bout:  Dan Hardy vs.  Duane Ludwig[1]
Light Heavyweight bout:  Kyle Kingsbury vs.  Glover Teixeira[1]
Featherweight bout:  Mike Brown vs.  Daniel Pineda[1]

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
I really like the look of this card, the only main fight that will lack anything resembling technical combat is Struve vs Hunt as theyll be looking to just knock fuck out of each other. Am thinking:

JDS
Desperately want to say Bigfoot..........so i will  ;) Nah cant see passed Cain in this one.
Nelson (toughest choice for me by far)
Struve

Brandao
Barbosa
Miller
who cares???

Once Hardy loses he will be done with Zuffa for now, hes fallen off the rails harder that Roger Huerta.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
I want to see this card just to see whats left of the HW division in the UFC.

Geo

• Getbig IV
this cards puts most other cards to shame even with the substitute for the main event

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Mir will win.  Not because he dominates, but because he will submit JDS after a mad scramble on the ground (ala Nog)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Mir will win.  Not because he dominates, but because he will submit JDS after a mad scramble on the ground (ala Nog)

Mir is never getting him down, JDS will render him unconscious

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
You have way too much faith in a man who has never been tested before.  Mir is far more experienced than JDS.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
You have way too much faith in a man who has never been tested before.  Mir is far more experienced than JDS.

Experience means little when you are as good a striker as JDS my friend. Lesnar demolished him twice, Carwin just about took his head off and big Nog had him out and didnt jump on him. None of those men have near the ability of JDS, he is a killing machine inside the octagon with his boxing and its gonna be lights out in no time!  :-*

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Experience means little when you are as good a striker as JDS my friend. Lesnar demolished him twice, Carwin just about took his head off and big Nog had him out and didnt jump on him. None of those men have near the ability of JDS, he is a killing machine inside the octagon with his boxing and its gonna be lights out in no time!  :-*
Just let me dream a little won't ya  :D

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Just let me dream a little won't ya  :D

OK he has a punchers chance  ;)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Stipe Miocic has a future in the UFC...I saw him fight a bit in the NAAFS out of Cleveland, OHio....he's a tough kid.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 mir aint a bad striker but hes not on jds level. jds fought well and deserves alot of credit. mir didnt look that determined to get it on the ground though, maybe he couldnt or thought he could hang with junior in the striking area
R

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
I give credit.  ;D

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
I give credit.  ;D

Thank you my friend, however it was obvious from the go that Mir would not be able to ground JDS and thus the inevitable outcome of a stand up confrontation would be Mir sleeping on the mat  ;)

Mir can hang with 2nd and 3rd tier fighters and even look like cream at times, however i have stated many times he is so far from being a top tier fighter he should give up any hopes of even a future contenders match.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Thank you my friend, however it was obvious from the go that Mir would not be able to ground JDS and thus the inevitable outcome of a stand up confrontation would be Mir sleeping on the mat  ;)

Mir can hang with 2nd and 3rd tier fighters and even look like cream at times, however i have stated many times he is so far from being a top tier fighter he should give up any hopes of even a future contenders match.
As I said before, Mir is becoming outclassed with the kind of talent coming into the UFC now.
He's headed down the path of Chuck Liddel.